HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:28 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,349 Posts
You want to make sure they have the latest version with the PZ-V2 retracts installed. With the upgraded retracts this is by far the finest electric foam P-51 on the market.
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:17 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,712 Posts
If I was u I would also order a spare set of struts just incase yours doesn't come with the updated ones that rc-castle is sending out. Wait till BM and I confirm on next shipment that this is the case. Or ask for them directly from Raymond at RC astle when ordering.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:22 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thscale View Post
Guys,

I've spent the last few days first finding, then reading a lot of the posts regarding this model. I've been looking for a while at getting my hands on an E-powered,
p-51.

It appears the model from FMS is a winner. I sent an email to BH asking what version they currently carry.

Can any of you tell me which one to expect? Is it the V2 that i'm looking for?

Also, at the time of purchase, should I order the upgraded retracts, and struts from FMS (RC-Castle), or do I need just the struts?

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve
I've been monitoring the BH website since the whole PW-RC fiasco awhile back, and they have been posting some FMS b/o products as bring available "early August". Using the FMS FW-190 airframe kit as an example, apparently they have received a new container from China, but there are no updates to the parts listings for the 1700mm P-51 including the PZ-V2/716 E-Tracts? Which if you will notice, both the red and yellow 1700 P-51's are now listed under the BlitzRCWorks banner and no reference to FMS!

At this point, I would say it's a crap shoot?

Gary
Sandancer is offline Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:35 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
I gotta say, you guys have me confused on this strut thingie??

The 1700mm P-51 FMS struts I got from Phillip back in Jan. are a solid aluminum/steel configuration, much like the RC SkyLites, although FMS took it a step forward and added some nice plastic scale housing for both the top and bottom units. What am I missing here?

Gary
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:03 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,712 Posts
If u look at the 2nd picture. What you have listed as plastic housing is no longer plastic it is all aluminum and thinker and now covers the aluminum housing that holds the spring. The plastic begins from the scissor mech where u screw in the wheel skirt screw down to the axle. They are two whole seperste pieces. If you look at the last page post #5017 my 1st picture shows the difference between the 2 with the plastic scissor portion slid up to reveal it is no longer a part of the plastic housing which is now aluminum, stronger, and wiggle free.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:04 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,349 Posts
Yep, what v8 said.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:08 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,712 Posts
I can post a video showing ot more clearly if u or anyone else would like me to do so.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:22 PM
Destin,Fl
Joined Nov 2002
572 Posts
Yes Please do. I have wanted this P-51 from the time it came out but will wait some more till we are sure the PZ V-2 is installed in the ARF. BTW I keep thinking PZ is short for Park Zone but i guess not. Also the F4U-4 but will wait on that one as well. I was hoping that as long as they took to put the F4U out that it would be on target. Maybe FMS will send correct wing kits to anyone that bought the V-1.
cmk-2 is online now Find More Posts by cmk-2
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:51 PM
United States
Joined Aug 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandancer View Post
I've been monitoring the BH website since the whole PW-RC fiasco awhile back, and they have been posting some FMS b/o products as bring available "early August". Using the FMS FW-190 airframe kit as an example, apparently they have received a new container from China, but there are no updates to the parts listings for the 1700mm P-51 including the PZ-V2/716 E-Tracts? Which if you will notice, both the red and yellow 1700 P-51's are now listed under the BlitzRCWorks banner and no reference to FMS!

At this point, I would say it's a crap shoot?

Gary
I could swear two days ago, the BH website had FMS down as the mfgr!
Is this something one should be concerned with? Does FMS mfgr for Blitzrcworks?

I read the Blitzrcworks EDF line had a lot of issues (with their larger scale birds at least).
8thscale is offline Find More Posts by 8thscale
Old Aug 20, 2012, 07:19 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,349 Posts
I've been designing their new package artwork (the product boxes the planes arrive in) and the logo has the Blitz RC Works logo under theirs...
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2012, 07:29 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,712 Posts
Video is uploading of the comparison between the struts v1 (original), v1.5 (added grub screw), v2 includes v1.5 update and now the aluminum housing replacing the plastic.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 07:33 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk-2 View Post
BTW I keep thinking PZ is short for Park Zone but i guess not.
Ping Zheng

Gary
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2012, 07:37 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thscale View Post
I could swear two days ago, the BH website had FMS down as the mfgr!
Is this something one should be concerned with? Does FMS mfgr for Blitzrcworks?

I read the Blitzrcworks EDF line had a lot of issues (with their larger scale birds at least).
It's probably an oversite, the 1700mm P-47 is correctly listed as FMS/BlitzRC. Both the red and yellow P-51's on pg 5 are FMS, V1 or V2??

Gary
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2012, 07:53 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,712 Posts
Updated v2 FMS stock oleo struts

FMS v2 vs v1.5 updated oleo strut comparison.mp4 (4 min 20 sec)
Old Aug 20, 2012, 08:54 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Dec 2008
291 Posts
@v8

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Yup. Pkgd in FMS bags direct from RC-castle
Hey V8 - just looked at Rc-Castle and I don't see the new struts listed or the new wing wiring harness. Maybe I am just overlooking it. Do you have a part number for the struts or the wiring harness? THanks...David

PS: The FMS Pitts is awesome. Looks great. Should have mine out this weekend for a maiden. It is a great size.
Letsmakeadeal is offline Find More Posts by Letsmakeadeal