HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:59 AM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
Soooooo, are they shipping a newly ordered P-51 with the beefier "version 2" retracts yet?
Brandon, I look forward to your flight report on the beefed up version 2s. Thanks!

Aaron
Aaron Wallace is offline Find More Posts by Aaron Wallace
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:54 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,313 Posts
My take is that the metal retracts from FMS will not be standard in their models until the next major version, so for this 1700 P-51 that would be V4.
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:12 AM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,761 Posts
Or, it might be more cost effective to leave them as an upgrade option and still supply the plastic retracts as standard.
dambit is online now Find More Posts by dambit
Old Jul 11, 2012, 03:29 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
In any case? I hope these they sent are better and do the job reliably? I think they will. I know clearly what I was told and what was promised. IMO all that has gone on and been said has been misleading and lacks some truth and Honor?. Something I personaly value,

I believe this is them...looks identical

http://pz-servos.en.made-in-china.co...PZ-15096-.html
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Jul 11, 2012 at 04:02 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:19 AM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Dec 2008
291 Posts
85 vs 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
When I originally did the mod I used 60-120 metal eflite retracts 90*, others used the 85*. Seems that they both work but one or the other needs to be shimed on opposite side depending which is degree retract is used. Now that more ppl have used em it seems 90* is the way to go.
Hey V8 - Just curious what difference it makes if both have to be shimmed? I have a brand new set of 85 waiting to be installed. I am past the return point. Thanks
Letsmakeadeal is offline Find More Posts by Letsmakeadeal
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:32 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,580 Posts
It really doesn't matter once shimmed, but the 85* will cause the wheels to sit deeper in the wheel bay . Where as the 90* won't and u b less likely to have bind issues. But the main thing is just the that the 85* have a slight bowe inwards vs the 90* bowe outwards. So if I was landing I would rather have a bowe out than in for the sake of a retract collapse, not that it'll happen. Either way both work great and u need not worry if you use em, just letting others know that 90* is a better fit if buying, although 87* is the ideal angle. Nehow your good with yours.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:31 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dambit View Post
Or, it might be more cost effective to leave them as an upgrade option and still supply the plastic retracts as standard.
That makes sense to me
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Jul 11, 2012, 07:25 PM
Hooked
Australia, QLD, Townsville
Joined Jul 2012
36 Posts
Hey Brandonmoon, Have been following this thread and your videos on Youtube with great interest. When the new V3 P-51 is released with the new plastic retratcts does this mean that the eflite retract mounting holes will not line up? In your video it shows that the mounting holes line up for the Eflites but that is with the holes for the original retract. Your videos have been a great help in understanding the problems. Keep up the great work.
PGenix is offline Find More Posts by PGenix
Old Jul 11, 2012, 08:32 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,705 Posts
Brandon mentioned the new heavier retracts are still with the same mounting holes a the originals.

You would hope that the FMS metal retracts, likely to be sold just as a part (option) will be "E-Flite like", but at a fair amount lower cost. (being FMS= cheaper stuff). And maybe even just as good.
And with a slim chance...... 87 degrees, seeing they are made for their planes.
Only time will tell, because it seems you can't trust 100% in anything stated (by manufacturer or suppliers), whether because of error, misinformation, lies or making things up.... so reliable facts won't be known until someone actually HAS the item themselves, to measure, test etc and report on more reliably!
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: SBEC's connected in parallel
Old Jul 11, 2012, 09:47 PM
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
Almost done with my multiplex connectors. Slow going as there is a lot of crimping to do! 60 Crimps per wing!!! I will post the wing side and the finished result by tomorrow night, possibly tonight.
Minimog is offline Find More Posts by Minimog
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:53 AM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
Nice!!

Aaron
Aaron Wallace is offline Find More Posts by Aaron Wallace
Old Jul 12, 2012, 02:07 AM
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
Finished wings. Checked and everything works as it should. I'll take a short video tomorrow and post it here.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:29 AM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimog View Post
Finished wings. Checked and everything works as it should. I'll take a short video tomorrow and post it here.
Looking good Antoni! Where did you find those triple row headers?

Gary
Sandancer is offline Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:35 AM
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandancer View Post
Looking good Antoni! Where did you find those triple row headers?

Gary
They are actually a 2X5 and a 1X5 put together. I put a tiny drop of ca to keep then together and then put the shrink tubing over it.
Last edited by Minimog; Jul 12, 2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:51 AM
Destin,Fl
Joined Nov 2002
559 Posts
You should consider making these up for sale!!!
cmk-2 is offline Find More Posts by cmk-2