HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by LcJ, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 03, 2011, 06:48 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,191 Posts
Discussion
Bases of my belief structure

Quote:
Genesis 1

1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Quote:
John 1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2The same was in the beginning with God.

3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Quote:
John 3:16

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
This is in essence the Preamble of my life.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Own your own - What it means
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2011, 03:19 PM
Mt Tamborine, Queensland, Australia
Joined May 2008
749 Posts
Have you noticed this is an RC blog? Go post your religious nonsense somewhere else and stop flashing it around here.
tobermei is offline Find More Posts by tobermei
Old Sep 05, 2011, 01:24 AM
United States, WA, Yacolt
Joined Dec 2005
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobermei View Post
Have you noticed this is an RC blog? Go post your religious nonsense somewhere else and stop flashing it around here.
Seriously, this is not at all in line with the charity that's supposed to be in place with dialog among friends, as fellow RC people. I can think of this, to your family, to what ever outside things you are passionet about, and not have a problem posting on your own personal blog that RCG allows us to have. It's personal, and if this guy is into God and the scripture, that's him, if you are into Pogs and collecting sea shells, that's you... It's merely a spot that's supposed to your own, without even something RC related "for a change".... Don't knock this persons stuff he's into, you rub elbows with him and you respect his ability and knowledge base within the RC construct,. so why attack him in his own personal space?
saucerguy is offline Find More Posts by saucerguy
Old Sep 05, 2011, 02:12 AM
Joined May 2008
749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerguy View Post
Seriously, this is not at all in line with the charity that's supposed to be in place with dialog among friends, as fellow RC people. I can think of this, to your family, to what ever outside things you are passionet about, and not have a problem posting on your own personal blog that RCG allows us to have. It's personal, and if this guy is into God and the scripture, that's him, if you are into Pogs and collecting sea shells, that's you... It's merely a spot that's supposed to your own, without even something RC related "for a change".... Don't knock this persons stuff he's into, you rub elbows with him and you respect his ability and knowledge base within the RC construct,. so why attack him in his own personal space?
Preaching religious diatribe belongs on religious blogs. Not here.

I've got no reason to be charitable to someone who insists on shoving his religion in front of my face.

I'm well and truly over it, there are plenty of good places for him to shove his religious beliefs, but when I go scrolling through the blog updates, the last thing I want to read about is biblical nonsense.

Spouting religious beliefs is not, as you put it "dialog among friends, as fellow RC people".
Old Sep 05, 2011, 02:43 AM
Joined Dec 2005
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobermei View Post
Preaching religious diatribe belongs on religious blogs. Not here.

I've got no reason to be charitable to someone who insists on shoving his religion in front of my face.

I'm well and truly over it, there are plenty of good places for him to shove his religious beliefs, but when I go scrolling through the blog updates, the last thing I want to read about is biblical nonsense.

Spouting religious beliefs is not, as you put it "dialog among friends, as fellow RC people".
So, you are a Ford lover, he's a Chevy lover, and you are complaining that he's not a Ford lover.... got it, thank you...
Old Sep 05, 2011, 03:06 AM
Joined May 2008
749 Posts
Not a very good analogy, I've never said on rcblogs what my religious or not views are. I save that for blogs about such topics.

If rcgroups provided features like facebook, where I can block a particularly obnoxious friend who just has to spout on about his love for Jesus, or some such religious view, then I'd easily block the postings by LcJ.

Or if it was posted in a particular forum on ideological views, it's my choice whether I go to such a forum or not.

But with blogs, they are in my face (mostly in a pretty good way), so when I sat down and relaxed looking forward to postings about RC on the rcgroups blogs, suddenly I was getting preached at.
Old Sep 05, 2011, 03:15 AM
Joined Dec 2005
1,025 Posts
Is there something in TOS that specifies not to be posting ones own religious beliefs on their blogs? If there is, then you can report it to the moderator, if there is not, then you cannot say a single thing against it, that your complaints are in fact, against TOS.

Do you consider those of us, that hold our faith so close to our hearts, endeared towards hanging out at a place, among who are supposed to be our friends and comrads, to be just cut down and reviled because we dared to show an important aspect of our lives? Does your approach and words, which to me, and those of us that hold our faith in a traditional sense, close to our hearts, take offense to the jabs that are made upon them? Do we go around poking fun and humiliating your own personal beliefs? Again, is this a charitable way to treat your fellow RC enthusiasts? Where is the spirit in all of this, honestly???!!!

Can you skip onto the next blog or something and we can move on, or is this going to get ugly? It's your call, I'm offering an easy way out, but if you know me to any degree, you will know that I don't back out of a fight and I will fight to the last of the last, and go beyond that, easily circumventing this little forum back end, posting what ever, where ever, and when ever I want with the powers that be, not at all able to do squat about it.... this is my back yard gentlemen, don't press it, I have proved myself to be able to move with impunity on other boards, this one is no different....
Old Sep 05, 2011, 03:34 AM
Joined May 2008
749 Posts
Is there something in the TOS that says I can't post an opposing opinion? I've not used abusive language or name calling or any such thing. I see guys posts adverts and get called out by other users on it. LcJ is posting an advert for his religion and I called it out as "spam".

Where is the spirit in all of this? The spirit is lets keep religion out of this. I haven't posted my religious views, I respect the fellow readers of my blogs on rcgroups enough to save my religious views for blogs / forums / web sites where it's clear that's what the topic is.
Old Sep 05, 2011, 03:51 AM
Joined Dec 2005
1,025 Posts
Who says you can't post an opposing opinion, but keep in mind, the spirit of it all. What this person is quoting something he strongly believes in. It's similar to if one were to paint their room a different color, or put a picture on their wall. They do so for ambiance. The thing that makes this different, as a friend, you tend to want to look out for their best interest, this includes mind, body and soul. He's not telling you to repent or you are going to hell, he's not telling you to believe the texts that are posted, or else, he's not condemning you at all, nor anybody else here. It's his prerogative, as well as yours, to post beliefs on your personal blogs, no matter what they are, we have that right, at least until TOS changes..

If you want to post your own views on yours, no matter what they are, as long as they aren't breaking TOS, then by all means go for it. It's a "personal" blog, and that comes with anything and everything related to it. Now if the guy showed up, posted like one post, and started dropping URL's, to his online business, or rambling on about his personal beliefs, then that's actually spam, what this guy is doing is something he's called to do, so he's moved in his heart to post what he is.

Do a few words copied from scripture make you so upset, you feel you have to publicly post about them, and make accusations about the individual that posted them? Are they that intimidating to you, do they hold that much weight to you, that you find so very offensive? If I was an atheist, it would be water rolling off of my back, because it's something I don't believe, so it holds zero merit to even contemplate.

Face it guys, you are among company with people of all walks of life, faith's, and backgrounds. You are going to run into things on these personal blogs that you won't agree with, but the fact is, we are all individuals, with individual tastes, so we must accept each other, how we are, and dialog here along our common ground, if anything, just in the RC section of the forums.
Old Sep 05, 2011, 03:55 AM
Joined May 2008
749 Posts
I didn't make any accusations, I just asked for religious postings to be posted somewhere else than on a Radio Control web site. What is wrong with a bit of respect towards others? Respect my request to keep this site focused on RC topics, you have plenty of places where you can go and talk religion.
Old Sep 05, 2011, 02:26 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,025 Posts
I just went through 3 pages of our Blogs section here. Out of them, there are advertisements from suppliers "that's spam in my book", and there are non rc related content on them. This is just three pages, I suspect there is tremendously amount more of them.

If you are going to take the roll of policing up the blogs, you need to also follow up along every single non rc related blog as well, not just single this one out. If you are not willing to take those steps, then you have no right to say anything against this particular one, for you are being inconsistent with your tactics and values. Just as you find it offensive to see anything related to the bible here, I find it equally offensive to hear things against it. And if I go to the religious forums, there is plenty that goes on there that's very distasteful. At least in ones personal blog, they have the ability to terminate posts, it's their own personal blog, and the member is the one that's moderating them.

Now, if what he's posting here is not breaking TOS, then it's you that's in the wrong about it, if it's breaking TOS, then the RCG moderator will give the member a point and direct them to take down their post. So far, no moderator has done that, and since this is the case, he has the right to post what he has here. Keep in mind also, there are many RCG staff members that are believers, you aren't even representative of their views. I have friends from all walks of life, some believe, others do not, but it's not like I'm going to hide who I am, just to accommodate them. I must accept them for who they are, how they are, as they do me.
Old Sep 05, 2011, 02:59 PM
Joined May 2008
749 Posts
Maybe you should contemplate the message in Luke 18:9-14.
Old Sep 05, 2011, 03:26 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,025 Posts
Luke 18:9-14

9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

That is an excellent passage of scripture. I have used that in the past with the street ministry. One of the first things that's often discussed is how people think being of the faith means having to fit into some clique, or group, and you have to be "good enough" in order to join. I'm reflecting by the example Jesus gave us, he went into the homes of these people that would not be acceptable to do in our modern, typical church goer's lives. He also flattened out the "status quo", of the time, rebuking them because their hearts were in the wrong place. Sure, they did the "technicals" externally correct, but they were far worse then the simple man, who admitted his faults and flaw's. The latter, he's being honest with others, and to himself, the former, they are justifying their sinful nature and actions, thinking it's all right with God.

I face more opposition from those that are supposed to be of the faith, then I do of people that want nothing to do with it. I've seen some great things done by non believers, and I've seen some horrendus things done by self proclaimed "believers", and when I try to correct the latter, I get excuses how they can justify their actions. Wrong is wrong, scripture or no scripture, it's all the same.

So, going back to that example you pointed out, what does it say? And what's my message to those new to the faith....we are all equally screw up's, it's entirely by grace we are saved, and that alone.

