HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:32 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin y View Post
Thanks Moon!
When will the New replacement retracts for the 1700 P-51 that are you all are making be sent out to all of us who wrote in earlier about? I sent you guys several videos and pictures and am eagerly waiting to recieve mine...I lost 2 complete sets of the due to smoked Controll boards. Any new word on those and when we'll be recieving them? most of us here would rather you guys sent them to un directly instead of through the vendors like BH?
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:04 AM
A&P
Arlo W.
Chandler, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
110 Posts
Quote:
My landing gear went out today after all of 3 flights
Do I contact FMS or BH?
I sent emails to FMS and BH and never got a response from ether!
A&P is offline Find More Posts by A&P
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:11 AM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&P View Post
I sent emails to FMS and BH and never got a response from ether!
Wow! that's odd...FMS contacted me back within 24 hrs.Might try writing them again Every time I've written they are quick to respond
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:12 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,532 Posts
Me either. I know im not using the stock retracts, but I would still like em replaced as I spent $150 for eflite retracts.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:15 AM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Me either. I know im not using the stock retracts, but I would still like em replaced as I spent $150 for eflite retracts.
I agree with you there....Me too
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:17 AM
A&P
Arlo W.
Chandler, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
110 Posts
I never expected an email back from BH, but not getting one from FMS was really disappointing. Especially with the pending release of the 79" B-25 I've been waiting for.
Last edited by A&P; Apr 29, 2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Hmmm? I haven't heard back from the lately either?

Well I just cancelled my order for the 2nd mustang (Red Tails) due to the retract problems...I've decided to wait till I see the new replacement's they have promised. Then I may re-order, after I'm assured it will have the new replacement retracts in it.

A&P ...keep after them...they will respond. I feel your pain. It's frustrating to have a nice plane go down for something as trivial as burnt retract issues....It's the only weak link in this plane at need serious improving on ....and It's my understanding they are working on it as we speak.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:15 PM
La Habra, California
Joined May 2004
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&P View Post
I never expected an email back from BH, but not getting one from FMS was really disappointing. Especially with the pending release of the 79" B-25 I've been waiting for.
Don't worry. The B-25 is made by LX and they never answer my E-mails so you shoudn't be disappointed.
paracanary is offline Find More Posts by paracanary
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:18 PM
A&P
Arlo W.
Chandler, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
110 Posts
My bad. I thought it was made by FMS.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:33 PM
Portland, Oregon
Joined Aug 2008
1,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin y View Post
Hi all, this is Austin from FMSmodel, we just creat a facebook account, if you guys are interested in our latest new model, plesae join us at http://www.facebook.com/pages/FMS-Model/434689396557695. We FMS team will devote our best to service you! BTW, we are trying to get 1000 like at facebook in May, if that come ture, we will take 5 fans in our facebook randomly and send them a nice 1400mm warbirds in Early June! Pelase don't wait anymore, just join us at facebook to get the latest news!Attachment 4821456
I joined too and great looking Wall page FMS...
bnick
bnick2k8 is offline Find More Posts by bnick2k8
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:24 PM
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,631 Posts
BH is at the RCX show so I think there place is closed for the weekend. I noticed the Red Tail that BH has, Has no micro switches for the gear
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Apr 29, 2012, 04:05 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Dec 2008
291 Posts
Unveiling of the FMS 1700mm "American Beauty"

Well I have been at this for quite a long while now. I am close enough to go ahead and show you guys what I've been up to. Still have some minor painting to do as in the flap channels plus some vinyl to apply along with touch up and overspay to clean up. I have learned a lot over the last few months while working on this project which I will share in later posts. Painting a foam plane like this is quite a roller coaster ride!
Letsmakeadeal is offline Find More Posts by Letsmakeadeal
Last edited by Letsmakeadeal; Apr 29, 2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 04:36 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,532 Posts
Wow! Nice work, her name fit her perfect as she is a "Beauty".
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Apr 29, 2012, 04:45 PM
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsmakeadeal View Post
Well I have been at this for quite a long while now. I am close enough to go ahead and show you guys what I've been up to. Still have some minor painting to do as in the flap channels plus some vinyl to apply along with touch up and overspay to clean up. I have learned a lot over the last few months while working on this project which I will share in later posts. Painting a foam plane like this is quite a rollar coaster ride!
Awesome paint job
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:53 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,308 Posts
Very well done! Fantastic job! Do share the details when you can. Really great work.
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member