HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 07, 2012, 11:32 PM
Joined Jan 2012
49 Posts
Looks great! Im sure youll enjoy it. Dont be surprised if you find yourself wanting a bigger motor though!! Those full speed hits going 75+ are a lot more fun! The downside is that the plastic battery tray acts as a ram and pretty well tears everything to bits when your on the receiving end. Just dont be that guy!! Let us know how she flies!
derrickh78 is offline Find More Posts by derrickh78
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:34 AM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,801 Posts
My Dallas Cowboy hog has rips, tears and one wingtip is shredded by a prop but she still flies great.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Jul 08, 2012, 06:47 PM
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
967 Posts
Servos were waiting for me when I got home from work Saturday.

Got them mounted, pushrods installed. Elevons seem to be flipping and flopping in harmony with each other. First ever usage of TowerPro servos for me and these seem very smooth and strong.

Weight is 18.5 oz w/out battery. Heavier than what I'm used to for this size of plane.
Obvious durability gain of coroplast helps make the weight penalty bearable though.

According to the prop data on the HeadsupRC site I'm around 1:1 thrust ratio. Ok for a sport plane which is cool for now, but if the wild Hog and I are still getting along after a few flights, I'll be upping the power ante and make a WILD Hog out of it.
Mazzepa1 is offline Find More Posts by Mazzepa1
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:44 PM
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickh78 View Post
The G10 motor sold by HK is a great fit along with 2200 or 2650 3S batteries. Makes this style wing scream. Have dopplered it at 86mph but can still bring in low and slow and even somewhat hover in a medium wind. This design is awesome.
What prop are you running?
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:05 AM
Joined Jan 2012
49 Posts
With the G10 motor, a 10x8 10x10 or 11x7 (electric props) are all great. I have another with a super tigre .10 motor and i use the GWS 10x6 orange props on it. 2200mah 3s nano-techs up to 2650 3s nano-techs seem to give the longest and strongest flights for me. Hope that helps.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:31 AM
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
967 Posts
Well, I knocked the new off my Hog over the last couple of days. Decided I couldn't wait for the club day Tuesday and went to the City Soccer Field early Monday AM.

We'd been blessed with a goodly amount of rain Sunday and what with the field being in a creek bottom the ground was squishy, 1/2" of water standing everywhere. Perfect for a Hog, yeah?

Throttle up, give 'er a bit of a toss and she flies away pretty as a picture. Ease it around the filed a couple of laps, smooooth, no trim required. Sure is noisy.
Ok, let's see if I can land this thing. My usual power down, sink in and flare just before landfall resulted in a noser. Splat! Wiped the mud off, back in the air, man this thing flies nice. I can see people using it to learn on. 2 more landing attempts resulted in similar semi crashes. Decided I need more elevator travel.

Back home, cleaned the mud off (shoulda took a picture) moved the pushrods to the lower hole. Zero damage, I mean zero.

At the club field Tue. AM. Added elevon travel brought the Hog new life, more responsive, but still smooth and easy to fly. Sink and flare landing goes well, but just doesn't seem right for the Hog. Let's go for a high alpha-ish approach. Second one, she dropped in 1/2 step away from feet, on purpose.

Only two outings and my wild Hog already feels like an old friend. I like this plane, I like it a lot.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 08:27 AM
Joined Aug 2005
2,801 Posts
Yep, tha'ts the way they fly. Did you get your decals ?
Old Jul 11, 2012, 09:44 PM
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot View Post
Yep, tha'ts the way they fly. Did you get your decals ?
My apologies for not letting you know. Yes, got them a couple of days ago. They look good, just what I had in mind.

Count me another happy customer. Assume you to be the source for the decals that came with my kit, really like them.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:00 PM
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot View Post
My sons is done in Razorback theme. I'll get some pics up.

Flyboy, about 30 in ws, 23 lth and 12- 15 oz auw. Easy to hand launch and flies like a trainer, if you want it to.
By "12-15oz auw" do you mean how much it weighs ready to fly?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 09:04 AM
Joined Jan 2012
49 Posts
Cut this one out on tuesday very quickly and slapped some parts on it. Flies better than any of the ones ive built and actually spent time on. Its ugly on the ground but flies like a beaut.

Super Tigre .10 motor, HK esc, 12g mg servos, orange rx, 9x5 electric prop, and 3000mah zippy. This ones not fast but flies strong with very good roll rates.

Will post pics later tonight of another that has flaps.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:21 AM
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickh78 View Post
Cut this one out on tuesday very quickly and slapped some parts on it. Flies better than any of the ones ive built and actually spent time on. Its ugly on the ground but flies like a beaut.

Super Tigre .10 motor, HK esc, 12g mg servos, orange rx, 9x5 electric prop, and 3000mah zippy. This ones not fast but flies strong with very good roll rates.

Will post pics later tonight of another that has flaps.
Same dimensions as kit plane?

What's the weight as pictured?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 04:13 PM
Joined Jan 2012
49 Posts
Same dimensions but with all corners squared off and i just guessed on the shape of the vertical stabs. Unknown weight. Heavier than the hog wild because of the second sheet of corplast on the bottom of the nose but because its lacking the battery tray, it might be about the same.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:04 PM
Joined Aug 2005
2,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzepa1 View Post
My apologies for not letting you know. Yes, got them a couple of days ago. They look good, just what I had in mind.

Count me another happy customer. Assume you to be the source for the decals that came with my kit, really like them.
Yep, I can have hundreds of hogs cut ready to got to Bobbies shop most of the time.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:16 PM
Joined Jan 2012
49 Posts
Pics of my buddies wing with a flap modification and I removed a little weight from my wings. Enjoy.

Combat wing with a flap (that actually works) (0 min 6 sec)

And mine lightened up a bit

Old Jul 13, 2012, 06:57 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
8,036 Posts
What's the purpose of the flap? Does it move in both directions or only up? And, most importantly, what's the effect in the air?

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr