HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2012, 01:18 PM
Sir-Crash-a-Lot
United States, IL, Edwardsville
Joined Jun 2011
331 Posts
Is this a Banana Hobby thread or a mustang thread?
Mr.Firemouth is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Firemouth
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2012, 01:19 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
that is interesting...sounds good to me. Pete actually told me similiar things like this last year when he called me and we spoke, That was back when he had sent me the new LX F-18.

I got my notice from them last night that my replacement retracts are finally shipping for my 1.7 Mustang and P-47
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Jul 20, 2012, 01:30 PM
United States, CA, Yosemite Lakes
Joined Jan 2008
687 Posts
I Also got a shipping notice that my retracts are on their way. I could have had them weeks ago, But they are out of stock on the tail retracts. I waited patiently, for them to come in, But still haven't.
I sent a polite email to Alex asking to ship was he had in stock and they will just have to mail the tail later.
Next day, there was a tracking number in my email.
scribble007 is offline Find More Posts by scribble007
Old Jul 20, 2012, 02:32 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Firemouth View Post
Is this a Banana Hobby thread or a mustang thread?
I'm pretty sure that it's clear to everyone that is a part of this and certain other FMS threads that the discussions of the past day or two have been of great importance. My job is to help clarify the situation instead of dealing with endless speculation so we can in fact, move on, which is to get back to discussing the plane itself, which I assume was your point, snarky or not.
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2012, 02:45 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
I'm pretty sure that it's clear to everyone that is a part of this and certain other FMS threads that the discussions of the past day or two have been of great importance. My job is to help clarify the situation instead of dealing with endless speculation so we can in fact, move on, which is to get back to discussing the plane itself, which I assume was your point, snarky or not.
Way to go Todd ...Talked with Austin last night...got some new test stuff on the way here.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2012, 02:49 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,309 Posts
Cool Brandon...Looking forward to your reviews!

I've got the V2(3?) Red Tail on it's way, and the 1700 Corsair ships on Monday...I can't wait to get my hands on THAT! Your pilot you made me has been sitting getting drunk on paint fumes for over a month! I need to get him sobered up and ready for maiden in a week or so!

RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2012, 02:50 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Takeing the Red Tails back out tomarrow for her 2nd flight test after the repairs and a better landing this time....lol...also will later be testing out a new Turnigy 380kv motor on a 100A ESC to see if I can get a bit more power and performance without moding the prop
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2012, 02:54 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Cool Brandon...Looking forward to your reviews!

I've got the V2(3?) Red Tail on it's way, and the 1700 Corsair ships on Monday...I can't wait to get my hands on THAT! Your pilot you made me has been sitting getting drunk on paint fumes for over a month! I need to get him sobered up and ready for maiden in a week or so!

That sounds super. Yep better get him sobered up...lol shoot me some pictures when you get it and he's in ready for duty

I'm working on 2 more of them right now for planes coming my way
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2012, 03:06 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,309 Posts
Will do!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2012, 03:24 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,573 Posts
Speaking of pilots, mine (courtesy of BM) will finally be making his maiden flight on my rebuilt mustang tmrw. Haven't flown in 3wks so im a bit nervous. No matter how many flights you've done or yrs of exp. its always nerve wrecking to maiden a plane. Ill try n vid it or at least let you guys know how it goes..
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Jul 20, 2012, 03:34 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,309 Posts
A neighbor asked me yesterday when he saw me bringing my planes home from a flight, "Do you still get nervous?" I said it didn't matter how many years I've been flying, or how good of a pilot I am...Every single time a plane you care about is off the ground, you're nervous until she's landed safely.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2012, 03:43 PM
fvi
Canada, ON
Joined Jul 2011
564 Posts
Quote:
A neighbor asked me yesterday when he saw me bringing my planes home from a flight, "Do you still get nervous?" I said it didn't matter how many years I've been flying, or how good of a pilot I am...Every single time a plane you care about is off the ground, you're nervous until she's landed safely.
Lol so true, I get the shakes every time. It's good to be a little nervous though that way you tend to be more careful.
fvi is offline Find More Posts by fvi
Old Jul 20, 2012, 04:14 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Amen to that!!!!!!....it's the same way for me too. It's usually 30 minutes or so after I get everything all set up at the field before I calm down and relaxe enough to take them to the runway and commit to the open skys. LOL but after that ....look out ...O' Boy & Yipeeee!!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:51 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,309 Posts
Fear keeps you (and your plane) alive!

(Well, sometimes, LOL!)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:56 PM
Tally Ho!
The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
4,132 Posts
We all probably get the shakes in some way or form when we fly. The joy of RC flight partly lays in that. It also lays in crashing and repairing as well as building.

Everyone crashes. Some more often than others. I think part of the shakes comes from people knowing that they paid a lot of money for a model and are putting it at some level of risk every time it flies...

KM
kusunokimasahige is offline Find More Posts by kusunokimasahige