HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:23 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
V8 You need to tell me what colors you want yours? or send me some Photo examples

just tried to give you a call.

I'll be doing yours next behind this one ...using mine as a the test prototype for these first ones. The gloved hands on this one may be a bit more difficult...I'll be working on those later tonight. In order to get him to fit right...I'm removing a good portion of the Seat in the cockpit except to the top of the back head rest portion (Due the the enlarged Parachute on his back). It will also compensate a little for the added weight of these guys, besides you can hardly see much of the actual seat when he's sitting it anyway. he's going to be slightly heavier than the other one I sent you , but not much more.

Right now I'm looking for a good paint scheme for him and his outfit?
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Oct 05, 2012 at 10:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:37 PM
Joined May 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed89 View Post
Ok.... I have and fly <recently> a Durafly 1100mm A-1 skyraider....flaps/gear....Do you think I could fly your 1700mm p-51? or should I wait and progress my flying with a different model?
My B-Day is comeing up...and wife needs my list....perhaps this model is over my head...but SURE looks nice...just like My Spad does to me ...also looking for the Bang for the $$...my FMS baby spad...and the 1100mm durafly spads' were a good deal I thought...$67.00 & $139.00 Lol Very first models I have not built...and came with EVERYTHING...well ARF....plus they FLEW with the motor/lipo set up they came with...I sorrta' liked that
I've been flying for a bout a year now and this is my line up till i got this plane.

parkzone super cub.
fms 1400 t-28
fms 1400 p-51
parkzone stryker

and now the 1700mm p-51.

I think you can do it man, I just had to get use to the taking off and landing.
verb408 is offline Find More Posts by verb408
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:05 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,308 Posts
Brandon is a classic example of why I treasure this community so much. Someone with so much talent so ready to give his services and knowledge away for so little in return. v8 is another example. He got tired of listening to me ramble on about how I never had a wattmeter so what does he do? Buy me a wattmeter and send it to me unconditionally.

There are many others that are like Brandon and v8 in this community. And that is why I have come to call this place home and the finest forum community I have ever known. The generosity is overwhelming at times. So glad to be a part of it. My hope is that I can one day meet these folks in person and shake their hands.
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:53 AM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Wow!!!... I feel humbled. Thank you for the Fantastic Compliment!!! Where did that come from?...not that I mind

I do have to appologise... I still haven't gotten arround to making the outer door rods I told you I would ....got a few projects on the table right now.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Oct 06, 2012 at 03:58 AM.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:53 AM
csna182
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Jun 2004
217 Posts
brandon, can we get a pic of obsession with wings on and spinner etc? would love to see thanks art, make great wallpaper for my comp.
csna182 is offline Find More Posts by csna182
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:23 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,539 Posts
Thanks Aros. Agree that best thread I've been a part of, forum for that matter. I love helping others out be it info or parts, especially if they have the passion I do for the hobby. I've only been in for 4yrs and will be doing it long after retirement (I'm 31yrs old), so ill be around for awhile, I hope .

BM I can get those rods done for Aros and have em sent out today if you don't have the time, lem'me know...
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:39 AM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,539 Posts
BM,

Found a few I like. I'll send u pics.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:04 AM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Dec 2008
291 Posts
@ Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
Here are preliminary pictures of the new pilot I'm doing for V8 and myself
Brandon - The new pilots are just amazing. I had convinced myself to just live with the stock pilots in my P-51 and Corsair, but everytime I see the progress you are making on these guys it makes me rethink..I may just have to get in line when & if you have time to do more of them..BTW "Obsession" is looking awesome. Can't wait to see her put together...All the Best...David
Letsmakeadeal is offline Find More Posts by Letsmakeadeal
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:18 AM
I can fix it.
Cochranton, Pa.
Joined Nov 2005
1,333 Posts
Newbie needs help

I get fed up with the guys who refuse to read the thread and ask questions that have been answered over and over again.

Now I am one.

I have four Parkzone P-51's. Two have retracts. I love P-51's. Should I get a bigger one? I am looking and the FMS seems to be the clear choice, but I don't see a good place to purchase one. Where do you get them?

Thank you,
nageotte is offline Find More Posts by nageotte
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:31 AM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,539 Posts
Nag,

Welp if you want to use those eflite retracts I'm assuming they are the smaller 10-15 or 15-25, you'll want to install em on the 1450/1400mm P51 which probably won't need to do as they supposedly come with better retracts now on the v7. Now if you want the larger 1700mm bird then those retracts would be too small as the plane is about 10lbs and those are rated for 5lbs plus most likely fit the mounts. Hope this helps and you'll love the beauty of this plane.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:26 PM
Joined May 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nageotte View Post
I get fed up with the guys who refuse to read the thread and ask questions that have been answered over and over again.

Now I am one.

I have four Parkzone P-51's. Two have retracts. I love P-51's. Should I get a bigger one? I am looking and the FMS seems to be the clear choice, but I don't see a good place to purchase one. Where do you get them?

Thank you,
I got mine from Banana Hobby, i know they have a bad rep but so far I've ordered 5 different items from them on different shipments and it came in within 5 business days usually 3 business days. i live in Northern California btw.
verb408 is offline Find More Posts by verb408
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:14 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,560 Posts
V7's of the 1400mm are up on Banana Hobby....FYI

I just learned this was OLD NEWS sorry.

http://www.bananahobby.com/almost-re...-1527-ctg.html
kydawg1 is online now Find More Posts by kydawg1
Last edited by kydawg1; Oct 06, 2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:06 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by csna182 View Post
brandon, can we get a pic of obsession with wings on and spinner etc? would love to see thanks art, make great wallpaper for my comp.
@ csna182

Sure, I'll try and put all the pieces together and get a few pictures of it all assembled tonight

@ David,

no problem, just let me know when you're ready to have one done and shoot me a PM

@ Nick

Thanks, that would be great. I actually made a few last night, but I'm sure if we both sent him some it wouldn't hurt

@ nageotte

I got mine from Banana Hobbies and didn't have any problems, except for getting the replacement PZV2 retracts I'm still waiting for, but that is a whole seperate issue. The Planes themselves arrived in good time and in good condition.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Oct 06, 2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:43 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,308 Posts
Strap on boys...

RIDE IN A P-51 MUSTANG - COCKPIT VIEW FROM LADY ALICE (25 min 25 sec)
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:08 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Awsome!!!!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona