HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 20, 2012, 05:31 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Dec 2008
291 Posts
@ Brandon - Man what a day

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
Dont feel bad...I was just landing mine and some butt wipe flying his cut into my landing path while I was a foot off the ground and crossed my plane and caused me to dork mine in ......broke the wings...wheel struts.....dorked it up pretty bad. Ill know more when i get it home. I will hold off on the maiden of the p47 today.....too many idiots at the field today. I also lost the ledt landing gear on my LX corsair....gears striped on landing and the tail wheel colapsed....but the plane is ok....

What a crapy day for all of us......must be some bad taboo floating arround.
Condolences Brandon - It has been a kind of suck weekend all the way around RC wise. My Corsair is down and it has never been up! RC Demons are out in full force.
Letsmakeadeal is offline Find More Posts by Letsmakeadeal
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2012, 06:08 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,572 Posts
Quote:
Dont feel bad...I was just landing mine and some butt wipe flying his cut into my landing path while I was a foot off the ground and crossed my plane and caused me to dork mine in ......broke the wings...wheel struts.....dorked it up pretty bad.

Ill know more when i get it home. I will hold off on the maiden of the p47 today.....too many idiots at the field today.

I also lost the ledt landing gear on my LX corsair....gears striped on landing and the tail wheel colapsed....but the plane is ok....

What a crapy day for all of us......must be some bad taboo floating arround.
BM

Funny u say that on 2nd euro fighter flight I had a main gear hang up, but I was about 4' off the ground and landing when I noticed it. I was pretty low on battery (my fault) so didn't want to risk another go around as I usually do a flyby to check all gears before I land. So I held her right wing up as much as possible while trying to raise the AoA and slow her down. It was a perfect landing as she touched down on her 2 working gears and slowly dropped sown on her right wing. All I can say is, add wing skids on your wing tip. It took off about 1/4" of the skid from grinding on pavement, but saved some major rash. Any how after that flight was the fateful ending to my p51. That why I packed up and left the field. I'm sooo tempes to head back out again n fly, but im fighting it. Man 3wks off from flying took its toll. From now on im flying once a wk. no matter what.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old May 20, 2012, 06:11 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,309 Posts
And it's been a rain-soaked Sunday here in the Pacific Northwest...Man, just a lame day all around!
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2012, 06:26 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,572 Posts
Yes it has been, here's the theme song of today.

U2 Sunday Bloody Sunday - Music Video HD Lyrics (4 min 38 sec)

BM ,

Sorry about your lose. I hurts more to see your lost after all the time u spent on getting her done. Our p51s will fly again!
Last edited by v8truckin; May 20, 2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old May 20, 2012, 07:43 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,309 Posts
Amen!
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2012, 08:10 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Yes they will!!! along with my new one ....Working on repairs as we speak also UP Loading video to You tube now of the one that everybody want to see
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old May 20, 2012, 08:53 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnick2k8 View Post
Sorry to hear Brandon... Its always hard to have this happen and I think most of us have had someone do this to us...

I was out at my old club a few months ago just visiting with the guys since I always fly right across the street now at the new park they put in and while I was standing behind the safety fences I had a foam Habu edf wing tip touch the back of my ear at what had to easily be 80mph and it crashed and disintegrated into a wood table right next to us... It scared the life out of us and everyone around us and actually touched my ear...

That was way too close for me then this old old guy like 212 years old comes hobbling over cussing at us that we caused him to crash because he couldn't see the runway... I yelled at him that he probably couldn't have seen the runway since the early 1940's as old as he was...

I drove home thanking Heaven I have my four 1000'x400' flying fields right across the street where no one ever flies... Sorry about your crash you'll probably have her good as new by the time our new gear arrives...
bnick
Yeah...Looks like I'm going to have to dig in the the box of tricks and Get Er' Fixed and weave some of my magic on her. Though both wings are pretty messed up?
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2012, 08:55 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
V8 what the He!! happened????...looked like and Aileron roll right over on her back and nose.....OUCH!!!!.....I'm Hurting inside after seeing that....Is it repairable?
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2012, 09:09 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
This will be the new Pilot I will be useing for my next Mustang. Just have to make his Gloves and paint him up. He wont have shoes since they dont show.

Todd, this is the pilot I told you about that I was going to send for your photo shoot day with the P-47
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Jun 15, 2012 at 06:44 AM.
Old May 20, 2012, 09:14 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,572 Posts
BM,

U gonna repair your Frankie or ditch it and just do your new red tail?
Old May 20, 2012, 09:18 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,309 Posts
nice!
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2012, 09:22 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,572 Posts
Quote:
V8 what the He!! happened????...looked like and Aileron roll right over on her back and nose.....OUCH!!!!.....I'm Hurting inside after seeing that....Is it repairable?
Thats what I thought at 1st that it was an aileron roll, but I gave it a once over and that doesn't seem to be the case. All my control surfaces are where they should be... Except the elevator is pitched up more than it should be @ its neutral position. She lifted of the ground with no control input from me what so ever and seemed like the elevator caused her to want to lift off prematurely and go into a flip or roll. That's the only thing i can think of im clueless?

Fuselage is more than likely toast as the front end is smashed and split in half at the wings leading edge. So im just gonna have to get a new fuselage.
Old May 20, 2012, 09:27 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,309 Posts
Man that sucks!
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2012, 09:30 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
BM,

U gonna repair your Frankie or ditch it and just do your new red tail?
LOL....I'm going to do Both.....Repair and weave magic on it and do a new one too
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2012, 09:44 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
My New Red Tails is on it's way
RCG Plus Member