Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:48 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
Here's today's video...I have another one publishing...Backwards view...Kinda cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TznL4hek9HU
Nicely Done...I loved it!...good looking bird, and very graceful flight
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:51 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,308 Posts
Thanks bnick! I will be sure to tell him that. He's a great guy and very kind to offer his camera for me. We are having a lot of fun filming/editing together.

Here's my second video...The final flight...This one is just me and my keychain cam, facing backwards...I like it!

FMS 1700MM P-51D Mustang, A Different View... (4 min 27 sec)
Aros is online now Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:58 AM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Thanks bnick! I will be sure to tell him that. He's a great guy and very kind to offer his camera for me. We are having a lot of fun filming/editing together.

Here's my second video...The final flight...This one is just me and my keychain cam, facing backwards...I like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDaV53ZEKe8
Another good one....I agree that a cool view.

I fixing to do one with the tail cam about 3 ft on a CF rod from behindt the tail and 3 other Cameras at different angles and at different locations on her as well....she will also have 2 smoke pods on her that I'm going to ignite and film the trail

E-flites my friend...it's the way to go...I love'm

scale working landing lights are done.....MAN!!! are they bright, completely day light visible, looks great on final approach
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:34 AM
Experienced but not an Expert
United States, WA, Enumclaw
Joined May 2011
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnick2k8 View Post
Aros...

Very nice video and great music too... You can be proud of her she looks really nice... Also your buddy Wayne did you justice with that great camera work... He really kept her centered and had great smooth non-jerky panning... This is a classic video at this point I'd say and she really represents what this bird is all about...

I flew all day today with a whole bunch of buddies down here in Portland and we had a perfectly calm blue day for our 3D birds and CP Heli's and no one crashed which always makes for a good day...

Have a great weekend...
bnick
Thanks for the nice compliment, I am Wayne, and I am just using a sony cybershot camera to film his flights. I do what I can to keep camera zoomed in on the model, and trying to keep model in frame can be tough when you're looking on the small view screen. But Aros does a great job with the editing as well, he edits the bad spots out of the ground footage with the in flight video footage, so it really looks good when it's all together. I would love to get one of those SLR digital cameras, would make it so much easier for filming the flights.

Thanks again for the compliment.
seahawk1984 is offline Find More Posts by seahawk1984
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:37 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,308 Posts
Wayne, can you imagine the damage we could do with some GoPros?
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:42 AM
Experienced but not an Expert
United States, WA, Enumclaw
Joined May 2011
394 Posts
Quote:
Wayne, can you imagine the damage we could do with some GoPros?
You had to mention GoPro, wife is going to kill me tomorrow when I ask her about getting one! Thanks buddy! LOL
seahawk1984 is offline Find More Posts by seahawk1984
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:43 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,308 Posts
LOL...I hear that man...I'm still shocked my wife hasn't dumped me by now.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:44 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,308 Posts
http://gopro.com/ Not that I'm being a devil on your shoulder or anything... <<smirk>>
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 15, 2012, 02:01 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,308 Posts
Here's a few pics my buddy Wayne took on that first video...
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 15, 2012, 02:03 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,530 Posts
Nice landing from what I can tell. I can't seem to get her to track straight after touchdown like u did. As soon as she gets all 3 wheels down she doing a 180* and then stopping. I'd say about 75% of the time thats what's happening. Wonder if I need to try and keep the tail up a lil after touchdown...?
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Apr 15, 2012, 02:07 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Nice landing from what I can tell. I can't seem to get her to track straight after touchdown like u did. As soon as she gets all 3 wheels down she doing a 180* and then stopping. I'd say about 75% of the time thats what's happening. Wonder if I need to try and keep the tail up a lil after touchdown...?
That was a bit of luck. Watch closely and you will see that I nearly tipped her on her nose. I was able to pull up elevator and switch to high rates right when she almost nosed over which allowed me max elevator to crank that nose high and saved the landing. Like the F/A-18 advice you gave me, I don't have a ton of rudder so she tracks pretty straight on landing.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 15, 2012, 02:09 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,983 Posts
Quote:
Here's a few pics my buddy Wayne took on that first video...
Very nice! Love the red-tail. It's so great having a Mustang ARF with a 4-blader. You can see it's a 4 blade prop in every one of your pics except the first and it makes such a difference!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Apr 15, 2012, 02:13 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Very nice! Love the red-tail. It's so great having a Mustang ARF with a 4-blader. You can see it's a 4 blade prop in every one of your pics except the first and it makes such a difference!
Thank you and I agree, I love the 4-blade! I have always said that I would sacrifice top speed for the looks and sound of a 4-blade ANY day over a 2-blade.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 15, 2012, 02:18 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,530 Posts
Aros,

U still running the prop mod if so what size battery u using again? And how many mah are u putting back into it after recharge. Just trying to c if flight times our flight times are similar...
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Apr 15, 2012, 02:21 AM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Gota Say....this one NICE Plane. and FMS did a good job one her.... I would definately like to see them do the STUKA in this size....that is another fantastic fun plane to fly
RCG Plus Member