SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 22, 2012, 05:41 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbancrof View Post
Chewy,

I had a long email discussion with Philip and what it boils down to is that FMS's price to the small Chinese vendors in much higher than what BH gets them for and allows Philip and the others a very slim profit margins.

In Philips case anyone that's done business with him knows he stands behind what he sells and I was shocked to learn that he has been eating the cost of replacing defective parts in the FMS planes he sells as well as other brands.

He mentioned that he can't complete with BH as they're already selling below what he charges and doesn't want to raise his prices as he fears we'll think of him as "greedy".

I assured him that those of us that order from him do so because of his exceptional customer service even though it costs more. I for one don't mind paying a bit extra for the great service.

Philip is such a stand up guy that he has actually refunded excess postage on most of my orders.

I have no clue why FMS chose BH as their sole US distributor but sooner or later they realize the ramifications of that decision. That's not to say that BH is all that horrible if you just order a plane from them as I have on many occasions and there are no issues with the plane.

I've never had to deal with them on a defective part but the hundreds if not thousands of negative posts about their poor customer service have to based in a least some fact.

Until they have consistent track record of least average customer service I'm going to stick with folk like Philip if he carries what I looking for.

Another reason to support these smaller guys even if it costs a tad more is so we do at least have a choice of vendors. If BH ends up being the only game in town for FMS birds it's going to suck to be us.

Gary
Gary,

Thanks for the explanation. I can't & won't buy from BH as it is impractical due to the high cost of postage from USA to Malaysia. For these FMS planes, I usually buy locally from the Malaysian dealer www.rcsmart.com.my. I usually get my spares from either rc-castle or pw-rc. For other planes, it's usually Hobbyking or some vendor in Hong Kong (pw-rc and rc-castle included)

The only problem with rcsmart is that their stock is not up to date with the newer versions. Really the only way for me to get the latest version is either rc-castle of pw-rc

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2012, 08:22 AM
Doctorfoamy on Youtube
United States, TX, Denton
Joined Sep 2011
176 Posts
Interesting -

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
I don't know exactly where to get these directly? These are the replacements Raymond @ RC-Castel at the direction of FMS sent me for my replacements of the pair I had bought from him earlier that burned up. I'm also supposed to be recieving 2 more sets from BH at FMS direction for the replacements of the retracts from there that burned up...still waiting for those to show up? , but supposedly they are on thier way

I don't believe these are available as a seperate and direct purchase right now, but should be soon I would think? I'll see if I can find out more about ordering te
hem directly...I've already written Raymond @ RC-Castel and asked exactly that...but still waiting on a reply

[/URL]
Thanks.... I think I may need to write Raymond a note as well. I hate to make work for him as he has taken care of me since I ordered this plane from RC-Castle.com earlier this year. Interesting that it was Pete's website that got me interested in the plane in the first place, but since it was one of his "coming soon" (like in three months) ads, I sourced the product from an offshore supplier. With more people becoming aware of PW and RC Castle, Pete was essentially running ads for his offshore competitors....

My V1 e-retracts smoked and flamed back in March. At the time, BH offered a fast/cheap replacement option on the FMS original parts so skipped the hassle of working the "warranty request" approach and cash-ordered the replacements from Pete. Now I can't even do that since none of the four source retailers that sell FMS replacements are offering this part! I have cash....what I dont have is the desire to fly a 1700mm mustang with one gear that won't retract!

The entire RC/EPO industry needs to wake up and realize that just like OEM automobiles, the profit isnt in the car or plane....the real money is in the parts! I may only buy one airframe of this model, but I will need parts for several years in the future. They need a better distribution/inventory/retail solution to keep folks and their airplanes in the air, not sitting in a garage.
jlkitz is offline Find More Posts by jlkitz
Old Jul 22, 2012, 03:44 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,347 Posts
Hey fellas, I created some wallpapers for the Corsair and here's the first in the series for the Mustang. I do take requests for angles, etc...

Time To Go (1920x1080)

Tuskegee (1920x1080)

Pride Of Tuskegee (1920x1080)

Coming Home (1920x1080)

Red Tail Flare (1920x1080)
Aros is online now Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 22, 2012, 03:50 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Wow...those look sharp. nice job
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Jul 22, 2012, 03:54 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,347 Posts
Thanks Brandon! I have about 10 different liveries to choose from too...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 22, 2012, 03:58 PM
Germany
Joined Nov 2010
58 Posts
Great wallpapers, really nicely done.
I chose the "Time To Go" one...
Minicocker is offline Find More Posts by Minicocker
Old Jul 22, 2012, 04:05 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,347 Posts
Thanks!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 22, 2012, 06:54 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,347 Posts
Here's one more for now...

Ferocious Frankie (1920x1080)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 22, 2012, 06:55 PM
Joined May 2012
43 Posts
Flaps

Hello everyone, Quick question about flaps. What % settings did you set your flaps to on your dx7 or equivalent?

Thanks in advance
verb408 is offline Find More Posts by verb408
Old Jul 22, 2012, 06:58 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,347 Posts
I think mine are 60% mid and 100% full. I'll double check.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 22, 2012, 07:06 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
The New Larger V2 PZ Replacement retracts

This is the instructions for the mod need to install the New Larger V2 PZ retracts...I Love these retracts and hope they are standard equipment from now on.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Jul 22, 2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Added photos
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:35 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Here is the link sent to me by Raymond at RC-Castel for the new Larger V2 PZ retracts for the 1.7 mm FMS war birds.

These are great retracts and I highly recomend them as replacements from the smaller and older stock ones. Here is the link everybody has been asking me about....Just got this from a moment ago from Raymond at RC-Castel. Flight test on them this weekend proved very solid and sound and was operating at 6 volts on the bec.

I've just ordered 2 complete sets from him. I think the price is outstanding considering the other more expensive alternative of E-Flites

http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=2265
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Jul 23, 2012 at 01:25 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:22 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
This is the instructions for the mod need to install the New Larger V2 PZ retracts...I Love these retracts and hope they are standard equipment from now on.
Wow - I sure wish Banana was sending us all replacements to take care of the issues we have had............
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:37 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Actually they are...I have 3 sets of them on the way here from BH. But you need to call and notify them.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:42 PM
United States, CA, Yosemite Lakes
Joined Jan 2008
687 Posts
I got a USPS number this afternoon for mine.
scribble007 is offline Find More Posts by scribble007