SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 04, 2012, 08:22 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,407 Posts
There's a secret with BH support. Email is NOT the way to go. As you are discovering, it's virtually non-existent. Their online chat support is (was?) equally worthless. The only way to get anything accomplished is calling them directly. You may have to wait 30 minutes until you get to speak to anyone (and rack up that phone bill a bit) but once you get someone they almost always take care of your issue(s).
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2012, 08:25 PM
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Jan 2011
335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDPilot View Post
It'll be a week tomorrow since I sent BH an email regarding my burnt up main retract and I haven't heard anything from them. That isn't even bad customer service, that's NO customer service! Rediculous. The good news is that my E-flites arrived yesterday so I can get this bird in the air soon.
A week?! A week?!

lol, my friend just last week got satisfaction for a BH Skyraider who's left retract CASE crumbled on the first landing. That was a first. Then he decided to fly it stiff leg and the elevator separated in flight and the whole plane was destroyed. He jumped through all BH's hoops; took and emailed pictures, sent the airframe and electronics back, a hundred emails, and finally got a refund. This all happened in January. In February he got an email from BH stating; Yes the product was defective and he deserved a refund. Like I said, the refund happened last week.

lol, hunker down ND!!
Demsey is offline Find More Posts by Demsey
Old May 04, 2012, 09:49 PM
Destin,Fl
Joined Nov 2002
596 Posts
Okay I guess I missed the post. What Eflights are you using and is there a link?
cmk-2 is online now Find More Posts by cmk-2
Old May 04, 2012, 09:57 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,407 Posts
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...ProdID=EFLG400
RCG Plus Member
Old May 04, 2012, 11:15 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
Quote:
It'll be a week tomorrow since I sent BH an email regarding my burnt up main retract and I haven't heard anything from them. That isn't even bad customer service, that's NO customer service! Rediculous. The good news is that my E-flites arrived yesterday so I can get this bird in the air soon.
I feel your pain .....been there, done that, not going back.
brandonmoon is online now Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old May 05, 2012, 12:08 PM
Fargo, North Dakota
Joined Feb 2011
48 Posts
Ya, I'm moving forward with the E-flite retracts and not waiting on BH's CS. The thing is that I will likely buy the 1700mm P-47 and the F-4U once it comes out too but now where should I order them from... Hmmm. Philip? I wish there was there was another US supplier or that NP carried them.
NDPilot is offline Find More Posts by NDPilot
Old May 05, 2012, 02:45 PM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
Lol....Oh Boy....Pete is not the problem, it's the CS staff (Alex excluded)
I know just messin around
godofthunder77 is offline Find More Posts by godofthunder77
Old May 06, 2012, 08:17 AM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Mar 2007
3,034 Posts
Quote:
Ya, I'm moving forward with the E-flite retracts and not waiting on BH's CS. The thing is that I will likely buy the 1700mm P-47 and the F-4U once it comes out too but now where should I order them from... Hmmm. Philip? I wish there was there was another US supplier or that NP carried them.

You mean BH. Not NP> they are out of the picture now.
ColoradoHeliNut is offline Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut
Old May 06, 2012, 08:53 AM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
4,056 Posts
I think he meant that he still wishes they carried them.
dambit is offline Find More Posts by dambit
Old May 06, 2012, 09:07 AM
Don't give in to gravity
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Dec 2009
1,969 Posts
opps wrong thread
Gravitycheat is online now Find More Posts by Gravitycheat
Old May 06, 2012, 06:50 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,407 Posts
One of my retracts failed to open today so I had to belly land her. Broke a prop, that was about it. Of course as soon as she was on the ground the retracts worked just fine.

RCG Plus Member
Old May 06, 2012, 07:34 PM
Experienced but not an Expert
United States, WA, Enumclaw
Joined May 2011
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
One of my retracts failed to open today so I had to belly land her. Broke a prop, that was about it. Of course as soon as she was on the ground the retracts worked just fine.

Damn, sorry to hear about that. I'm still having issues with my Starmax Mustang. The motor made the screeching sound again yesterday when I tested it on the bench prior to takeoff yesterday, so I didn't fly it. Did a little more research on it again today, and tore the motor apart to inspect it for loose magnets. Discovered that it's a 12 pole motor (motor has absolutely no markings on it at all), so I'm going to set the ESC timing to High and see how that works tomorrow. Currently my ESC is set for medium (manual says that's for 6 pole motors), so tomorrow at the field I'll bump ESC up to High, and see if I can duplicate the problem on the table there, and if I can't then I'll get her in the air.
seahawk1984 is offline Find More Posts by seahawk1984
Old May 06, 2012, 08:44 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,407 Posts
Wow Wayne, sorry to hear about that. What's strange is I am certain I never had to touch the ESC when I got my Starmax out of the box. Does anyone else know about the need to adjust the ESC's timing?
RCG Plus Member
Old May 07, 2012, 10:51 AM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post

Eflites Todd, Eflites!

I just put them on mine and they are fantastic.
godofthunder77 is offline Find More Posts by godofthunder77
Old May 07, 2012, 11:00 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
Yep...E-Flites, and they're working great....I hope I don't have to do them for the P-47, but I'm afraid I will. FMS Needs to get cracking on the new stronger and more reliable retracts they prommised. I'm sure folks patience are wearing thin...Iknow mine is starting to...I don't like having to shell out additional money for retracts from someone else that I've already paid for in the price of the plane

I've already got mine on order for the Jug in regrets of the expected failure of these...I sure hope they don't, but we'll see? In any case I'm going to be prepared for a quick change out if they do
brandonmoon is online now Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona