HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 27, 2012, 09:29 AM
Serenity Now!
O'Fallon, MO, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,325 Posts
hey guys....been away from this thread for a while and lost the bubble on the retract issue....

has anything been resolved yet? V3 any time soon?

still waiting to pull the trigger on this plane.
jbrundt is offline Find More Posts by jbrundt
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2012, 09:33 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
How much sound time do you get off of that battery you said you were useing? And what did your final UAW end up being? I loved the video
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old May 27, 2012, 09:35 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
I spent all night last night working on "Stuff" finished and ready to box now also worked a little on the canopy section for the new Mustang arriving on wednesday
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2012, 09:42 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrundt View Post
hey guys....been away from this thread for a while and lost the bubble on the retract issue....

has anything been resolved yet? V3 any time soon?

still waiting to pull the trigger on this plane.
New V2 Replacement retracts are supposed to be released to the vendors some time in mid to late June for those who had issues and requested replacements...as for them being in the New Planes already out there for sale? no word on that? my guess would be NO....untill they are all sold out.

So...any plane bought now and for a while I would think, will still have the older retracts in them
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2012, 09:51 AM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
How much sound time do you get off of that battery you said you were useing? And what did your final UAW end up being? I loved the video
Since it was my maiden I play on the safe side. My first flight with the flight battery I went 6:30 minutes and then checked the battery. Each cell was at 3.90V so by that reading, I could have went probably another 3 minutes with not being at full bore. Let me say one thing the V8 Prop mod really makes it kick but does consume a little bit more of the battery due to the increase in amps. Now for the sound battery, after my second flight using the same battery was at 4.00V on the 3S 2200MAH. The sound system does not consume that much so I am sure I could get at least 4 flights on one battery. Not bad I say.
godofthunder77 is offline Find More Posts by godofthunder77
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2012, 09:56 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder77 View Post
Since it was my maiden I play on the safe side. My first flight with the flight battery I went 6:30 minutes and then checked the battery. Each cell was at 3.90V so by that reading, I could have went probably another 3 minutes with not being at full bore. Let me say one thing the V8 Prop mod really makes it kick but does consume a little bit more of the battery due to the increase in amps. Now for the sound battery, after my second flight using the same battery was at 4.00V on the 3S 2200MAH. The sound system does not consume that much so I am sure I could get at least 4 flights on one battery. Not bad I say.
Yeah..that's not bad for the sound battery....I can live with that
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2012, 10:14 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,701 Posts
If I know u good BM, id bet money you got your mind thinking about that sound system now.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old May 27, 2012, 10:14 AM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
886 Posts
Lol
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2012, 10:19 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
If I know u good BM, id bet money you got your mind thinking about that sound system now.
yep!!!!...been thinking of it for a while....actually was going to do it a while back when I was doing the landing light mod.....but the cost $$$ made me decide not to and cancel the order I had in a while back.

Actually talked to Brian on the phone about it a while back when he was putting his in
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2012, 10:19 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,701 Posts
GOT,

Just n FYI if you hadn't followed the prop mod fully. You may need to chk n retighten the prop screw every once in awhile as they can tend to loosen a bit over time. They dont loosen a lot but enough for at least a 1/4 turn. Unless u put some CA then that'll help.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old May 27, 2012, 10:24 AM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
GOT,

Just n FYI if you hadn't followed the prop mod fully. You may need to chk n retighten the prop screw every once in awhile as they can tend to loosen a bit over time. They dont loosen a lot but enough for at least a 1/4 turn. Unless u put some CA then that'll help.
Thanks V8. I remeber that in a previous post and found a remedy for that so I dont have to check everytime. A little thread lock on the screw itself solved that but be really carefull not to get it on the plastic. Thread lock eats the plastic that the spinner is made from really bad. Just a tiny drop on the thread of the screw and that keeps it nice an tight. Thanks for the heads up though.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2012, 10:24 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,227 Posts
I guess then you would get a smaller sound battery and change one of those each flight too. To keep the weight down that bit more. 3S 800mAH or a bit lower.

In EDF's you just want the "jet combustion roar" sound. A CS12 will already provide the "turbine whoosh" part and is very quiet apart from that, so the jet roar sound should be fine. The fan noise is not really more than the big 4 blade props on these larger planes make.
But that is why I never got the Benedini.... "just" for a jet.

The $A is good value now.... so the Benedini is cheaper than ever. hehe. I can accept A$260 that it will cost for a whole setup. Hobby King hasn't had any for ages, and the price is not really better than direct from Thomas anyway.
The realism addition/sound is almost priceless. EDF's can inspire decent awe still just as they are, but an electric warbird.... not so awe inspiring, lol, so they really need the sound addition.
PeterVRC is online now Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - what NOT to buy !!!
Old May 27, 2012, 10:36 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
"stuff"

"Stuff" done .....and got 2 more on the way in a week....they will be "Tuskegee" pilots
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Jun 15, 2012 at 06:44 AM.
Old May 27, 2012, 12:02 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,340 Posts
That is so awesome!!
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2012, 12:15 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009