8,407 Posts
Oh my there's no comparison!
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:31 PM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
887 Posts
The one nice thing about MRRCSOUNDs system is that you can transfer from plane to plane easier but with the Benedini system all you need to do install the speakers and amp into other planes and then you can switch the TBS mini sound board back and forth and reprogram the sound with a laptop at the field.
godofthunder77 is offline Find More Posts by godofthunder77
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:33 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,407 Posts
FMS should work with Benedini...Can you imagine their future warbirds with Benedini pre-installed?

(Okay, the price point would be out of reach but still cool, LOL!)
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:37 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,844 Posts
Okay ! ya Mr rcsounds sounds like a bunch of black cats going off, lmao! Bendini is legit!
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:37 PM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
FMS should work with Benedini...Can you imagine their future warbirds with Benedini pre-installed?

(Okay, the price point would be out of reach but still cool, LOL!)
Yep I know. you have to be willing to commit. That is why folks get MRRCSOUNDs system because of the price, but it just doesnt compare
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:06 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder77 View Post
Yep I know. you have to be willing to commit. That is why folks get MRRCSOUNDs system because of the price, but it just doesnt compare
To be fair, at least post a flight video, against a flight video.

FMS FW-190 with MrRCSound (2 min 43 sec)

I have nothing against the Benedini. As someone else said, it is the top of the line system. But in many cases, it is out of the price range of the average Joe RC pilot. That is who my system is directed to.

By all means, if you have the money, go for the Benedini. If a decent sound, for a value price, with the ability to easily move it from plane to plane is what you are looking for, at least take a look at my system.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:07 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Okay ! ya Mr rcsounds sounds like a bunch of black cats going off, lmao! Bendini is legit!
That is not a good representation video as even the customer who made it, said it sounds tinny becuase of the room. At least take a look at the flight video above. Lastly, my systems are targeted at more of a budget minded flyer, but they are just as legit as any other system out there.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Last edited by MrRCFlying; Aug 23, 2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:17 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,844 Posts
No I haven't , that's the reason I inquired about the sounds system. Hmmm, now that does sound better. Guess that echo inside a room gave off the wrong sound. Don't take my comment to heart, but thank you for defending your product. Got my mind thinking.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:23 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,938 Posts
Quote:
No I haven't , that's the reason I inquired about the sounds system. Hmmm, now that does sound better. Guess that echo inside a room gave off the wrong sound. Don't take my comment to heart, but thank you for defending your product. Got my mind thinking.
I changed my post, as I think it originally came off too rough. I did not want to come off that way. I do not like comparing my system to any others. Comparing the my Budget or Pro system to a Benedini is like comparing ab apple of a Ferrari. I realize that it is heads above. What my main goal is to prvide at more budget mided system for the average flier. Not all of us has $400 to drop into a system, that really is for one plane.

No harm done, I just don't care for the comparisons. Let each unit stand on it's own for what it is. Mine is for the budget minded, that want to be able to move the single system from plane to plane on the filed, thus getting more value per plane. I have my one personal system that I use in 5 planes.
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:30 PM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
To be fair, at least post a flight video, against a flight video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jij8vzjILwc

I have nothing against the Benedini. As someone else said, it is the top of the line system. But in many cases, it is out of the price range of the average Joe RC pilot. That is who my system is directed to.

By all means, if you have the money, go for the Benedini. If a decent sound, for a value price, with the ability to easily move it from plane to plane is what you are looking for, at least take a look at my system.

Andrew

Andrew,

We are not knocking you by any means we realize that your price caters to the lower price but I will be honest that I think all of us here are average Joes Thank you for posting a better video but still if we were doing a bench test between the two and the quality of sound. In my opinion the Benedini wins. (Just my opinion) The other issue that concerns me is that what happens if something hardware wise goes wrong on your system. With the benedini system it is easy to switch out parts if they break, instead of a whole unit. You know what I mean. When I installed mine I wanted the most realistic sound I could get. I think I darn near got it, yes it was expensive though. When I say not to buy yours, I am assuming that the modeler wants to get the best sound possible and may want to see other options out there. Like mine and some others. I am not selling this product just giving my ideas but to also have fun and I understand your view. Good luck on your business.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:32 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,844 Posts
Appreciate your response. Look at it this way your system to bendini is probably what Cs12 blade is to stumax (don't take this the wrong way). Changesun provided a product that was cheaper and purchasable by the avg. rc person (me) seeking the high price stumax sound w/o spending stumax $$$. I love the CS12 and probably will never purchase a stumax fan. I know u just said you don't like comparisons but I couldn't help it. Thanks for making an affordable product for others.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:54 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder77 View Post
Andrew,

We are not knocking you by any means we realize that your price caters to the lower price but I will be honest that I think all of us here are average Joes Thank you for posting a better video but still if we were doing a bench test between the two and the quality of sound. In my opinion the Benedini wins. (Just my opinion) The other issue that concerns me is that what happens if something hardware wise goes wrong on your system. With the benedini system it is easy to switch out parts if they break, instead of a whole unit. You know what I mean. When I installed mine I wanted the most realistic sound I could get. I think I darn near got it, yes it was expensive though. When I say not to buy yours, I am assuming that the modeler wants to get the best sound possible and may want to see other options out there. Like mine and some others. I am not selling this product just giving my ideas but to also have fun and I understand your view. Good luck on your business.
No problem. I completly understand where you are coming from. Your P-51 sounds fantastic! I have never, and will never say bad things about other systems out there. I just believe that for the most part they are targeted at a slightly different group. One, that like you, wants the best sound possible, and does not mind paying the extra money for it. That is why I think each unit should stand on it's own, for what it is, what it can do, and not be compared. I hope you understand.

Point well taken about the component issue. I do stand behind my products, and I have, and will do repairs if necessary instead of the whole unit. For the most part though, the should be trouble free for many hours of operation.

No hard feelings, each person has thier own opinion, and you were just expressing yours. I am just not a big fan of comparisons, when I beleive they are quite different animals.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:57 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,938 Posts
Quote:
Appreciate your response. Look at it this way your system to bendini is probably what Cs12 blade is to stumax (don't take this the wrong way). Changesun provided a product that was cheaper and purchasable by the avg. rc person (me) seeking the high price stumax sound w/o spending stumax $$$. I love the CS12 and probably will never purchase a stumax fan. I know u just said you don't like comparisons but I couldn't help it. Thanks for making an affordable product for others.
That is fine. No harm done. I hope I did not come down on you too hard. To each his own. I am just trying to provide a less expensive alternitive to the average flyer on a budget. I think your comparison of blades, is very much like we are talking about here.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:02 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,407 Posts
To be fair, that flight video definitely sounds better than that bench test video. All the points are fair...It's good to have options!

To change the topic...

My tailwheel is behaving badly. The retract still works/cycles but the trunnion is not locking in place in the down position and you can joggle the tailwheel as it has tons of slop. Anyone else with this issue? So I couldn't fly tonight as even slight pressure on the tailwheel and it would fold into the up position, regardless of the retract's cycling position.
RCG Plus Member