to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2012, 12:03 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
So third as in not the B or C version?
correct, got another Frankie since I needed a set of replacement wings for mine here and when I called BH last week to ask about the replacement set they had...I was told they were V1 and not sure if the plastic retract mount was even included or the outer gear door fairing retract mounting piece.....which you can't seem to find as a replacement any where and I need a pair of them.

That Plastic piece that the retracts mount to is a very important part of the wing as far as rigidity goes I have found out....when it's out of the wing ...the wing is flimsy and twist pretty bad
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; May 28, 2012 at 12:30 AM.
Old May 28, 2012, 12:22 AM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
FMS contacted me a few weeks ago about the ""B" version Hatch mod I did and asked for Detailed HD photos and mentioned they will be doing something from this in the near future for a new release? I'm assumeing for the this 1700 Mustang with a different livery possibly?

.................................................. .................................................. .................
Hi Moon

Thanks for your patient to send me the version transfer trick. I thought your have give an inspiration what we will do in next time, great idea.

Thanks Moon

Austin
在2012-05-20,"Brandon Moon" <brandonmoon1@hotmail.com> 写道:
-----原始邮件-----
发件人: "Brandon Moon" <brandonmoon1@hotmail.com>
发送时间: 2012年5月20日 星期日
收件人: AustinYang <austinyang@fmsmodel.com>
主题: Re: Hatch D
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old May 28, 2012, 12:40 AM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,687 Posts
Cool. Get them to send you a free sample of what you inspired them to build.
dambit is online now Find More Posts by dambit
Old May 28, 2012, 12:50 AM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dambit View Post
Cool. Get them to send you a free sample of what you inspired them to build.
That would be nice. but they neglected to mention or offer that.
same thing for the P-47
RCG Plus Member
Old May 28, 2012, 02:31 AM
Paul B
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Dec 2009
352 Posts
Good work G.O.T.

Sounds just like mine. For even better sound try the "Spitfire 4" sound.

Regards

Paul

FMS P-51 Mustang 1700mm Benedini SoundSystem (1 min 33 sec)
Pannoch RC is offline Find More Posts by Pannoch RC
Old May 28, 2012, 06:17 AM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
That would be nice. but they neglected to mention or offer that.
same thing for the P-47
Don't wait for anyone to offer, just ask.
dambit is online now Find More Posts by dambit
Old May 28, 2012, 06:17 AM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
7,777 Posts
THat is fantastic , great job !!!
Is anyone selling a turn key system for dummies like me ?
I still have to laught when hearing these systems because back in the 80ties when eletric was not popular the main reason to even talk about eletric was reduce sound hahah .
However in the sprit of history I am very happy that eletric is not staying silent
Ldm is online now Find More Posts by Ldm
Old May 28, 2012, 03:50 PM
Paul B
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Dec 2009
352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm View Post
THat is fantastic , great job !!!
Is anyone selling a turn key system for dummies like me ?
I still have to laught when hearing these systems because back in the 80ties when eletric was not popular the main reason to even talk about eletric was reduce sound hahah .
However in the sprit of history I am very happy that eletric is not staying silent
I do for the smaller 1400 models but this one required some extra mods like bigger ESC / battery to handle the extra weight so it would be very expensive to sell as a complete system considering the extra upgrades. The system is easy to install so people could do it themselves. Just takes a bit of time but well worth it.

Paul
Pannoch RC is offline Find More Posts by Pannoch RC
Old May 28, 2012, 10:15 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Just wanted to remind everybody here that if you use coupon code "RCGROUPS" at Banana Hobbies you get 15% off but still pay the shipping. If you check that out on the larger orders like th 1700 mm war birds and etc. it's actually a better discount than the free shipping, you generally end up saving about an extra $5 or so....I just checked it.

However on the smaller orders under $200 or so it may not be as helpful and the free shipping may be a better option
RCG Plus Member
Old May 29, 2012, 11:24 AM
Joined May 2012
3 Posts
Hi everybody, i had take a look at all the thread, but with my "less than school english" i'm not sure to have the correct answer. Can i fly the p51 with 5S 5000 Mah Lipo (less flying possibilities i think) or i need a 6S ?

Tchüss from german switzerland
DavoCH is offline Find More Posts by DavoCH
Old May 29, 2012, 12:02 PM
Germany
Joined Nov 2010
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavoCH View Post
Hi everybody, i had take a look at all the thread, but with my "less than school english" i'm not sure to have the correct answer. Can i fly the p51 with 5S 5000 Mah Lipo (less flying possibilities i think) or i need a 6S ?

Tchüss from german switzerland
Hi Davo,

I wouldnt recommend flying the stock motor with 5s. With 6s the motor setup is almost perfect. If you want it even better, I would highly recommend the V8 Prop Mod, which gives you more speed.

Ich würde Dir auf jeden Fall empfehlen mit 6s zu fliegen. Mit 5s wäre die Mustang wirklich untermotorisiert. Ich habe auch noch den Propeller Mod von V8 gemacht (wird hier in diesem Thread beschrieben). Der erhöht die Steigung des Propellers nochmal und damit hast Du noch ein bißchen mehr Speed und der Vogel geht echt perfekt! Allerdings zieht er auch etwas mehr Ampere, ca. 91 A.

Grüzi in die Schwiiz aus Hamburg!
Minicocker is offline Find More Posts by Minicocker
Old May 29, 2012, 12:56 PM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pannoch RC View Post
Good work G.O.T.

Sounds just like mine. For even better sound try the "Spitfire 4" sound.

Regards

Paul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTlH6u_p4QQ
Thanks Paul! You are the one that inspired me to do this so thanks much! I will give the Spitfire 4 a go.
godofthunder77 is online now Find More Posts by godofthunder77
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by godofthunder77; May 29, 2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old May 29, 2012, 02:19 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Just received My Red Tails mustang a moment ago and noticed a difference from my Frankie I bought a while back. The Red Tails I just received has an Aluminum Main spar. Haven't check out the rest yet?, as I have to head off to work, but will check it all out tonight when I get home.....This plane looks as though it's been upgraded? My ferocious was a V2....so I'll see what the differences are tonight besides the already noted aluminum main spar joiner tube...Interesting?
RCG Plus Member
Old May 29, 2012, 02:33 PM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
Just received My Red Tails mustang a moment ago and noticed a difference from my Frankie I bought a while back. The Red Tails I just received has an Aluminum Main spar. Haven't check out the rest yet?, as I have to head off to work, but will check it all out tonight when I get home.....This plane looks as though it's been upgraded? My ferocious was a V2....so I'll see what the differences are tonight besides the already noted aluminum main spar joiner tube...Interesting?
Yes very interesting.......I wonder if there have been reports of the other spar not holding its own??????
godofthunder77 is online now Find More Posts by godofthunder77
RCG Plus Member