HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 04, 2011, 06:51 PM
Registered User
Yort69's Avatar
TEXAS
Joined Oct 2010
873 Posts
Suggestion
Triple jeopardy ? How to appeal ?

I received 3 points for 1 post and 3 more for another so that's 6 points total for 2 infractions. Each point given for the same post has the same warning. SO basically i got 3 points at 3 separate times for the same posts and this happened with 2 different posts i made. Could someone tell me why or how i got 3 points for the same single infraction Also how would i appeal this if i can only appeal one at a time when i have 3 points and 3 different warnings for the same post when i should only have 1 point for that post?
Man, what a mess.....Could somebody help me here on how to appeal this or at least explain what happened so i don't feel so ripped off ? After all, this mess started with one point and after coming in here for help i ended up with 14 points . That's fair i guess Not trying to stir the pot or (boost my post count) as i was accused of doing and which i don't understand that either as i go weeks sometimes without posting at all?? I have no idea what my post count has to do with anything. HELP !
Yort69 is offline Find More Posts by Yort69
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2011, 11:11 AM
Administrator
Jim T. Graham's Avatar
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,241 Posts
Quote:
Could someone tell me why or how i got 3 points for the same single infraction
Did you repost the post you were warned for? If so the moderator would have warned the other post/posts as well. Don't repost things that you were warned for.

Quote:
Also how would i appeal this if i can only appeal one at a time when i have 3 points and 3 different warnings for the same post when i should only have 1 point for that post?
You could request an appeal in this thread. You can only appeal one post at a time. Please provide a direct link to the warned post. Do not repost the post here.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2011, 11:40 PM
Registered User
Yort69's Avatar
TEXAS
Joined Oct 2010
873 Posts
No i never went back and repost anything. I did get multiple points for my complaint/Appeal that i posted in here but i posted the same message in each appeal because i thought i had to do all 6 individually as you had told me to do. I posted all 6 appeals at the same time before i was ever warned and given a point for any of them. I even edited them down as you were pointing out to me the possible infractions in them but i wound up getting slammed anyway. I also didn't know i wasn't supposed to copy and paste the warning in the appeals i made and received points for that as well. Not saying its anybody's fault but i just didn't know what to do and if you go back and read its painfully obvious i didn't know how to make an appeal. Had i known you can get multiple points for the same post i would not have done it but i was confused obviously on what you were instructing me to do when you had told me to appeal 1 at a time instead of all 6 in one post like i had originally tried to do.
Ive never done this appeal thing before so i really didn't know what exactly to do. Cant you guys give me a break on that? I just did not know at the time but i know now.
The other post i got 2 or 3 infractions for was a single post in the forum. Its been a couple of days sense i looked at them i'll have to go look and refresh my memory on exactly which post it was but i'm pretty sure its the same exact post with 2 or 3 separate warnings and points and i never posted anything.
If all i can appeal is one at a time how will they know i was given multiple warnings for the same posts and that's what the appeal is for and not the content in the post?
I was also not given any option of editing any of the post i was getting infractions for. When i received the first point for the post in the forum that started this mess i went to try and edit it and it would not let me do it? That's when i came here and the mess went from 1 point to 14.
You guys should cut me a little slack on that, Its very clear i simply didn't know what i was doing in regards to making an appeal and i certainly don't have any idea on how to present this multiple infraction thing if all i can show them is one at a time? I'm not appealing the content in the post, i broke the rules and that's fine but i really did not know what i was doing and was only doing what i thought i was being instructed to do when i posted the same message in all 6 appeals .
I also received a point for copyright infringement for pasting an article in the forum but i provided a link with it. I was under the impression that a Copy and Paste is fine as long as you provide a link with the article or atleast thats how it works in other forums i'm a member in.
Come on fellas cut me some slack here...
Yort69 is offline Find More Posts by Yort69
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 07, 2011, 11:50 AM
Administrator
Jim T. Graham's Avatar
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,241 Posts
Quote:
No i never went back and repost anything. I did get multiple points for my complaint/Appeal that i posted in here but i posted the same message in each appeal because i thought i had to do all 6 individually as you had told me to do.
By posting your warned posts here you did repost exactly what you were warned for. A link is the best method for an appeal.

Quote:
If all i can appeal is one at a time how will they know i was given multiple warnings for the same posts and that's what the appeal is for and not the content in the post?
By providing a link to the post you were warned for we should be able to tell what the issue was.

Quote:
I'm not appealing the content in the post, i broke the rules and that's fine but i really did not know what i was doing and was only doing what i thought i was being instructed to do when i posted the same message in all 6 appeals .
You make a great point. So you want to appeal getting points for pasting your warned posts here in SS/C correct?


Quote:
I also received a point for copyright infringement for pasting an article in the forum but i provided a link with it. I was under the impression that a Copy and Paste is fine as long as you provide a link with the article or atleast thats how it works in other forums i'm a member in.
The moderators are very strict on the copyright infringement rule. Please only use URLs.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 07, 2011, 11:52 AM
Administrator
Jim T. Graham's Avatar
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,241 Posts
You can now edit your posts.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 07, 2011, 12:41 PM
Registered User
Yort69's Avatar
TEXAS
Joined Oct 2010
873 Posts
Thank You Jim! I'm working right now and will get on this ASAP as soon as i get time this evening. I appreciate your understanding ! I would do it right now but its such a mess it will take a bit to go thru everything...Thanks Again and i will respond here as soon as ive edited everything later this evening. Troy
Yort69 is offline Find More Posts by Yort69
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question I want to appeal some point's but how? invert Moderation Appeals 8 Sep 30, 2011 03:13 PM
Suggestion how can i have a appeal ZEROSKIN76 Site Suggestions / Complaints 6 Feb 14, 2011 06:32 PM
Discussion How not to win an appeal, redux arbilab Site Chat 2 Jul 12, 2010 03:14 PM
Discussion How not to win an appeal 101 NoFlyZone Site Chat 8 Jul 08, 2010 12:57 PM
Question How to appeal a removed post littlecrankshaft Site Suggestions / Complaints 0 Sep 16, 2009 02:36 PM