HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:32 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,844 Posts
jdm,

Did u order the new PZV2 retracts also from rc-castle?
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:18 PM
flying is everything
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Oct 2010
273 Posts
no im planing on just going with the eflite 60-120 85* retracts
jdm2ner is offline Find More Posts by jdm2ner
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:20 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,844 Posts
Even better! But 90* would suit better than the 85*
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:28 PM
Name brands compare me...Why?
United States, NJ
Joined Feb 2012
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
I transport it fully intact, I have a pickup truck that I transport it in and tied down on the bed. So i never take it apart.
Do you have a picture of that...maybe I can get an idea.
BRAND X is offline Find More Posts by BRAND X
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:34 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,844 Posts
Brand x,

No i just tie my plane down with tie down straps to the D hooks on the corners of my trucks bed. I don't have a custom fab stand or anything.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:32 PM
Grounded in NC
Joined Aug 2012
52 Posts
Well, I wasnt able to get my flaps working yet (they went down but wouldnt go up, meanwhile the radiator cooing door worked). So I brought my baby to the club airfield for help, and now the gears dont work either. So I pulled everthing apart to start from scratch.

Need some help as I dont think is correct yet:
Why is there a y cable labeled 4, which I believe is for the rudder. That doesnt make sense to me.
Then, there are two wires coming out from the rear gear area, but only one channel 6 wire to plug into. Seems like there should be a y cable for that.

Or am I just off somewhere.

Have I possibly fried something?

I appreciate any and all comments.
wmartin817 is offline Find More Posts by wmartin817
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:39 PM
flying is everything
Joined Oct 2010
273 Posts
v8truckin,

do you have a pic with the 90* retracts i always thought 85* for warbirds
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:26 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,844 Posts
Well originally that's what I and other thought when we installed the eflites after I should the camber of the 90* toeing out slightly. Once others posted the 85* retracts and showing how they camber in, the 90* look better fit. Although 87 or 88* is probably the actual retract needed, but they don't make em.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:37 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,844 Posts
Jdm,

90* - notice the slight toe out. Less prone to a collapse.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=4742900

85* - Brandonmoon has em installed but hasn't had any problems with em.

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...8-DSC00291.jpg

I honestly don't think they will be a problem but if you haven't ordered em 90* would give the best camber.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:05 AM
flying is everything
Joined Oct 2010
273 Posts
thanks for the pic v8 the 90* do look better is there anything i have to do i know i have to cut some off the strut but that should be it right
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:41 AM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,844 Posts
well 90* you need to add washers to the outside screw mount holes. 85* you add em to the inside. Also the eflite retract is a lil longer so you'll need to shave some plastic off on the mount where the wires come out the motor. Also below the retract is a ziptie holding the wires, you'll also need to shave some plastic for this to allow the retract to sit flush on the mount. I think BM posted a bid somewhere in this thread, basically do everything he says but add washers to the opposite side of the screw mounts he indicates on the 85* for the 90* install.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:20 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
Its on my you tube channel.... just search Brandon Moon
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Sep 11, 2012, 02:28 AM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
Any ideas for wmartin817? I have not connected a receiver to mine yet so I am not up to speed yet.

Aaron
Aaron Wallace is offline Find More Posts by Aaron Wallace
Old Sep 11, 2012, 02:43 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmartin817 View Post
Well, I wasnt able to get my flaps working yet (they went down but wouldnt go up, meanwhile the radiator cooing door worked). So I brought my baby to the club airfield for help, and now the gears dont work either. So I pulled everthing apart to start from scratch.

Need some help as I dont think is correct yet:
Why is there a y cable labeled 4, which I believe is for the rudder. That doesnt make sense to me.
Then, there are two wires coming out from the rear gear area, but only one channel 6 wire to plug into. Seems like there should be a y cable for that.

Or am I just off somewhere.

Have I possibly fried something?

I appreciate any and all comments.
Don't nescessesarily go by the label markings...your particular radio setup and channel orientation may be different? check what your outputs are first, you need to know what your chanel output is on your radio in order to hook it up correctly. Pay close attention to Ch's 1 & 4 as they may be in oposite order on your paticular radio setup...is was that way on mine ...I use Futaba and actually CH1 label was Ch4 and visa-versa

typically:
CH1= Rudder (depending on your paticular radio setup & output Ch1 & 4 may be the the other way arround...that is the way mine is depending on wether you're using Futaba, JR...etc.)
CH2= Elevator
CH3= Throttle
CH4= Ailerons (depending on your paticular radio setup & output Ch1 & 4 may be the the other way arround...that is the way mine is depending on wether you're using Futaba, JR...etc.)
CH5= Retracts
CH6= Flaps
CH7,8, 9... and so on= Aux1, 2, 3 etc.

Also if you have a programmable radio?...you may need to set travel rates ( commonly refered to as ATV or AFR)? as some radios are defaulted to 0 on initial settings (especially Ch's 6, 7, 8 and up). Check your travel settings on your radio and make sure you have at least 50% up and 50% down on all channels...preferably 100% up/down.....then adjust from there
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Sep 11, 2012 at 02:57 AM.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:58 AM
Grounded in NC
Joined Aug 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
Don't nescessesarily go by the label markings...your particular radio setup and channel orientation may be different? check what your outputs are first, you need to know what your chanel output is on your radio in order to hook it up correctly. Pay close attention to Ch's 1 & 4 as they may be in oposite order on your paticular radio setup...is was that way on mine ...I use Futaba and actually CH1 label was Ch4 and visa-versa

typically:
CH1= Rudder (depending on your paticular radio setup & output Ch1 & 4 may be the the other way arround...that is the way mine is depending on wether you're using Futaba, JR...etc.)
CH2= Elevator
CH3= Throttle
CH4= Ailerons (depending on your paticular radio setup & output Ch1 & 4 may be the the other way arround...that is the way mine is depending on wether you're using Futaba, JR...etc.)
CH5= Retracts
CH6= Flaps
CH7,8, 9... and so on= Aux1, 2, 3 etc.

Also if you have a programmable radio?...you may need to set travel rates ( commonly refered to as ATV or AFR)? as some radios are defaulted to 0 on initial settings (especially Ch's 6, 7, 8 and up). Check your travel settings on your radio and make sure you have at least 50% up and 50% down on all channels...preferably 100% up/down.....then adjust from there
thanks Brandon, I'll try that. Just to be clear, wouldnt the flaps, ch6, be connected to Aux 1 ( on my Dx8)?
wmartin817 is offline Find More Posts by wmartin817