HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by nasgul, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 03, 2011, 02:28 PM
United Kingdom, Wales, Gwaun-Cae-Gurwen
Joined Mar 2011
535 Posts
Build Log
Project "WRAITH" Completed!

well, it's finished, and flies pretty well. still a bit wobbly, but that's me as a noob, but slowly getting steadier as more flights are logged!

there has been some alterations, namely the arms, as i found the 15mm was causing me to obtain not so good lift, so dropped to 10mm, and all the better for it! also a slight re-design of the landing gear, which was re-designed as was bending the bolts inwards/

overall, i'm pretty happy with it, and would not have been possible without.....
inspiration (tretch5000), ultra talented,
soldering of damaged board (mike barton) firmware and all round saint,
kapteinkuk for making these boards and supplying firmwares,
matt halton for encouragement,

and all the helpfull people on the forums of rcgroups!

components are.....

4x turnigy plush 6a esc's
4xhk 2000kv 10g brushless motors
kk blackboard
1mm carbon sheet
m2.5 bolts
used glowbracelets
old tv ariel (15mm arms)
10mm alloy box (revised arms)
orange 6ch 2.4ghz rx (without casing)
spektrum dx5e dsmx tx

03092011019 (1 min 54 sec)

the vid was shot indoors, only 3rd flight, was raining hard otherwise would have been outside!

love it.......... soon time for another project i think.....
nasgul is offline Find More Posts by nasgul
Last edited by nasgul; Sep 03, 2011 at 02:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2011, 04:39 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,830 Posts
Arron mate, it is AWESOME!!!!

Well done to you! So you are using the KK board after fixing it?

She looks great hovering around in there, I think it's wobbly from the ground effect in that small space you have tested it, maybe it will be better outside on a calm day?

You seem to be getting on well with it, just love all the coloured lights in the 'cockpit' looks real UFO looking

All the best, and do let me know how things develop.

Cheers

Matt

BTW, You watching MotoGP tomorrow?
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Sep 03, 2011, 05:39 PM
Joined Mar 2011
535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
Arron mate, it is AWESOME!!!!

Well done to you! So you are using the KK board after fixing it?

She looks great hovering around in there, I think it's wobbly from the ground effect in that small space you have tested it, maybe it will be better outside on a calm day?

You seem to be getting on well with it, just love all the coloured lights in the 'cockpit' looks real UFO looking

All the best, and do let me know how things develop.

Cheers

Matt

BTW, You watching MotoGP tomorrow?
hi matt,
thanks mate! think you are right about the ground effect, i managed a quick outside flight in between showers, and seemed pretty stable, the throws set on low at moment.
the coloured lights are the blue led for the board when armed, the orange one one the rx when alive and in signal, and the colour-change led was made using 1 5mm colour-change led, resistor, and old servo lead, powered from ch6 on the receiver, lol. does look cool though

oh yes, forgot about the gp, shall have to watch that mate!
Old Sep 03, 2011, 06:23 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,830 Posts
Great stuff!! So what exactly was the issue with the KK board? I think my tricopter will be getting lit up now,looks uber cool.
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Sep 03, 2011, 06:29 PM
Joined Mar 2011
535 Posts
it was naff soldering on the atmega chip's pins that was causing the problems. was repaired, and works fine since.
pretty cool to have the dome lit up, and one 5mm led does not have much current drain. i could knock one up for you if you like, got some spare ones here that i'm not going to use.
Old Sep 09, 2011, 03:35 AM
FPV MultiWiii
Joined Mar 2011
356 Posts
Nice work Nasgul.
that thing looks awesome especially at night.
glad you got the KK board working right.

have you had much time to fly with it? i know the weather over in the states has not been so great on the east coast. i have been stuck in the house for a week. anyway love the quad. keep up the good work.

can't wait to see the next video.
Tretch5000 is offline Find More Posts by Tretch5000
Old Sep 09, 2011, 04:23 AM
Joined Mar 2011
535 Posts
hey nick,

thanks mate, it's been headwork at times, but all good now. i know what you mean, its been the same here all week, nothing but high winds and rain! so been either in work or indoors, so not much room to fly unfortunately

got some lipo's on order, waiting for those to turn up, asides from that, cooking up a design for a y6, would do a tri, but cant get my head around the yaw mech, lol.
should have new video when weather improves, so just waiting myself for good evening for a "ufo" sighting,