SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 19, 2012, 05:29 PM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewytm View Post
From reading the message, it appears that the dealers are not ordering despite appeals from FMS to order the planes, not the other way as you mentioned. So, what is going on? I wish their English is better. Maybe if Raymond/Philip or the rest can post in Chinese, I will get my wife to do a proper explanation to me and I can post a proper translation in understandable English.

chewy
This has happened before. Nitro was handling the FMS line then they pulled the plug on them in favor of BH.

Mike
mike2663 is offline Find More Posts by mike2663
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2012, 05:35 PM
Tally Ho!
The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
4,143 Posts
Not nessecary anymore, situation cleared.
kusunokimasahige is online now Find More Posts by kusunokimasahige
Last edited by kusunokimasahige; Jul 20, 2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 05:46 PM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusunokimasahige View Post
While I understand what your after here I don't think the majority of the modelers even care. It will make for interesting reading though.

Mike
mike2663 is offline Find More Posts by mike2663
Old Jul 19, 2012, 05:53 PM
Tally Ho!
The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
4,143 Posts
Not necessary anymore, situation cleared.

KM
Last edited by kusunokimasahige; Jul 20, 2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:13 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,273 Posts
What has anything in the US got to do with FMS/China? If it is their decision then no other country gets a say anyway.
You better write some letters to China! LOL

Better would be to complain to FMS.... or even better, find out the real true story first.
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:17 PM
Tally Ho!
The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
4,143 Posts
International trade agreements preventing monopolies are also dealt with by the USITC,

Since BH is an American company it is clear who should be investigated, The Chinese will act when necessary and when the EU and US would decide to investigate. I have no contacts there at present.

KM
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:21 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,222 Posts
it's not a monopoly by any legal definition , it's an exclusive distributorship based on the willingness to invest in risk of MOQs based on a very trend sensitive consumer. Anyone of us in this thread who has funding , business savvy, rc knowledge and distribution sales ability can get FMS attention with the request and desire to be exclusive .
It's shocks me that everyone is up in arms when it's happening everyday all around you .
Powerful distributor control soda distribution, cake routes, chips , snacks ect .
Powerful retailers negotiate for " exclusive items " everyday of the week !
It's all around you , volume and willingness to take risk is eliminating choices and if you think this is how cost go up your wrong again. If volume drops so will the exclusivity just study the history of KMP and there loss of ESM planes once known to the world only as KMP and overseas as YT .
Study that money trail and you will see what happens when exclusive distributors take margin too high
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:22 PM
Tally Ho!
The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
4,143 Posts
Even a long shot is a shot LDM

KM
Old Jul 20, 2012, 02:47 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,347 Posts
I spoke to my contact from FMS tonight about the Banana Hobby/PW-RC/RC Castle issue and here is what I was told just minutes ago. (I have paraphrased due to some translation/grammar but this is the majority of the message)...

"We feel very suprised that people on the forums are saying that FMS won't sell to PW-RC and RC Castle, as we have been receiving emails about this issue. The truth is, PW-RC and RC Castle feel they are unable to order from us due to Banana Hobby's low prices. We have tried to persuade them, even offering a special price for them. We were told that their profit is too small to compare with the banana hobby price point.

We are very much willing to and would like to continue to do business with PW-RC and RC Castle without question. Why don't quite understand why they only wish to order spare parts from us. I will talk to them myself and hope we can come to an understanding. The forum community has misunderstood that we don't want PW-RC and RC Castle to sell our product but that is simply not true! Please help me to explain to our loyal customers on RCG that FMS would like to continue to sell to them very very much, as we are well aware of their wonderful history of customer service and support."
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2012, 02:57 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,273 Posts
Sounds more like what you would expect the true story would have been.....
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2012, 03:00 AM
Tally Ho!
The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
4,143 Posts
Thanks !!

That certainly clears things up !!

Km
Old Jul 20, 2012, 03:04 AM
Tally Ho!
The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
4,143 Posts
Doublepost sorry.

KM
Old Jul 20, 2012, 03:35 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
That sounds like what I expected.... Like I said earlier....it all boils to $$$$$
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Jul 20, 2012, 04:10 AM
Craig
Los Angeles, CA.
Joined Aug 2010
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
No Problem Todd,

I was told by Melody months ago not to use the V1 or V2 as they were found to be defective and that I was to wait for the new V3 as replacements. I still have that and all other emails saved.

If that is the case and thier is a fit problem, not origionaly mentioned...then I think we should also recieve the replacement wing fit mount to match the V3 retract as well to rectify that issue. seems like the honorable and simple solution to me, there can't be that much difference in the hole spacing or size? HMMMM?????

I have the Redtail P51, how can I tell what version of the plane I have? I bought the plane at the RCX show in Long Beach, was that around the time the latest version came out, or could BH have gave me such a great deal on the price because the plane was an older version?
brosho is offline Find More Posts by brosho
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:27 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,347 Posts
Here are some follow up points from FMS in regards to Banana Hobby...

• They feel that BH is a newer company that is still developing.
  • They feel that BH's suppliers of the past were a primary reason for their CS woes. With FMS on board, the quality of the product will vastly improve, creating much less QC issues which overwhelmed their CS staff.
  • The lack of quality from the former supplier product created an after-purchase paradigm which created an overload for CS and losing profits by trying to "plug the dam" of unhappy customers due to poor quality and bad parts.
  • With FMS working with BH, there should be much less problems with quality, hence creating a CS system that is effective due to not being overwhelmed by a high quantity of upset customers.
  • BH's top guy (no, not Pete who is just an employee albeit the "face" of the company) is very responsive, proactive and willing to listen to FMS' suggestions to improve their service. The new website and the coming huge FMS parts order is an example of this.
  • FMS is certain we all will see a huge improvement from BH in these coming months.
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member