Love the R3. Want to get one soon
kahloq is offline Find More Posts by kahloq
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:00 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,532 Posts
Took the R3 out again on Saturday for the first time in a good while. My new Lipos arrived and I wanted to see if upping from 30c to 45c and slightly lighter make any difference. Whist there was a fair bit of wind around and it was far from smooth air I did see some noticeable difference in up lines prior to rolling inverted to compete a slit S that looks so magestic with the aircraft. WOT passes it was hard to notice tbh but it did mean I could cruise at 60-70% and got around 7 minutes without issue. Still put 33% back in the pack on Sunday. Love this plane. Still gotta sort out the tailwheel ! Now up to 20 flights and I also downed the Expo to 15% of ailerons but upped the expo to 40% on elevator and it seems to suit both the plane and my flying style.
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Feb 07, 2013, 09:36 AM
United States, NJ, Toms River
Joined Oct 2010
124 Posts
I guess this thread is dead.
rdperformance is offline Find More Posts by rdperformance
Old Feb 07, 2013, 09:52 AM
USA
Joined Dec 2004
1,339 Posts
The thread is not dead. Just no one posting anything recently. I have completed my R3. Took it to the club meeting. Everyone was very impressed. Will fly this flying season when I get my thumbs loosened up.
Iflyrc_vic is offline Find More Posts by Iflyrc_vic
Last edited by Iflyrc_vic; Feb 09, 2013 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Add Photos
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:18 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,532 Posts
Thread Dead ? Nah mate... We do need more people to buy the plane. We have the improvements and flight time to make your flight a success..
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:47 AM
Joined Oct 2010
124 Posts
I do already have one NIB.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 05:05 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,532 Posts
Get building then :-) Its a great plane.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:50 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,203 Posts
Still havent gotten to mine yet. Have other builds ahead of it but should be completing those soon. I ordered a pair of the HK stirrup oleos for it. I have some ideas about the landing gear. Still planning flaps for mine.
TTRotary is online now Find More Posts by TTRotary
Old Feb 25, 2013, 06:07 PM
United States, WI, Coon Valley
Joined Feb 2005
1 Posts
New GB R-3 build

I am new to RC groups, but am wise enough to learn from other's experience. I purchased my ARF in 2008 when it went on sale at Hobby Lobby when they discontinued selling the Donut model FR.
I would agree with modifications to improve hard mount points for flying wires, and clever spring use to "soften" shock.
If there are addition issues not covered in this build thread, I will ask.

Thanks
Paul
pfhaley is offline Find More Posts by pfhaley
Old Mar 22, 2013, 08:31 AM
Joined Oct 2010
124 Posts
like I said this is dead
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:25 AM
USA
Joined Dec 2004
1,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdperformance View Post
like I said this is dead
As I said before, this thread is NOT dead. People post information on this thread relative to building and flying the Gee Bee R3. It is not just a collection of daily jeberish. Dead threads are those that have not been posted to in several months. This is not one of them.

Sorry to be harsh but if you want to maintain a daily conversation about world events, go to Facebook or Tweeter.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 02:25 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,532 Posts
Or get yourself an R3 and fly it every day.. then we will be happy to discuss it everyday.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 08:39 AM
USA
Joined Dec 2004
1,339 Posts
Quote:
like I said this is dead
rdperformance,
You stated that you have one of these kits NIB. Why not start building it and post some comments about your building experiences. That would keep this thread alive.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 09:16 AM
Joined Oct 2010
124 Posts
Well, as most of you I have several kits to build (too many) and not ready to deal with this one. Mostly fly jets but this caught my eye as I had a GEE BEE "Y". If I can't catch up soon might sell it.

I really don't think I have to explain the too many planes factor, even to an engineer.

Rich
Old Mar 24, 2013, 09:38 AM
USA
Joined Dec 2004
1,339 Posts
Quote:
Well, as most of you I have several kits to build (too many) and not ready to deal with this one. Mostly fly jets but this caught my eye as I had a GEE BEE "Y". If I can't catch up soon might sell it.

I really don't think I have to explain the too many planes factor, even to an engineer.

Rich
Rich, I resemble thaat remark about too many planes. I made a commitment (sort of) to limit my self to 10 active planes in my hangar. I now have 12, one being built and three waiting in the que. So much for commitments.

As I stated before, I also purchased the R3 because I have a Gee Bee Sportster and like Gee Bee's.

Thanks, for keeping the thread alive.
Vic