fred
Flazo is offline Find More Posts by Flazo
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2011, 01:13 AM
TEAM EXTREME!
High Prairie, WA
Joined Nov 2007
1,713 Posts
Extreme Flight EXP Trio by Daniel Holman (7 min 13 sec)

EXTREME FLIGHT 48" Extra 300EXP Retirement flights (8 min 23 sec)

Not sure what else to say. The new 60" lineup is even better! It just doesn't get any better than the Extreme Flight EXP series!
danielph is offline Find More Posts by danielph
Old Sep 04, 2011, 05:49 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielph View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2mudCW8230

http://vimeo.com/28214462

Not sure what else to say. The new 60" lineup is even better! It just doesn't get any better than the Extreme Flight EXP series!
Thanks for the reply, and I am definitely gonna get an exp. One more question, how much flight time should I get out of 4s 2800 30c?
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Sep 04, 2011, 04:59 PM
TEAM EXTREME!
High Prairie, WA
Joined Nov 2007
1,713 Posts
You'll love them! Flight times with those packs should be around 7 minutes or so depending on your throttle management.
danielph is offline Find More Posts by danielph
Old Sep 04, 2011, 07:17 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,413 Posts
OK I flew the extreme flight 48 inch MXS, 48 edge, and 60 edge. Flew the 48inch 3dhs edge, 3dhs 59 slick, 3dhs 71 slick.

Well I had a blast flying them all!!!! My favorite EF plane was the 60inch edge and favorite 3dhs plane is the 71 slick.

Now all of these planes fly GREAT. Not one of them I was like ehhh . They all fly great(just different from one another)

Now how to compare the 60 edge and the 59 slick. Humm the 59 slick is smoother all around doing everything. The edge is much more violent and high energy. Both are super stable post stall. Both are easy to harrier and are solid doing it. Both hover like a champ. Both do very nice rolling harriers but do them differently. The edge has a bit more elevator and aileron authority but b/c of that it doesnt track anywhere near as good as the slick. The slick hads more rudder authority. I am almost to the point of saying I NEED both!
losifanatic is online now Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Sep 09, 2011, 02:40 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,153 Posts
yea one of each is the ticket..60 edge and one must never,ever,ever be without at least one AJ Slick..EVER
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:07 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,915 Posts
I havn't flown a Slick, it always seems like every time I am ready to get one they are out of stock so I get something else. My favorite plane of all time is without a doubt the EF 60" Edge, it's as violent as you want, as tame as you want. One minute you can fly it like a foamy, the next in the wind with good precision. It's so stable and predictable with no bad habits and capable of anything you can throw at it. I'm sure the Slicks are awsome, I mean look at the following they have had from day 1. But I can guarantee you will not be unhappy with the 60" Edge, it's nothing but pure fun. I'm sure either way you can't go wrong. One other plus for the Edge, it's forty bucks cheaper. That's like a free servo.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Oct 17, 2011, 02:55 AM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 2009
2,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Now how to compare the 60 edge and the 59 slick. Humm the 59 slick is smoother all around doing everything. The edge is much more violent and high energy. Both are super stable post stall. Both are easy to harrier and are solid doing it. Both hover like a champ. Both do very nice rolling harriers but do them differently. The edge has a bit more elevator and aileron authority but b/c of that it doesnt track anywhere near as good as the slick. The slick hads more rudder authority. I am almost to the point of saying I NEED both!
Comment like this costs me money.

Probably will give the 60" Edge a try.

Vien
vienquach is online now Find More Posts by vienquach
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:29 AM
Space guzzler...
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2010
200 Posts
OK, dammit I think you guys just pushed me over the EDGE...

I must add this plane to my fleet! (have the 88" Extra and love it)
liftytim is offline Find More Posts by liftytim
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:39 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,455 Posts
Everything Jetinterriorguy says about the 60" Edge EXP is absolutely true.

The 60" Edge is the easiest 3D plane I have ever flown. Manta came down for a visit and had Powerline's 60" Edge EXP in the truck, so we bound it up to Manta's radio and made a video. We guessed at the throws, and since it was a different radio from what I was used to, we guessed at the expo too.

Basically I had to trim it, learn the plane, and get the video all in one shot. OK, granted, I have a lot of experience with the 48" Edge EXP, but this was a diffeent plane and one that I absolutely could not afford to wreck. Still, it is so easy and so confidence inspiring that after an initial trim check I just forgot about any of that and simply flew it.

So, to be clear, not bragging about my flying, but I am bragging that the plane is so good that it allowed to to become so cpomfortable and confident so instantly that we could make a video we aren't ashamed of...............

Once again, a big thanks to Powerlines for lending us the plane. At first I was afraid to fly it because he wasn't there, so Manta called him and put me on the phone with him. Powerlines simply says "I'm gonna be mad if you don't fly it real hard." That put me at ease, and allowed me to relax and enjoy the plane, so thanks again, Powerlines.

On the other hand, the 60" Extra EXP is pretty darned easy too. Funny thing is, I think it might be even a litte floatier than the Edge. I haven't been flying it because I have been so busy with other planes, but I plan to get some serious beatdown time with it soon.

Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Mar 04, 2012, 02:45 PM
Space guzzler...
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2010
200 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to put my order in today. Ordered servos and bits n pieces last night.

Tim
liftytim is offline Find More Posts by liftytim