HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2012, 02:23 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,402 Posts
Yeah, a great landing and a beautiful flying field too! Great scenery.
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2012, 09:10 PM
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,608 Posts
Cool pics
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=766283
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old May 23, 2012, 09:40 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,308 Posts
How cool is this? Taken from FMS' Facebook page...

"On behalf of myself, my grandfather George Watson Sr, and Dr. Roscoe Brown. We would like to thank FMS, Blitz RC Works and Bananahobby for producing this beautiful model and getting one to me in time for my grandfathers Tuskegee Airmen display at the McGuire AFB Airshow. I also had the honor of bringing the model up to Dr. Roscoe Brown in NYC so that he could autograph it. Thank you my great friends for the great plane."
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old May 23, 2012, 09:47 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,525 Posts
Man that is awesome! No one deserves this plane more than Dr. Brown. Great pics. Made my day seeing this fine pilot smile and bring back great memories to him.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old May 23, 2012, 10:02 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,402 Posts
Yeah, fantastic! A real tribute to them!
Touching.....
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old May 23, 2012, 10:07 PM
United States, TX, Argyle
Joined Feb 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
Here is some nice Red Tails Photos

Looks like I may do a "C" version "Red Tails" and modify the Livery up just a bit
Not a B version and a few details not quiet up to scale but I like it. I know you will trick yours out all the way.
Chad
flightwing1 is offline Find More Posts by flightwing1
Old May 23, 2012, 10:08 PM
United States, TX, Argyle
Joined Feb 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightwing1 View Post
Not a B version and a few details not quiet up to scale but I like it. I know you will trick yours out all the way.
Chad
With the Red spinner
flightwing1 is offline Find More Posts by flightwing1
Old May 23, 2012, 10:28 PM
USA, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Jun 2007
1,230 Posts
Nice work Chad! How big is your shop? I see tables with planes everywhere.

Todd
Prowler901 is offline Find More Posts by Prowler901
Old May 23, 2012, 10:30 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
That is sweet looking. Fantastic job
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old May 23, 2012, 10:54 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Dec 2008
291 Posts
Hi Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightwing1 View Post
With the Red spinner
Glad to see you back. Please give us a report on the Vario and Hacker? Where is the field that jlkitz made his low pass video..Was it near Dallas? I would love to check it out
Letsmakeadeal is offline Find More Posts by Letsmakeadeal
Old May 24, 2012, 05:24 AM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
How cool is this? Taken from FMS' Facebook page...

"On behalf of myself, my grandfather George Watson Sr, and Dr. Roscoe Brown. We would like to thank FMS, Blitz RC Works and Bananahobby for producing this beautiful model and getting one to me in time for my grandfathers Tuskegee Airmen display at the McGuire AFB Airshow. I also had the honor of bringing the model up to Dr. Roscoe Brown in NYC so that he could autograph it. Thank you my great friends for the great plane."
That is absolutely OUTSTANDING and with HONOR....That makes me Proud to be A VET. And my deepest Regurads to that Gentelmen... I Salute you!

Outstanding Airmen and Defenders of Freedom
RCG Plus Member
Old May 24, 2012, 05:55 AM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Well I did some more repair attempts to my Mustang tonight and was working on straightening out the Struts...at first I just thought it was the 5 mm joining post that joins the strut to the Retract unit that was bent, but it actually turns out the the Strut it self is bent...WOW!!! both of them

The 5 mm joiner piece is actually fine and straight...That means I will also need new struts...
RCG Plus Member
Old May 24, 2012, 06:33 AM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Mar 2007
3,009 Posts
I bent one of my struts the other day. Bent it so bad the plastic fake strut seperated & popped off.
ColoradoHeliNut is offline Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut
Old May 24, 2012, 06:36 AM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHeliNut View Post
I bent one of my struts the other day. Bent it so bad the plastic fake strut seperated & popped off.
Wow!!... mine too. It actually bent the tube part of the strut that the spring is housed in. The slot they cut in it for the Grub screw to act as a stop ....weakens it, so when bends ...it's going to bend there
RCG Plus Member
Old May 24, 2012, 02:25 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Dec 2002
142 Posts
Well, my Red Tails came yesterday and I am just now getting to look things over. Packaging was very good and no shipping damage... not even any flap trailing edge damage. The main retracts have the wire cut where it came out of the trunion housing, so I'm assuming this is a V2 since there are no small switches mounted in the gear wells. I did extend the mains with no problems after using a servo tester and 4.8 volt pack. I uncoupled each main retract and inner door from the multi connector and plugged them in manually. I intend to replace the mains with eFlite 60-120 retract units and will follow Brandon's excellent replacement method. However, the 5mm metal stud that is in the trunion base, needed to insert into the main gear strut is impossible to get out so I will probably just cut another piece from the struts that came with the eFlite units.

I noticed that the inner gear door servos do not have enough travel to completely close the door; it appears that the factory simply pushed them closed for shipping. No matter how I adjust the servo arm and small pushrod, I cannot get the gears to extend and close fully. I think a longer servo arm would do the trick.

My pilot was loose in the canopy, so I'll have to get the canopy off the frame but that's OK as I plan to work on it a bit.

All-in-all, the model arrived in great shape and the mains seem to be working perfectly, but I know from all of the posts here that it's just a matter of time, so I might as well just replace them and be done with it.

Curt
curtusua is offline Find More Posts by curtusua