HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 03, 2011, 01:24 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Discussion
New Dynam AT6 Texan

I just saw this pop up. I always wanted an AT6. I don't know of FMS/Airfield is comming out with one but the price on the RX ready one is pretty good.
I'm happy with my other Dynams so far
RTF version
http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy8944-at6-rtf-24g.html
Rx Ready version (no battery or Rx)
http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy8944-at6-arf.html
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Last edited by Melnic; Oct 04, 2011 at 01:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2011, 04:14 PM
southern Illinois
Joined Jan 2010
495 Posts
It looks pretty nice Melnic! Which other Dynam planes you have? How are the electronics in them?
Dizzy5 is offline Find More Posts by Dizzy5
Old Sep 03, 2011, 05:29 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
I have had a number of ESCs plus a hawksky,meteor, an Erazor he,an A10 edf,and I had another one that I can't remember the name. I typicaLly have good luck with the. Cheap stuff but that is cause I check things over. Sometimes I do small mods that u hear on RCG. But I. Rate the dynam stuf every bit as much as parkzone. Niether are higher quality like futaba,castle or hitech but at least with dynam I'm not spaending so much. If iwere to crash something no biggie. That hawksky I have has over 25 hours in the air on the stock setup. I use it to test recievers for myself and others. I only recently changed out the motor
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Sep 03, 2011, 08:57 PM
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,938 Posts
The thing I would do is cut the outside wing panels off and reglue them with some dihedral
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Sep 04, 2011, 12:03 AM
southern Illinois
Joined Jan 2010
495 Posts
I like to check things over too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
I have had a number of ESCs plus a hawksky,meteor, an Erazor he,an A10 edf,and I had another one that I can't remember the name. I typicaLly have good luck with the. Cheap stuff but that is cause I check things over. Sometimes I do small mods that u hear on RCG. But I. Rate the dynam stuf every bit as much as parkzone. Niether are higher quality like futaba,castle or hitech but at least with dynam I'm not spaending so much. If iwere to crash something no biggie. That hawksky I have has over 25 hours in the air on the stock setup. I use it to test recievers for myself and others. I only recently changed out the motor
They have a few planes that interest me. The AT6, P51 & C47. I have a Parkzone Corsair I redoing and my Gee Bee Balsa plane I built and a good old scratch built foam plane I built. I'm looking to add to my fleet. I also have Bucker Jungman kit that needs built. I'm beefing up the airframe on the Corsair & repainting.
Dizzy5 is offline Find More Posts by Dizzy5
Old Sep 04, 2011, 01:16 AM
Joined Aug 2009
839 Posts
Wonder how good the retracts are on grass?

54" wing span is not bad. Wonder if Dynam will come out with a FW-190a?
drypipe is offline Find More Posts by drypipe
Old Sep 04, 2011, 05:24 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jun 2010
518 Posts
Id rather they do something new...just about every company does the usual spitty, fw190, corsair, p51, p47, p40 etc etc etc...its getting a bit mundane. How about a nice Heinkel 111 or aerocobra, or a even a decent bf109e? We've had to wait for Windrider to make a decent (albeit smallish) Dauntless and a nice sized and very scale looking Hawker Hurricane (a big yipee for that one). Its encouraging at least to see Dynam doing a nice C47. Something less "done" would hit the right spot.
Biggles1 is offline Find More Posts by Biggles1
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2011, 07:36 AM
Boca Raton FL
Joined Nov 2010
598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles1 View Post
Id rather they do something new...just about every company does the usual spitty, fw190, corsair, p51, p47, p40 etc etc etc...its getting a bit mundane. How about a nice Heinkel 111 or aerocobra, or a even a decent bf109e? We've had to wait for Windrider to make a decent (albeit smallish) Dauntless and a nice sized and very scale looking Hawker Hurricane (a big yipee for that one). Its encouraging at least to see Dynam doing a nice C47. Something less "done" would hit the right spot.
I wouldn't mind them doing any of those planes.

I've yet to see a fw190 that I liked.

109 would be cool too.
razorseal is offline Find More Posts by razorseal
Old Sep 04, 2011, 01:37 PM
Joined Aug 2009
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles1 View Post
There really is no decent Texan or FW-190 yet on the market yet. Kyosho's 50 size Fw-190 is discontinued, and the one made by ST Models, sold by Tower Hobbies under the name of their owner Hobbico, is not all that great because the landing gear is junk and their so called "Aero-Cell Foam" is not as strong as EPO or Elapor by Multiplex. Yes, FMS will soon release a FW-190a in 60 size this October. Other than that, there is no Parkzone scale FW-190 that is worth a hill of beans.
The only Texan I know of is that small yellow and silver Texan on Banana Hobby and the one by E-Flite that is now 12 years old.

109s have a scale landing gear flaw which makes it dangerous to taxi, take off and land because of the narrow landing gear carriage. Many Luftwaffe pilots were killed, and 109's destroyed, because of the narrow landing gear. Fw-190s have a nice wide LG carriage stance.
Last edited by drypipe; Sep 04, 2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old Sep 04, 2011, 02:11 PM
Jimmy
United States, NJ, Highland Lakes
Joined Oct 2008
757 Posts
Great they put it on the site the day after I order the Dynam Cat. will have to wait....
Jimmy1159 is offline Find More Posts by Jimmy1159
Old Sep 04, 2011, 02:16 PM
USA, TX, Van Alstyne
Joined Nov 2010
1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy1159 View Post
Great they put it on the site the day after I order the Dynam Cat. will have to wait....
Aint that the Truth, Working on the new spitfire
I dont think I can get this one past the wife
inspector5419 is offline Find More Posts by inspector5419
Old Sep 04, 2011, 02:28 PM
Joined Aug 2009
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy1159 View Post
Dynam "Cat" on Np?
Old Sep 04, 2011, 03:20 PM
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drypipe View Post
Dynam "Cat" on Np?
The Dynam Catalina
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Sep 04, 2011, 06:43 PM
Joined Aug 2009
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidbowler View Post
The Dynam Catalina
What was I thinking!!!
Old Sep 04, 2011, 06:47 PM
Joined Aug 2009
839 Posts
With this new Dynam AT-6 Texan at a 54" wing span, it seems that they are going for larger scale warbirds from their P-51 and Spitfire?

I wonder if the retracts are strong and can handle a grass airfield?