Your idea of normal wear and tear is very different than mine LOL
dambit is offline Find More Posts by dambit
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:26 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,343 Posts
Man, sometimes I wonder if I have someone out there with an Aros/RC Voodoo doll.
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:29 PM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,932 Posts
I think you must, LOL

Maybe I've been lucky, but since I got this plane in March the only things I have had to replace are the tail wheel retract and one (1) propeller blade.

(touching lots of wood right now )
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:32 PM
Been There, Crashed That!
Australia, WA, Geraldton
Joined Jul 2011
577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dambit View Post
I think you must, LOL

Maybe I've been lucky, but since I got this plane in March the only things I have had to replace are the tail wheel retract and one (1) propeller blade.

(touching lots of wood right now )
Didn't your mother tell you not to play with that, you'll go blind lol.
Austang is online now Find More Posts by Austang
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:32 PM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,932 Posts
Bahahahah

Yeah, I could have worded that better

had a couple of drinks already, Grand Final day after all
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:34 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,343 Posts
Ahhhh man! LOL!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:39 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
You guys are "Just not right"...lol
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:57 AM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,197 Posts
In case the wire keeps breaking from your wire pulling abuse ( must be all the plane videos ) , you can also try Sierra gear , and century jet retracts they sell aluminum stanoffs that actually hold the leg to the door in a scale fashion and will slide with compression of the gear leg
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:15 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,115 Posts
Ground Attack Day - IL-2, P-47, P-51, F7F (14 min 26 sec)
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Sep 30, 2012, 01:51 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,343 Posts
Nothing beats that sound!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 30, 2012, 02:13 AM
United States, TN, Collierville
Joined Jun 2012
34 Posts
Cool video! The F7F was really neat to see. Would have been nice to have a Stuka flying with them as well.

I don't know if it was due to the video or just my eyes but the iL-2's wing span appeared to be wider than I would have thought.
Slick371 is offline Find More Posts by Slick371
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:01 PM
United States, NH
Joined Sep 2012
18 Posts
Maidenened my Frankie Yesterday

Hello,

I'm the guy who had two bad gear door servos. I replaced one with a Hitec HS-55 and the one thats reversed with a Futaba S3114 with some shims added to keep it tight in the pocket. I also did the V8 Propmod but used .030" polystyrene shims rather than the .040" zipties (was afraid of too much speed). My tailwheel retract was'nt working when the plane was rightside up, but did when I turned the plane over. I read on some previous posts that you had to work it a few times when new.

I had read a bunch of previous posts on taking off and landing this baby so I felt pretty confident and away I went. It broke ground after about 30 feet and I climbed out at about 3/4 throttle and brought the gear up. She was rock steady and smooth as silk and my boys couldn't beleive how real she looked. I did a few passes, some smooth rolls and a few loops and she made me look like a pro it was so smooth! I used flaps and brought the gear down but the tailwheel didn't retract. I cycled them a few times but it wouldn't come down so I landed her like that. She was nice and steady on final and I couldn't have been happier on a successful maiden. No damage on the tail at all on the grass field.

Last night I found a post by BrandonMoon about adding some aluminum tape to the screw piston that contacts the microswitches in the tail retract unit. I carefully did that and now the tailgear works perfect.

I went to the field this morning all excited, put the wing on, and tested the gear on the stand. One of the mains only went up half way, I cycled the gear back down and it lowered. Then I retracted them and it went up all the way so I tried to lower them back down but that one now stayed up in the wing. It's stuck up there now so I couldn't fly. I'm going to try and take it out today and see if I can find something wrong.

Hopefully I can get the bugs worked out of it, it looks so good in the air and flies incredibly well.

Good Day.
BrianBird is offline Find More Posts by BrianBird
Old Sep 30, 2012, 01:28 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,701 Posts
Brian,

Congrats on a good maiden. Don't be scared of a lil speed! prop mods a easy must do, just lay off the throttle every now n then. Glad you enjoyed her beauty on the air. I just got back from the field and had 4 planes out euro, fa18 (both 90mm), Su35, & FF, the 3 ppl that curiously stopped by just kept admiring the detail of my FF p51.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Sep 30, 2012, 01:36 PM
United States, NH
Joined Sep 2012
18 Posts
v8, thanks for the help, sounds like you had agood day at the field!

I got my retract out and found the circuit board in it must be burnt out as it has that nasty burnt electronics smell. I sent an email to Banana Hobby customer service requesting new gear door servos, tail retract and main retracts and I'll return the bad ones, we'll see what they do for me!
BrianBird is offline Find More Posts by BrianBird
Old Sep 30, 2012, 01:52 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBird View Post
v8, thanks for the help, sounds like you had agood day at the field!

I got my retract out and found the circuit board in it must be burnt out as it has that nasty burnt electronics smell. I sent an email to Banana Hobby customer service requesting new gear door servos, tail retract and main retracts and I'll return the bad ones, we'll see what they do for me!
hate to say it n all but the way BH return warranty handling is, your plane may be down n out for a bit. If you wanna get back in the air quick buy the PZV2 retracts and a spare servo if you can spare the cash, from Rc-castle. I know youve already spent a lot on getting the plane already, but these retracts have been problematic from the get go. Look at it this way if you do get the PZV2 retracts you've got a spare set when BH replaces em.

Yup great morning at the field and perfect landings with my FF P51, got 4 flights in. Of course the 1 flight I got on via was the worst (still good) landing. Go figure! lol! Su35 was flying a bit shaky so I brought ber in and packed up and called it a day.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin