SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by SpartanExec, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2011, 02:03 PM
Asheville, NC
Joined Mar 2009
282 Posts
Nice looking plane. Also noticed the Spec Miata. I've been racing with the SCCA since '95, and just started RC last year. My learning curve with the RC planes has been slower than my racing was.

Which do you find harder to do??

I saw you're from Oregon. Do you know Joe Harlan?

Mark
Scirocco14 is offline Find More Posts by Scirocco14
Old Sep 06, 2011, 02:30 PM
Extreme Flight Minion
United States, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Nov 2010
556 Posts
What a small world!! My dad and I race spec miata up here in the NW region for the past 5 years or so, I know Joe! I used to work at guitar center and sell him music gear as well. You may have heard of my dad, Will Schrader, he's one of the big boys over here on the west coast, at least in my mind :] I find flying planes to be more nerve wracking, in the car you just get in a groove and go, you know? I think we have 5 SM's in between our upstairs garage and shop downstairs, I'll take a pic and post it later :]
SpartanExec is offline Find More Posts by SpartanExec
Old Sep 06, 2011, 04:32 PM
Asheville, NC
Joined Mar 2009
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanExec View Post
What a small world!! My dad and I race spec miata up here in the NW region for the past 5 years or so, I know Joe! I used to work at guitar center and sell him music gear as well. You may have heard of my dad, Will Schrader, he's one of the big boys over here on the west coast, at least in my mind :] I find flying planes to be more nerve wracking, in the car you just get in a groove and go, you know? I think we have 5 SM's in between our upstairs garage and shop downstairs, I'll take a pic and post it later :]
Yeah, it's a small world. There are few racers I know that are also into RC. I've been to the Runoffs a bunch of times and know Joe from there and the websites we both frequent. Plus we both own Datsun Roadsters. He's a nice guy.

5 SMs? Wow, you guys ARE serious!!!

I guess since I've been around racing all my life (my dad was racing stock cars in the 60s and SCCA since the 70s) it sort of is 2nd nature to me. Flying RC planes IS a lot more nerve racking!!

Have fun with the Yak!

Attached is a pic of my Scirocco that I race.

Mark
Scirocco14 is offline Find More Posts by Scirocco14
Last edited by Scirocco14; Sep 09, 2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:39 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,950 Posts
Congrats, she's a beauty. I like the flair you put in it. You probably got over 40 pieces of flair in her.
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:06 PM
Extreme Flight Minion
United States, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Nov 2010
556 Posts
Someone has to make up for all your spinnerless babies!
SpartanExec is offline Find More Posts by SpartanExec
Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:56 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,950 Posts
Anytime you need one buddy I got you covered, I got a whole drawer full of 'em. And SFGS too.
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun