HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 24, 2012, 02:30 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,654 Posts
Curt, that great Welcome to the Family

My new red tails will be here wednesday and I will be starting the new mod as soon as it arrives....already have been doing the detailing and canopy section the last few days in preperation for it's arrival. I will be converting it to a "C" model
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2012, 05:07 PM
Doctorfoamy on Youtube
United States, TX, Denton
Joined Sep 2011
176 Posts
Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsmakeadeal View Post
Glad to see you back. Please give us a report on the Vario and Hacker? Where is the field that jlkitz made his low pass video..Was it near Dallas? I would love to check it out
Thanks for the comments. Actually, the field is nothing too special - just a mowed lot that sits next to the Lantana Church where 407 makes a 90 degree turn from west to north. They mow it for soccer, but we use it as a quick place to go for a flight. Both Chad and I live 2 mins from this location... This is an evening pic of the field from my Radian. Note the power lines on the close end of the field. ...now you know why I pull up quickly after making a diving low pass!
jlkitz is offline Find More Posts by jlkitz
Last edited by jlkitz; May 24, 2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old May 24, 2012, 05:18 PM
Doctorfoamy on Youtube
Joined Sep 2011
176 Posts
Another

This one is taken with a GoPro 2 on top of my Diamond 2500 powered glider. I was trying for the non-fpv altitude record that day With experience landing the FMS 1700mm, I can now comfortably fly this field with even my largest plane. Full flaps and 20-30% power all the way down to 3 feet. Our flying field is at the bottom left and is split in two with a row of small trees down the middle. I use the far side for the downwind leg, then do a diving turn to the left to come straight down the middle of the closer field. Then....quickly back on the stick to hop over the power lines a-la "crop-duster" style..... Good training for an Ag-Cat.
Old May 24, 2012, 05:42 PM
Doctorfoamy on Youtube
Joined Sep 2011
176 Posts
Last

LMA-Deal: another field idea is the little club near Lake Dallas (city name on the west side of Lake Lewisville. These pics were taken with the Diamond 2500 shortly after I snapped a prop on my FMS 1700 Mustang due to the high grass. My fault for trying to fly on the day before the mowers came...and the long bermuda got me. The club is private, but seemed to be run by a nice group of guys. Thinking about applying for a membership that is awarded at the end of each year.

More than enough room to run the big P-51 - assuming that you can successfully perform a soft-field takeoff.
Old May 24, 2012, 08:12 PM
Corona, Ca.
Joined Apr 2007
207 Posts
Quick stupid question for those using the Castle 20amp pro bec. I'm pretty sure I've got it right but just want to double check. The bec has 2 output leads coming off of it. Are you guys using a Y harness to plug them both in to the batt/bind slot of the receiver? I only have a DX7 so I am not going to have an extra slot to plug the other lead in to. Did this make sense?
Thanks.
John
johnnymaxxima is offline Find More Posts by johnnymaxxima
Old May 24, 2012, 09:19 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Dec 2008
291 Posts
Great Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlkitz View Post
LMA-Deal: another field idea is the little club near Lake Dallas (city name on the west side of Lake Lewisville. These pics were taken with the Diamond 2500 shortly after I snapped a prop on my FMS 1700 Mustang due to the high grass. My fault for trying to fly on the day before the mowers came...and the long bermuda got me. The club is private, but seemed to be run by a nice group of guys. Thinking about applying for a membership that is awarded at the end of each year.

More than enough room to run the big P-51 - assuming that you can successfully perform a soft-field takeoff.

These flying sites look great. Even the one you guys fly at close to the Church looks beautiful. Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to have to get in the car and check these sites out. I just can't find a place inside the Loop that I feel comfortable flying. May check at White Rock Lake as well...I hear guys are flying some waterbirds over there...Thanks Again
Letsmakeadeal is offline Find More Posts by Letsmakeadeal
Old May 24, 2012, 09:26 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Dec 2008
291 Posts
Warbirds Over Texas

Just checking flying sites in the Dallas Area on the web and found this notice on the

WARBIRD EVENT IN NORTH TEXAS

JUNE 15,16 and 17 2012

Hosted by North Dallas R/C

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Xvip-RpNjKQ

I can't wait...Looks like fun!!
Letsmakeadeal is offline Find More Posts by Letsmakeadeal
Old May 24, 2012, 09:46 PM
United States, TX, Argyle
Joined Feb 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Just checking flying sites in the Dallas Area on the web and found this notice on the

WARBIRD EVENT IN NORTH TEXAS

JUNE 15,16 and 17 2012

Hosted by North Dallas R/C

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Xvip-RpNjKQ

I can't wait...Looks like fun!!
Yeah come see us I am a memeber out there it it was awesome last year and expected even bigger this year coming up! Chad
flightwing1 is offline Find More Posts by flightwing1
Old May 24, 2012, 09:47 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,242 Posts
Man I love my #16 HD keychain cam but I wish it had that fish-eye effect! Looks so cool!
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old May 24, 2012, 09:51 PM
Joined Feb 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler901 View Post
Nice work Chad! How big is your shop? I see tables with planes everywhere.

Todd
Hi Thanks, it is a dedicated over sized 3 car garage at my home. I do woodworking and airplanes. what you see is a CNC router some of the planes are on. I have like 14 planes hanging around there.
Chad
Old May 24, 2012, 09:54 PM
Joined Feb 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Glad to see you back. Please give us a report on the Vario and Hacker? Where is the field that jlkitz made his low pass video..Was it near Dallas? I would love to check it out
I have not put that motor in as of yet I have only flown it with the installed motor as of yet. I made it easy to interchange from original prop and motor or the Vario.
Old May 24, 2012, 09:55 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,242 Posts
Does anyone know if any of the GoPro's will work for these RC warbirds or are they too heavy and cumbersome?
RCG Plus Member
Old May 24, 2012, 11:57 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
Does anyone know if any of the GoPro's will work for these RC warbirds or are they too heavy and cumbersome?
IMO...it's too big, cumbersome, and heavy, but it will work on these birds....it's about 10 times the size of your Key chain cam that you and I have both been using.

I recomend you get this one ...due to it's size and value. This is the one I have been useing with a class 10 SD 32 Mb Mcro SDcard (I have 2 of them and think they are GREAT!!!)

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._5MP_CMOS.html
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Old May 25, 2012, 01:32 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,242 Posts
I will pick one of those up...I love the 120 degree wide angle HD effect! That's the one thing missing from my beloved key cam...No wide angle! Thanks for the link.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 25, 2012, 01:37 AM
Experienced but not an Expert
United States, WA, Enumclaw
Joined May 2011
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
IMO...it's too big, cumbersome, and heavy, but it will work on these birds....it's about 10 times the size of your Key chain cam that you and I have both been using.

I recomend you get this one ...due to it's size and value. This is the one I have been useing with a class 10 SD 32 Mb Mcro SDcard (I have 2 of them and think they are GREAT!!!)

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._5MP_CMOS.html
Thanks for posting that link, I put one on my hobbyking wish list, I will have to get a couple of them I think. Then I could get multiple angles on the same flight.
seahawk1984 is offline Find More Posts by seahawk1984