HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:08 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYC View Post
There is more to Aarons questions than that Dambit...
Instructions are a little lacking.--- They sure are
Which Wing multi connector plugs into the top / bottom of the recepticle in the fuse? --- Follow Dambits advise.
What is the separately packaged multi connector for? ---No idea! Got one myself but its in my spare parts box and the plane has been flying for months
The external pins coming out of the BEC are for what? As Dambit alluded these are the voltage jumpers for the BEC, leave them as is...
The power (red/black) connector from the BEC is for what? I originally thought that this was seperate power for the BEC but I tried leaving it off (the RX) and the servos still operate without it. If anyone else has knowledge of what this is for, Id like to know too!
Aaron & MYC,... Maybe this will help a little?, The Red/Black RX Connector coming from the external BEC is to supply additional power the RX. The ESC has a built in 3A BEC circuit, but it's risky at best to use it only to power the RX and all the servos along with the retracts, (Granted it works), But IMO it would be best to plug them both in...they are in paralell and safe to run that way, Just plug the the Red/Black connector coming from the External BEC to any open free RX port. If one of them fails? the other will take over and prevent loss of controll...so it also serves as a redundancy back up.
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Sep 06, 2012 at 02:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:16 PM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
Thanks for the clarifications guys. Sorry but, as I said 1700mm Mustang For Dummies! That would be me. The 4 pins sticking out of the BEC have no jumper on any of them. So... The red/black connector from the BEC goes where? The connector coming out of the ESC is labled CH3. My experience is that plugs into the throttle port which is usually CH1. The ESC manual says to plug it into the throttle channel so why is it labeled CH3? The extra multi connector has great label on it top to bottom CH5B CH5C CH1 CH6 LED. Nice of them to include it for free... That the wing connectors can be plugged into either port is impressive. Makes that easy. I am still surprised that I have to pull motor and put washers behind it for the thrust line. The cowl / nose is obviously cut for it but since mine has no right thrust the spinner appears to be off to the left leaving a big gap on the right side. Putting in washers should fix that and give right thrust but, it leaves a nagging should I be doing this... Also the wing fit. I am surprised that more people have not had this issue.

Thanks for any input,

Aaron
Aaron Wallace is offline Find More Posts by Aaron Wallace
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:18 PM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
Thanks for clearing up the red/black Rx connector Brandon! I will certainly connect them both.

Aaron
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:21 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
Ch#3 on most radios is the throttle by default, Mine (Futaba) is that way, yours may be different
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:32 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Wallace View Post
Thanks for clearing up the red/black Rx connector Brandon! I will certainly connect them both.

Aaron
The jumper settings are the same as the ERC pictured here. If there is no jumper connected, the default setting is at 5.5V.

NOTE: if you still have the older V1 or V1.5 Retracts units installed and NOT the PZV2's ?....DO NOT set the jumper to 6V or you will fry the retracts!!!....only set this at 6V if you have the PZV2 retracts or have modified the plane and installed the PZV2 retracts your self....the PZV2's actually work better at the 6V setting
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:38 PM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
I have yet to open the gear doors and deploy the retracts but, given that there is no jumper on my BEC I assume that I have the older retracts. I did order the PZV2s from Raymond so when I get them and install them, how do I change it to 6v?

Thanks as always!

Aaron
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:40 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
Quote:
I have yet to open the gear doors and deploy the retracts but, given that there is no jumper on my BEC I assume that I have the older retracts. I did order the PZV2s from Raymond so when I get them and install them, how do I change it to 6v?

Thanks as always!

Aaron
You'll need a shorting pin like the one in the picture, most computer stores have them, like Frys electronics, Micro center, Best Buy...etc
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:41 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,844 Posts
BM,

Setting the eflite 60-120 retracts 6v vs stock 5v on my cc bec pro has what benifit? I know for servos it produces more torque, but is this the same for retracts? Just wondering.

Thanks
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:42 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
BM,

Setting the eflite 60-120 retracts 6v vs stock 5v on my cc bec pro has what benifit? I know for servos it produces more torque, but is this the same for retracts? Just wondering.

Thanks
Yes ...they also will work better at 6V. That's what mine is set at for on my E-Flites
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2012, 03:01 PM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
You'll need a shorting pin like the one in the picture, most computer stores have them, like Frys electronics, Micro center, Best Buy...etc

On which pins do you put this shorting pin to achieve 6v? Unlike the one in the picture, mine has no labels for voltage.

Aaron
Old Sep 06, 2012, 03:07 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
Quote:
On which pins do you put this shorting pin to achieve 6v? Unlike the one in the picture, mine has no labels for voltage.

Aaron
The pin orientation is the same as the one pictured. Just orient the stock one the same as this one. should be the 2 inner most pins that wiil set it at 6V
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2012, 04:03 PM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
The pin orientation is the same as the one pictured. Just orient the stock one the same as this one. should be the 2 inner most pins that wiil set it at 6V
Thanks Brandon. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. My pilot is installed and ready for action! What is a good glue to reattatch the canopy?

Aaron
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:53 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
I recomend the stock glue..which is rubber cement
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:57 PM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
4,056 Posts
Quote:
I am still surprised that I have to pull motor and put washers behind it for the thrust line. The cowl / nose is obviously cut for it but since mine has no right thrust the spinner appears to be off to the left leaving a big gap on the right side. Putting in washers should fix that and give right thrust but, it leaves a nagging should I be doing this... Thanks for any input,

Aaron
There is no need to adjust the thrust line. Mine has almost no deflection and tracks perfectly. Just make sure everything is tight and it'll be fine.

Why do people have to fiddle with stuff when they openly admit they have no idea about it. Not meant as an offence, just thought it needed saying.
dambit is online now Find More Posts by dambit
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:44 PM
Grounded in NC
Joined Aug 2012
52 Posts
Am building my FF, but have some problems:
1. Thought I asked for the latest version (2) when I ordered, but looks like V1 as the struts are plastic. So do I need to order the newer PZV2 you havementioned from Raymond(RCCASTLE?). And new retracts from eflite? Or are they one unit?...dissapointed on this one.

2. On first try the flaps seem to work perfectly. Now they will only move downward. They wont return to up position. The vent works as expected when the flaps are switched. Any thoughts about cause or fix?

3. As I mentioned earlier, the spacing between the cowling at the top is bigger than at the bottom. I checked that everything is tight. Do I need to add washers as mentioned above? Or is that a bad idea.

4. I'm not sure if this is the same question that has been asked recently, but what is the extra connection comming off the ESC. It is not marked for any channel?

I know you probably get tired of asking what probably has already been asked; but I really appreciate it. I love this plane and flying (for about a year but have much to learn) thanks
wmartin817 is offline Find More Posts by wmartin817