HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 16, 2012, 04:55 PM
Joined May 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
1st get high enough to recover and deploy flaps, slowly reduce throttle zero and wait for it to stall. This is the slowest you can go before you stall.

I cant really give you an exact throttle %, because eveyones throttle can be setup differently. If I was you I would just practice your approaches a few times and judge you speed as you come in. You should start lossing altitude around 25%-30% throttle as I do, but again that also depends on your cg and elevator trim.

Its a hard question to answer exactly , but practice is the best. Here's my best advice...

Always keep a pinch of throttle on until right before touchdown or she'll drop n stall on landings.
Thanks for the quick response i'll just do alot of approaches then when i get comfortable i'll practice on touchand go's .

thanks again
verb408 is offline Find More Posts by verb408
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2012, 05:14 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,246 Posts
That canopy POV vid was sick! Outstanding! I would have thought the canopy would be more filmy/warped to take good video but that proves it can be done. Can't wait to get my new Frankie to try it out!

As for the maiden, always keep some throttle up on the landings...Like v8 said, the settings are different for everybody so practice your stall speeds 3 mistakes high. At first, you will want to fly her all the way to the ground. Eventually you will get good enough where you can chop the throttle and settle her in with a nice flare and 3-point landing, but in the meantime fly her all they way in under power and try to put her on her feet as gently as you can.

Give yourself ample runway for a longer landing roll out. Soon enough you will know how to reduce that roll out. Good luck!
Aros is online now Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 16, 2012, 05:30 PM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandancer View Post
Check with XHeli and see if they have what you're looking for.

Gary
Thanks Gary. They have the best selection that I have seen.

Aaron
Aaron Wallace is offline Find More Posts by Aaron Wallace
Old Jul 16, 2012, 05:40 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,321 Posts
Yup like Aroa said, once you get good you'll know when to chop thottle, Until then dont. I now chop the throttle but that's because I've learned my approach.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Jul 16, 2012, 06:12 PM
Tally Ho!
The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
3,970 Posts
Breaking news! Collings Foundation's A-36 Apache restoration complete. Debut at Oshkosh and then on display at Thunder Over Michigan.

kusunokimasahige is offline Find More Posts by kusunokimasahige
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:20 PM
Joined May 2012
43 Posts
Question on wing

So after looking at some redtail photos i noticed that most of them have a yellow section on the tail where the FMS version is black.

Is there a story behind it or is it suppose to be yellow?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:47 PM
Finally made a maiden flight!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2008
367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusunokimasahige View Post
Breaking news! Collings Foundation's A-36 Apache restoration complete. Debut at Oshkosh and then on display at Thunder Over Michigan.

Awesome!!!
alpinemike is offline Find More Posts by alpinemike
Old Jul 19, 2012, 01:32 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,585 Posts
I would like to take this time to pass along some disturbing info I received overnite from Phillip-PW/RC.

Hello Gary,

Yes, it is true, because a long story of my reason, it is related to Banana Hobby be a seller. I know not only me, some shops also stop ordering the planes.

The spare parts will be carry on until the situation was changed.

FMS very sincere invite me order the V7 P51, I have found no excuses reject them, I am original reject them in the first invitation, due to their sincere, I only ordered 20 pcs V7 P51, will I carry on the V7, it is no certain answer yet but sure the other planes form FMS would not be continue.

The FMS plane in my site is the old orders, once it ran out, it would no more.

I am enthusiasm evaporates to FMS products.

Thank you for your caring and support me.

Thanks again.

Philip

IMO FMS just took a BIG step backwards!

Gary
Sandancer is online now Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 19, 2012, 01:39 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,654 Posts
That is sad to hear. Phill and Raymond have been great. I agree and DON"T like what I'm hearing....but I knew this was coming....It's not over yet. This is partly why I have Backed way off....
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 19, 2012, 01:54 PM
Paws to refresh...
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
4,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
That is sad to hear. Phill and Raymond have been great. I agree and DON"T like what I'm hearing....but I knew this was coming....It's not over yet. This is partly why I have Backed way off....
Something in all this is very bitter feeling to me. I've rallied to support FMS in the past few months, even started allowing BH some respect as they put up some support for RCG and I purchased from them earlier this year with decent results, even started a thread for one of their planes.

I don't like it either when heavy handed business practices start showing and this appears to be that.
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82
Old Jul 19, 2012, 02:04 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnats82 View Post
Something in all this is very bitter feeling to me. I've rallied to support FMS in the past few months, even started allowing BH some respect as they put up some support for RCG and I purchased from them earlier this year with decent results, even started a thread for one of their planes.

I don't like it either when heavy handed business practices start showing and this appears to be that.
I understand, and did the same thing, as well as many others. I saw this coming a while back. it all boils down to $$$$$$
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 19, 2012, 04:04 PM
Joined May 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
I understand, and did the same thing, as well as many others. I saw this coming a while back. it all boils down to $$$$$$
It's not clear to me, What is going on?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 04:30 PM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
5,976 Posts
Apparently they lost the rights to sell FMS products.

Mike
mike2663 is online now Find More Posts by mike2663
Old Jul 19, 2012, 04:34 PM
Joined May 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2663 View Post

Mike
So BananaHobby is the only place to get fms planes now? in which i don't mind at all becaue i ordered a few things from them and i got it within 7 business days. Unlike Hobbyking where everything was in stock and it took longer than 7 business days for it to even ship out. I ended up canceling my order because to me it is unsat having it in stock and delaying shipping past 7 days and now i have to wait 2-3 weeks to get my refund.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 05:02 PM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
3,924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2663 View Post

Mike
From reading the message, it appears that the dealers are not ordering despite appeals from FMS to order the planes, not the other way as you mentioned. So, what is going on? I wish their English is better. Maybe if Raymond/Philip or the rest can post in Chinese, I will get my wife to do a proper explanation to me and I can post a proper translation in understandable English.

chewy
chewytm is online now Find More Posts by chewytm