HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:07 AM
TOO MUCH FUN!!
USA, SC, CAMPOBELLO
Joined Jun 2002
283 Posts
Bob, Thanks for the info. I agree with you to try to keep it simple. BTW, Not a "rant" when you share what only experience can tell us!!
billdad1 is offline Find More Posts by billdad1
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:22 AM
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billdad1 View Post
Thanks Bob.
Do you think the Firepower 480 motor is to big for this wing?
I flew my Hog Wild with a Firepower 480 Sport / APC 10x5E prop / 1800 mah 3S 40c battery this past Thursday.

Definitely in Bob's 3D to "INSANE" category.

Hang on to your hat when you fire up a 480 Hog Wild. What a blast!

I've run motors that fall in all of Bob's categories. Just different flavors of fun.
Hard to believe how versatile a platform the Hog Wild is. Don't have to overthink this one, strap on whatever suits your mood and go fly it. Eeeeeha!
Mazzepa1 is offline Find More Posts by Mazzepa1
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:03 PM
TOO MUCH FUN!!
USA, SC, CAMPOBELLO
Joined Jun 2002
283 Posts
Mazzepa1,
Did you have to do any mod's to the motor block to make it fit?
billdad1 is offline Find More Posts by billdad1
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:36 AM
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billdad1 View Post
Mazzepa1,
Did you have to do any mod's to the motor block to make it fit?
I mounted the 480 directly (no x-mount) to a piece of 1/16" aluminum to get the bit of extra height needed for the 35mm dia 480. Didn't use the wood block.

I tried it because I had the motor on hand, you know just to see how it would work out.
It's a rush to fly, but a bit of a beast. Overall, I just might prefer the lighter setup I had before for a righteous mix of performance and flyability.

Were I to be buying a setup, I'd probably go with Bob's recommendation using the A2212/13 described earlier.

I generally try to start out as light as possible, then work up to a more powerful/heavier setup later no matter what type of plane. Look back in this thread for my original Hog Wild setup and you'll see what I mean.

Ooops, just looked back and saw that you had ordered the 480. Strap it on there and ride 'im, cowboy!
Old Jan 07, 2013, 09:05 PM
The Hog Wild Man
United States, AR, Piggott
Joined Sep 2012
62 Posts
Hog wild rc plane

CHECK OUT ELECTRIC COMBAT, INC HOME OF HOG WILD COMBAT PLANE ON FACE BOOK for more photos & info.
bob and kay is offline Find More Posts by bob and kay
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:54 AM
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob and kay View Post
CHECK OUT ELECTRIC COMBAT, INC HOME OF HOG WILD COMBAT PLANE ON FACE BOOK for more photos & info.
Were you and "Ace" out for some low level, full contact target practice and plastic bottle HW bowling?
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:14 PM
The Hog Wild Man
Joined Sep 2012
62 Posts
Richie

Richie (ace) was learning to fly while the two older boys had just finished a lttle target practice and hadn't cleaned up the area yet. Lots of action all day at the field in weather too cold to be there. But you know it was a great time and we hope we made a life long rc pilot.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:27 PM
The Hog Wild Man
Joined Sep 2012
62 Posts
Special Hog Wilds from Electric Combat

Here are some photos of unique Hog Wild planes.

WE HOPE ALL OF YOU WILL SHARE YOUR SPECIAL PAINT SCHEMES.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:47 AM
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
819 Posts
You know, HW decorating has become a thing at our field as well. We've got I guess 7 in the air, with more to come, and everybody is trying to one up the last Hog that showed up.

We have fun with those things berfore thay even fly and have seen some very interesting and original schemes. From purely functional to quite whimsical.

All that flat, white area brings out one's inner Picasso it seems.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:00 AM
Joined Jan 2012
49 Posts

derrickh78 is offline Find More Posts by derrickh78
Old Mar 19, 2013, 02:54 PM
Topsham, Me
Joined Dec 2003
420 Posts
How in the world do you apply the "Hog Wild" decals? There doesn't seem to be any way to apply them. Would someone let me know please. Thanks
ejohn is offline Find More Posts by ejohn
Old Mar 19, 2013, 05:05 PM
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejohn View Post
How in the world do you apply the "Hog Wild" decals? There doesn't seem to be any way to apply them. Would someone let me know please. Thanks
Cut out the portion to be transferred.

Decal is between two sheets.

Clean area decal will be applied to. I used Windex.

Front side of the decal is facing you when the image, or letters are viewed or read correctly.

Remove the backing, place the decal in the desired position. Apply pressure on the image segments or letters and the decal will adhere to the surface, the front sheet will not.

Carefully begin lifting the front sheet off. The decal may try to come up with the front sheet. If it does, gently seperate the decal from the front sheet w/a hobby knife or some such.

When the front sheet is off, press decal w/your fingers to ensure adhesion and you're done.

The decals on my Hog are hanging in there quite well even though the plane gets treated roughly.

You're in for a treat. Almost everybody in my club has one now, and we have a flat out ball w/those things.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 06:16 PM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,789 Posts
The only problem with the decals is, after they've been cut and set a while, they tend to stick to the backing and are harder to come off. Just go slow and they'll get there. But once they stick to the plane, they should be on there for ever. As Mazz said, clean with windex first.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Mar 26, 2013, 07:15 AM
Pilot of the Spitfire
Indonesia, West Java, Bekasi
Joined Mar 2013
13 Posts
cool plane
dimas_0105 is offline Find More Posts by dimas_0105
Old Mar 26, 2013, 09:38 AM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,789 Posts
Awesome plane. I have yet another about to take flight. And my son has a new one for this season also.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot