HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:11 PM
gak
Joined Oct 2010
1 Posts
I have one of these planes and have gotten dozens of flights from it. It flies about as far as I dare take it without losing sight. I've never unraveled the reciever line. I think I will now though. I have had one hard crash and needed a new gear box which I purchased at a hobby town USA in Idaho. Anyway, I am looking at your video and something doesn't seem quite right. I'm wondering if when you glued the two halves of the wing together that you may have glued the wooden support upside down. I only wonder because it looks like the wing doesn't ange up but rather level or even slightly down.
Good luck.
gak is offline Find More Posts by gak
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2012, 07:20 AM
Joined Aug 2011
209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoneo View Post
crash and burn. she took off, went about 10 ft up, turned hard right dispute my best effort, nose dive, stripped nut on the front. can't find a nut that size to replace that 1. so she dead in the water for now.
Kind of a late response to your situation: I bought this plane (4 channel) with the 35.190 crystal in a Lanyu radio - opened up the TX and there was no wire connecting the ant to the circuit board. I soldered one in and the radio worked a whole lot better. I replaced the motor with brushless and lipo and bought a WFLY radio and this plane flies great. Never did fly it with the original gear as I used those in other projects. Also I use prop saver which saves a lot of props.
A video of 4th flight on my blog site.
FeiJi is offline Find More Posts by FeiJi
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by FeiJi; Sep 09, 2012 at 07:35 AM.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 11:23 AM
United Kingdom, England, Lincoln
Joined Jun 2011
710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeiJi View Post
Kind of a late response to your situation: I bought this plane (4 channel) with the 35.190 crystal in a Lanyu radio - opened up the TX and there was no wire connecting the ant to the circuit board. I soldered one in and the radio worked a whole lot better. I replaced the motor with brushless and lipo and bought a WFLY radio and this plane flies great. Never did fly it with the original gear as I used those in other projects. Also I use prop saver which saves a lot of props.
A video of 4th flight on my blog site.
It's nice to hear someone else having good results with this plane. Good call on upgrading it to brushless and LiPo's, this works so much better than the stock configuration.

That radio you mentioned looks interesting, I went for the Turnigy 9x myself.
abroadhurst94 is offline Find More Posts by abroadhurst94
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:33 PM
Joined Aug 2011
209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abroadhurst94 View Post
It's nice to hear someone else having good results with this plane. Good call on upgrading it to brushless and LiPo's, this works so much better than the stock configuration.

That radio you mentioned looks interesting, I went for the Turnigy 9x myself.
About the only cheap option here is WFLY but it seems to be a good radio if you can read the chinese characters - I don't have the English version.
Just an update: I have now just done away with the landing gear and fly it without. I like the way it looks in the air and it belly lands nicely. Have also started learning how to fly tighter rolls. Pretty much a noobie, 27 hours in the air now total time in various planes.
FeiJi is offline Find More Posts by FeiJi
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 40" EPP wing ready to maiden
Old Oct 17, 2012, 03:13 PM
United Kingdom, England, Lincoln
Joined Jun 2011
710 Posts
I may give it a try without the landing gear. The last couple times I've been out with this plane, I've hand launched and landed with the lg, but the lg keeps falling out and making takeoffs and landings a nightmare
abroadhurst94 is offline Find More Posts by abroadhurst94