HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 30, 2012, 01:54 AM
United Kingdom, England, Lincoln
Joined Jun 2011
710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoneo View Post
...seeing the 747 flying 20 ft in the air and knowing i had control over it brought such a rush to my system. a dream i had dreamt since i was a little boy. it was a feeling I've never had before. and it was great. short lived but great. controlling that big beast with no option to hover was scary and exciting all in the same...
Well then I'd call that a success, even with the crash. That feeling is what makes the crashing and repairs worth it.

As for tx's, have you thought about going 2.4ghz? The tx and rx that came with my 747 is on 27mhz, a ground only frequency here in the UK. I was forever having interference issues that resulted in a crash, for example my ailerons locking to one side momentarily, but long enough to cause a roll to close to the ground.
Bought a cheap 2.4 system and I can now fly out till I can barely see the plane anymore!
abroadhurst94 is offline Find More Posts by abroadhurst94
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2012, 07:05 PM
Joined May 2012
253 Posts
i'll have a new one soon. just gotta wait for shipping. btw have you ever taken off by throwing the cessna. my roads are so bumpy, i may give it a try
Neoneo is offline Find More Posts by Neoneo
Old Jun 04, 2012, 07:39 PM
Joined Jun 2011
710 Posts
Quote:
i'll have a new one soon. just gotta wait for shipping. btw have you ever taken off by throwing the cessna. my roads are so bumpy, i may give it a try
You'll have a new what soon? Gear box?
Nope, I have considered it many times though. The field I fly from behind my house isn't the best but in the end I always manage to ROG. Sometimes takes full throttle and a tap with my foot to get it to move with all the bumps but it goes.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:11 PM
Joined May 2012
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abroadhurst94 View Post
You'll have a new what soon? Gear box?
Nope, I have considered it many times though. The field I fly from behind my house isn't the best but in the end I always manage to ROG. Sometimes takes full throttle and a tap with my foot to get it to move with all the bumps but it goes.
I'm getting a whole new cessna. hopefully i won't have to put it together from scratch again. that took forever last time. either way, as long as i can get her in the air.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 03:18 PM
Joined Jun 2011
710 Posts
Quote:
I'm getting a whole new cessna. hopefully i won't have to put it together from scratch again. that took forever last time. either way, as long as i can get her in the air.
Did you buy another one? Or did the company you bought it from swap it?
My guess is you'll have to put it together again, but now you know how it all goes together anyway so should be a bit quicker.
Old Jun 07, 2012, 03:51 PM
Joined May 2012
253 Posts
Quote:
Did you buy another one? Or did the company you bought it from swap it?
My guess is you'll have to put it together again, but now you know how it all goes together anyway so should be a bit quicker.
its a swap thankfully, now I'm getting an email saying that there going to refund me the money. its like $100. should i take the refund and get a glider like the sky cruiser: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...FYeo4Aod_A-1ow
or should i stick with the cessna
Old Jun 07, 2012, 04:36 PM
Joined Jun 2011
710 Posts
Quote:
its a swap thankfully, now I'm getting an email saying that there going to refund me the money. its like $100. should i take the refund and get a glider like the sky cruiser: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...FYeo4Aod_A-1ow
or should i stick with the cessna
I'd say to stick with the Cessna, as I've said before it is the plane I learnt on and was a great trainer, it is still a joy to fly now. But if you want to go with the sky cruiser then do that. It's up to you.
Just wondering though, what company did you buy it from? If they're offering you a refund, it may be worth buying an arf version from here and buying a brushless and/or 2.4ghz setup. It would be much more reliable and would be about the same price, maybe just a few bucks more
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:42 AM
Joined May 2012
253 Posts
crash and burn. she took off, went about 10 ft up, turned hard right dispute my best effort, nose dive, stripped nut on the front. can't find a nut that size to replace that 1. so she dead in the water for now.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:35 AM
Joined Jun 2011
710 Posts
Quote:
crash and burn. she took off, went about 10 ft up, turned hard right dispute my best effort, nose dive, stripped nut on the front. can't find a nut that size to replace that 1. so she dead in the water for now.
Sorry to hear your bad luck with this plane again. Have you checked all the radio gear before trying to fly it? Also, do you have a different set of radio gear you could try with? It sounds like you either have a major interference problem, or you aren't building up enough speed before taking off, like mine in the video on the first post.

I think for the nut you just need one with a 3mm inside diameter (could be 3.17mm, can't remember off the top of my head). You should be able to get some at any DIY store or hobby store.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:49 PM
Joined May 2012
253 Posts
Quote:
Sorry to hear your bad luck with this plane again. Have you checked all the radio gear before trying to fly it? Also, do you have a different set of radio gear you could try with? It sounds like you either have a major interference problem, or you aren't building up enough speed before taking off, like mine in the video on the first post.

I think for the nut you just need one with a 3mm inside diameter (could be 3.17mm, can't remember off the top of my head). You should be able to get some at any DIY store or hobby store.
whats the link on your vid
Old Jun 26, 2012, 01:09 AM
Joined Jun 2011
710 Posts
Click on page one of this thread, video is in the first post.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:03 PM
Joined May 2012
253 Posts
Quote:
Click on page one of this thread, video is in the first post.
just saw the vid. thats kinda how mine went but to the right. as soon as i find a nut to fit this bird, i'll be back up in the air. until then. I'm probably going to pick up the sky surfer in the next few days. or do you have any suggestions on a durable glider. something that can flip and roll.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 01:25 AM
Joined Jun 2011
710 Posts
Quote:
just saw the vid. thats kinda how mine went but to the right. as soon as i find a nut to fit this bird, i'll be back up in the air. until then. I'm probably going to pick up the sky surfer in the next few days. or do you have any suggestions on a durable glider. something that can flip and roll.
If that is what happened to yours, it means you don't have enough speed to take off, try holding down elevator until you have enough speed, or hold the back of the plane with one hand whilst you throttle up then let go. Should do the trick.
PM me your address, I have a couple of spare nuts I can send you
As for gliders, I have no experience with any. I bought one but so far it's still in its box waiting to be sold on to someone.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 02:10 AM
Joined May 2012
253 Posts
Quote:
If that is what happened to yours, it means you don't have enough speed to take off, try holding down elevator until you have enough speed, or hold the back of the plane with one hand whilst you throttle up then let go. Should do the trick.
PM me your address, I have a couple of spare nuts I can send you
As for gliders, I have no experience with any. I bought one but so far it's still in its box waiting to be sold on to someone.
me and cessna aren't made for each other for now lol. if you i bought nuts from ace and broke them all, and all my propellers but 1. o and i bent the thing the the nuts and screw goes on. if you know the name of that and where i can find a new one, let me know if its not too much i'll get another and keep on trying in between flying heli's. and thanks for the offer for the nuts. I'm just seeing your reply now. about 12 hours late lol.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 09:51 AM
Joined Jun 2011
710 Posts
Quote:
me and cessna aren't made for each other for now lol. if you i bought nuts from ace and broke them all, and all my propellers but 1. o and i bent the thing the the nuts and screw goes on. if you know the name of that and where i can find a new one, let me know if its not too much i'll get another and keep on trying in between flying heli's. and thanks for the offer for the nuts. I'm just seeing your reply now. about 12 hours late lol.
Sorry for the late reply, I must have somehow missed your reply before. The thing the nuts and prop goes on is the shaft of the gearbox. You can buy replacement gearboxes here. Spare props can be bought from here. If you buy a new gearbox, it will come with the nuts and washers you need as well.