HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 23, 2012, 05:30 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orvis View Post
Awesome job on the exhausts, brandonmoon! Very nice indeed!

On a personal note, my new receiver arrived yesterday for my red tail P-51.
After powering it up, I had one flap servo fry almost immediately and no throttle response in the ESC/motor.
The good news is the V1 retracts are still working.
I'm going to buy all new servos for the control surfaces on this model seeing how fast this one burned out. Hate to loose the plane because of that.
However, I'm perplexed about why I am not getting any response on the thottle. The ESC powers up and initializes as it should with the battery cell count and the "all ok" beeps, but no throttle. I have also ran through the throttle setting procedure to no avail. Anyone else run into this issue?

Cheers,
Peter
Check your ch 3 rx connection and any programing you radio may have on that ch and its assignment....make sure you are actually getting 100% travel in both directions from the tx to the rx.....sounds like it may be set at 0 or something below 100%.
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2012, 05:46 PM
United States, NC, Rocky Mt
Joined Oct 2003
1,044 Posts
So finally I am going to get the 1700mm. I havent had a chance to read through everything here but I assume they fixed the spar issue that was present in the original version. I see there is a V1 and V2. V2 would be of what difference to V1?
P-51 flyby is offline Find More Posts by P-51 flyby
Old Aug 23, 2012, 05:57 PM
United States, NC, Rocky Mt
Joined Oct 2003
1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidbowler View Post
Loving this mustang. I will be doing that scheme on my 1700 once it arrives. I have seen this plane quite a bit. I am actually in the process of working on this scheme for my smaller stang. Just have to get that black straight instead of it arching toward the center
P-51 flyby is offline Find More Posts by P-51 flyby
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:20 PM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
Thanks Peter for the info! What's the $400 versus $250? The problem is my mod skills are minimal and this will probably be beyond my skill to install so I will likely have to have someone else install the system for me.

Brandon, your exhaust stacks are sick in detail. Typical attention to detail. Fantastic!
If I was you I would not buy the MRRCSOUND system. It will not do your model justice. I understand what he is trying to do by offering a product at a lower price, which is fine but if you want good quality sound, it has to be the Benedini. TRUST ME!

Todd if you want this system installed, you let me know. I would be happy to do it for you. The only thing I would not do for you is paint it, but you are the expert with that If you want me to price out the whole thing like my Frankie, I will be more than happy. Just remember about the RC world, "You get what you pay for."

Also I will not charge you the labor. I am sure they may be things down the road you could do for me. I just enjoy the sound system so much that it brings me joy to install it.
godofthunder77 is online now Find More Posts by godofthunder77
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:21 PM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
870 Posts
Good news HOBBYKING HAS THEM IN STOCK TOO!!!!!! I THINK I MIGHT SNAG UP ANOTHER ONE.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:23 PM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
870 Posts
ooooooo Even better I can get at a little cheaper price!!!! Yipeee
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:44 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,321 Posts
GOT,

Do you have a buddy code for that sound system?
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:52 PM
Leduc, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2008
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
so you put the radio throttle to WOT and turned on the radio, pluged in battery into esc, waited for the quick beeps, move throttle stick back to neutral and still nothing works? Try adjusting the throttle trim tab all the way down then all the way up and see if it engages, if it does do the previous throttle set point steps all over once the trim engages the esc.
Yup, tried all of that and nothing.
Also, checked my satellite receiver; it's connected.

Cheers
Peter
Orvis is offline Find More Posts by Orvis
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:08 PM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
870 Posts
Quote:
GOT,

I don't but when I log in to my HK account it automatically gives me $10.00 off both
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:08 PM
Leduc, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2008
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
Check your ch 3 rx connection and any programing you radio may have on that ch and its assignment....make sure you are actually getting 100% travel in both directions from the tx to the rx.....sounds like it may be set at 0 or something below 100%.
I think I now know what the problem is after reading your suggestion.
Some of model's servo plugs with the channel tags on them do not match up to my receiver.
IE: the ailerons (Ch 1) is actually Ch 2 on my receiver, and the elevators (Ch 2) is actually CH 3 on my receiver. All other channels match....except the ESC (Ch 3); to initialize the ESC I have to put it into Ch 7 on my receiver.
However, I'm using a Spectrum DX6i 6 channel TX so I cannot use Ch 7 on the receiver.
I have tried using the ESC in the receiver's Ch 1 (which is free) but the ESC won't initialize. I don't think the DX6i can assign channels or if it can I do not know how to do it.
Any advice?

Cheers,
Peter
Orvis is offline Find More Posts by Orvis
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:10 PM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
870 Posts
Quote:
GOT,

PM me your email address and maybe it will work.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:16 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder77 View Post
If I was you I would not buy the MRRCSOUND system. It will not do your model justice. I understand what he is trying to do by offering a product at a lower price, which is fine but if you want good quality sound, it has to be the Benedini. TRUST ME!

Todd if you want this system installed, you let me know. I would be happy to do it for you. The only thing I would not do for you is paint it, but you are the expert with that If you want me to price out the whole thing like my Frankie, I will be more than happy. Just remember about the RC world, "You get what you pay for."

Also I will not charge you the labor. I am sure they may be things down the road you could do for me. I just enjoy the sound system so much that it brings me joy to install it.
Definitely want the Benedini system...I've heard from just about everyone it is the superior sound system. Thank you so much for the offer! Love this community!

I was thinking snagging another V2 P-51...We can talk about the details on the phone...Maybe I could send you the plane direct? Anyhow, thanks again for the offer Brian!
Aros is online now Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:18 PM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
870 Posts
No problem
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:22 PM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
870 Posts
Boo ya,

P51 (2 min 14 sec)

Just to make the decision easier! LOL

Turn your PC Speakers up to hear the full effect
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by godofthunder77; Aug 23, 2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:25 PM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
870 Posts
Now you comapre this to MRRCSOUND and you make the decision!

fms v2 p-51 mustang with mrrcsound module (1 min 0 sec)

Again I am knocking him at all just want people to hear the diference
RCG Plus Member