Those that look down at their fellow man because they have not accepted the grace yet, one is forced to realize, the game is not over yet:

Matt 20:1-16 "For the Kingdom of Heaven is like a man who was the master of a household, who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard. When he had agreed with the laborers for a denarius a day, he sent them into his vineyard. He went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace. To them he said, ‘You also go into the vineyard, and whatever is right I will give you.’ So they went their way. Again he went out about the sixth and the ninth hour, and did likewise. About the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle. He said to them, ‘Why do you stand here all day idle?’ "They said to him, ‘Because no one has hired us.’ "He said to them, ‘You also go into the vineyard, and you will receive whatever is right.’ When evening had come, the lord of the vineyard said to his steward, ‘Call the laborers and pay them their wages, beginning from the last to the first.’ "When those who were hired at about the eleventh hour came, they each received a denarius. When the first came, they supposed that they would receive more; and they likewise each received a denarius. When they received it, they murmured against the master of the household, saying, ‘These last have spent one hour, and you have made them equal to us, who have borne the burden of the day and the scorching heat!’ "But he answered one of them, ‘Friend, I am doing you no wrong. Didn’t you agree with me for a denarius? Take that which is yours, and go your way. It is my desire to give to this last just as much as to you. Isn’t it lawful for me to do what I want to with what I own? Or is your eye evil, because I am good?’ So the last will be first, and the first last. For many are called, but few are chosen."

And you see, the first, those represent those that have been "saved' early on in their lives, yet really, have they been saved, or are they just exposed to the truth early on in life. Obviously, the story shows this example of people are not rejoicing over the others being able to share in the gifts, they actually resent it, and that is hypocritical thinking. Take note, they are told "to GO", this represents being cast out of the kingdom. So, all of these people that are lording their lofty positions within the church, and shunning people outside of it, those are the ones that are actually not saved at all, in fact, they are worse then not saved since they make people think they represent the faith, when they clearly do not, their example puts people off and away from it, doing far more damage then any non believer ever has done.

We then get back to the basics here, one must forgive as one has been forgiven, and sadly, too many are not desiring to do this at all:

Matt 18:23-35 Therefore the Kingdom of Heaven is like a certain king, who wanted to reconcile accounts with his servants. When he had begun to reconcile, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents. But because he couldn’t pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, with his wife, his children, and all that he had, and payment to be made. The servant therefore fell down and kneeled before him, saying, ‘Lord, have patience with me, and I will repay you all!’ The lord of that servant, being moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt. "But that servant went out, and found one of his fellow servants, who owed him one hundred denarii, and he grabbed him, and took him by the throat, saying, ‘Pay me what you owe!’ "So his fellow servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, ‘Have patience with me, and I will repay you!’ He would not, but went and cast him into prison, until he should pay back that which was due. So when his fellow servants saw what was done, they were exceedingly sorry, and came and told to their lord all that was done. Then his lord called him in, and said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt, because you begged me. Shouldn’t you also have had mercy on your fellow servant, even as I had mercy on you?’ His lord was angry, and delivered him to the tormentors, until he should pay all that was due to him. So my heavenly Father will also do to you, if you don’t each forgive your brother from your hearts for his misdeeds."

Do not think for one moment, the Christian faith is easy, it's not at all, but it is just when properly practiced and applied. So, I take the story of the vinyard worker, and how am I to know when/if you, as a non believer at present, are going to be called and you will follow it, thus I cannot judge, and tell you that you are going to hell. With the passage from Luke, how can I tell what is going on in your heart, even though externally, there may not be a picture perfect living situation, what happens when one merely confesses and repents...it's all wiped away and there is a clean slate, so again, I cannot judge that person. What happens if I deal wrongly with someone in or outside of the faith, I am judged for my actions due to that, so if you are in, or out, makes no matter.
Old Sep 05, 2011, 03:48 PM
Joined May 2008
749 Posts
Wow, you certainly have your reward!
Old Sep 05, 2011, 04:54 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,025 Posts
The difference is within the context of thinking here. In the worlds ways, it's always a system of labor and reward. You do a good deed, you get noticed by others and a pat on the back, you work a job, you get a paycheck, and it's all about how much you do, that you receive the reward from.

If you read in scripture, it specifically tells us that what we do on our own, what ever good works we've done, are all rubbish. That we cannot earn our way, nor earn our reward, and it's not about that at all, nor it is about our own personal salvation.

What happens is that you are automatically called, or pulled to do good things, it's in the core nature of the believer. It's just like breathing air, it's not done for a reward, it's just done, and it's specifically stating to keep what you do to yourself, in secret, not to be broadcasting what is being done. The reason is that it's not us that doing any of these things, its him doing these things through us, and at best, all we are doing is stepping to the side and being obedient.

At the same time, if I were to give you a million dollars, are you going to share some of it with your friends and family? The believer has something wonderful and they are told to share it, not that they have to be told, but it's not they are trying to oppress, or override someone else s views, it's just sharing the wealth, that's all, some of them just go about it the wrong way, and for that I send my apologies for them.