HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 26, 2012, 10:17 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,853 Posts
BM

Dang it those look sweet! Macareņa dance now... Hey macarena aye aye!
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2012, 10:23 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
BM

Dang it those look sweet! Macareņa dance now... Hey macarena aye aye!
Thank you!!!....I'm painting them now, and custom fitted them to fit the FMS 1700 Mustang or P-47 cockpit... and with a little flexing and tweeking will actually reach and hold the throttle handle with the left hand and I use a replaced custom made Joy stick for the right hand (I remove the stock throttle stick)

Hands can be poped off and repostiond if needed the seat need to be repositioned 1/4 to 1/2 inch higher than it comes stock
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old May 26, 2012, 10:26 PM
John 14 (NLT)
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Joined Jan 2011
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder77 View Post
Well guys here is the flight of the FMS-P-51 with Benedini Sounds Sysytem and the V8 Prop Mod! She Flew beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMC9mgkWk2c
Holy Smokes Thunder!!!!! I would like to see a list of your entire setup! That's freakin' awesome! Which sound bit did you use!?! What were your throttle points to change the sound? Are those stock retracts/struts? You should do a blog of the whole build if you haven't done so already. The guys at my field would love this!!!! Let me know when you want to sell this bird to fund your next project!!!
kellymacdaddio is offline Find More Posts by kellymacdaddio
Old May 26, 2012, 10:27 PM
John 14 (NLT)
Joined Jan 2011
59 Posts
Old May 26, 2012, 10:40 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,408 Posts
Awesome!!! SWEET!!!! (((happy dance)))
Aros is online now Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old May 26, 2012, 10:51 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
should be done with them tomarrow I think?, been up the last 16 hours working on getting them done
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2012, 12:26 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,853 Posts
Quote:
Well guys here is the flight of the FMS-P-51 with Benedini Sounds Sysytem and the V8 Prop Mod! She Flew beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMC9mgkWk2c
man that is sooo awesome! Want to do that also, man jeez that's gonna get me in trouble with the wifey.

Glad you liked the prop mod, she hauls doesn't she? You still gonna upgrade the motor?
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old May 27, 2012, 01:24 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,792 Posts
Hey G.O.T. ...
With the Benedini system.... I don't see the speaker(s), so where did you hide those! It is very loud, and usually that means the speakers are exposed, either in fuselage sides, or under the nose/wing area.
I just couldn't pick it/them in any part of the video.... so from that lack of info I can only guess - In the underbelly ariscoop? Not even outside the plane at all (would seem unlikely)? Underbelly behind the wing (sounds like the winner)?

Also, did you buy all their stuff (amp & speakers etc) or other ones that are around?
Maybe you could make a video showing it all and listing what you used and did? That would be great.
I have been humming and harring over the Benedini for 6 months now, but the buy decision mainly held up by not having a warbird large enough to be worth having it. I could use it in an EDF jet, but that didn't seem to enthuse me enough to buy it.
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2012, 01:26 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,792 Posts
DOH... blind!!
Well camoflauged on the sides.....
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2012, 07:41 AM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellymacdaddio View Post
Holy Smokes Thunder!!!!! I would like to see a list of your entire setup! That's freakin' awesome! Which sound bit did you use!?! What were your throttle points to change the sound? Are those stock retracts/struts? You should do a blog of the whole build if you haven't done so already. The guys at my field would love this!!!! Let me know when you want to sell this bird to fund your next project!!!
I will post the list shortly of the equipment. The throttle points is automatic. I just had to set the start point. The retracts are the eflite 60-120 85 degree retracts and the struts are stock. If I were to sell this bird it would be most likely around 1000 bucks with all the mods. I don't think right now I have the strength to do another anytime soon though or the funds. . Thank you for the comments.

Sorry forgot to add the sound bit. I used the Merlin 4 sound

Brian
godofthunder77 is offline Find More Posts by godofthunder77
Last edited by godofthunder77; May 27, 2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old May 27, 2012, 07:49 AM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
man that is sooo awesome! Want to do that also, man jeez that's gonna get me in trouble with the wifey.

Glad you liked the prop mod, she hauls doesn't she? You still gonna upgrade the motor?
Thanks V8 yes the prop mod makes a huge difference. I am going to stick with the stock motor. It did well. Thanks
Old May 27, 2012, 07:59 AM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
Hey G.O.T. ...
With the Benedini system.... I don't see the speaker(s), so where did you hide those! It is very loud, and usually that means the speakers are exposed, either in fuselage sides, or under the nose/wing area.
I just couldn't pick it/them in any part of the video.... so from that lack of info I can only guess - In the underbelly ariscoop? Not even outside the plane at all (would seem unlikely)? Underbelly behind the wing (sounds like the winner)?

Also, did you buy all their stuff (amp & speakers etc) or other ones that are around?
Maybe you could make a video showing it all and listing what you used and did? That would be great.
I have been humming and harring over the Benedini for 6 months now, but the buy decision mainly held up by not having a warbird large enough to be worth having it. I could use it in an EDF jet, but that didn't seem to enthuse me enough to buy it.
Hey Petervrc

I bought the benedini system from hobby king. All the parts came from there except the speakers. I bought the speakers from aerosound rc but you can buy the entire unit from them as well. It was just more cost effective to buy it from HK. The speakers are 2 3" speakers in the side of the fuselage and 1 4" speaker in the scoop. They do have turbine sounds for edfs but since the edfs are so loud already, I would not recommend putting it one of those. The sound of the motor and fan would just drown out the benedini sound.
Old May 27, 2012, 09:07 AM
John 14 (NLT)
Joined Jan 2011
59 Posts
Quote:
If I were to sell this bird it would be most likely around 1000 bucks with all the mods. I don't think right now I have the strength to do another anytime soon though or the funds. . Thank you for the comments.
Brian - I would totally buy this at that price!
Old May 27, 2012, 09:58 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
Brian, That Air Plane is worth every bit of at least $1200.00 if not $1500.00 counting all the hours you spent getting it ready and in the shape it in.

From What I figure you have about $900.00 it in just parts and equipment before RX and Batteries and any labor and time getting it together
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2012, 10:28 AM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
Brian, That Air Plane is worth every bit of at least $1200.00 if not $1500.00 counting all the hours you spent getting it ready and in the shape it in.

From What I figure you have about $900.00 it in just parts and equipment before RX and Batteries and any labor and time getting it together
Brandon,
You are correct. $1000 bucks was just a round about number. After all the extra electronics I put in, it would probably be close to your figures. I just dont't know if I am ready to sell just yet? Its maiden was yesterday with the sound system and I am ready to fly again. Just love the way it sounds in the air. I may sell come the off season. I have a guy in my club that loved it and wants me to put one in his piper cub. because of the sound system I pretty much had to upgrade damn near everything because of the extra weight and power consumtion.