HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 02, 2011, 09:36 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLT67 View Post
What batteries do you already have? If you have 4S 2200's I would go with the EF 48" Edge. If you have 4S 2650's then go with the 51" Slick.

MLT
using 4S 2800 30C's in the 48" edge they work perfectly.....
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2011, 09:38 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,437 Posts
the 2800s would be sweet in the 51 slick and honestly a bit better suited. Though with any good 3D plane a little extra weight isnt going to hurt a thing!
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Sep 02, 2011, 09:42 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Im no Doc Austin for sure but here is a video of my 59 slick when I first got it. Being new I was still a bit twitchy with it.
That's some damm fine flying.

Imagine how good you would be if you had an Extreme Flight plane!
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Sep 02, 2011, 09:43 PM
It's just a hobby
USA, GA, Hoschton
Joined Nov 2005
10,200 Posts
I ran 2650's in my EF 48" Extra and I liked the 2200's better but that's just me. I even run 3S 2200's in my 48" Edge with the 13x6.5 - not the most powerful setup but it's very fun to fly that light..

Guess you could just flip a coin
MLT67 is offline Find More Posts by MLT67
Old Sep 02, 2011, 09:44 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
That's some damm fine flying.

Imagine how good you would be if you had an Extreme Flight plane!
I will find out this weekend!!!!

I just dont have the uhmmmm "dangly things" to be as high energy as you. I do attempt it every now and then but scare my self to much then I go and change my shorts

Also thank you that means alot coming from you!
Old Sep 02, 2011, 09:55 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post

I'm just wondering which airframe is the most exciting to fly

You will definitely get differing opinions on that. Clearly though you are looking at the best airframes in the electric 3D world.

Any of the 48 EXPs are totally worthwhile flying machines. Small, cheap, fit in the car in one piece balls-to-the wall sickness. Extra is most all around of the bunch. Edge is most 3D and MXS is fast and tumbley.

I love my 48s but I do think the 60" Edge and Extra are about the best thing going in the electric realm.

I'm an EF nut and I hope a 3DHS guy will give you some similar opinions.

BTW, nice flying Losi!
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Sep 02, 2011, 10:41 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
You will definitely get differing opinions on that. Clearly though you are looking at the best airframes in the electric 3D world.

Any of the 48 EXPs are totally worthwhile flying machines. Small, cheap, fit in the car in one piece balls-to-the wall sickness. Extra is most all around of the bunch. Edge is most 3D and MXS is fast and tumbley.

I love my 48s but I do think the 60" Edge and Extra are about the best thing going in the electric realm.

I'm an EF nut and I hope a 3DHS guy will give you some similar opinions.

BTW, nice flying Losi!
Thanks for the reply I have narrowed it down to the edge 540 48 and 60 inch and the slick 51.......by the way the edge flys great with the 2800 batteries, and you get better flight time. PS my my dad is using the motor and esc that came with the 48 edge, but what prop should we run, right now we are running a 12 by 6 apc
Old Sep 02, 2011, 10:54 PM
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
12/6apc on 4s is the best setup.
Old Sep 02, 2011, 11:02 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
12/6apc on 4s is the best setup.
Ok thanks
Old Sep 02, 2011, 11:26 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,592 Posts
here's a question....if one already has a 71 Slick, does it fly similarly enough to a 60exp that it would make sense to get a 48exp instead just for something different?
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Sep 02, 2011, 11:59 PM
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
here's a question....if one already has a 71 Slick, does it fly similarly enough to a 60exp that it would make sense to get a 48exp instead just for something different?
That is an interesting question! Tough to answer without more Slick time. However, I could guarantee you that the 48" MXS would be nothing like any of the current 60s or the 71 Slick.
Old Sep 03, 2011, 12:34 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,186 Posts
Such an easy question, the 59" Slick!

Slicks have been through many revisions and improvements aerodynamically, and the 59 Slick is the latest. It's been tested to provide the super high level of performance AJ continues to seek in a pretty darn accessible package.

...flying anything else is like guiding a bowl of warm tapioca...

theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Sep 03, 2011, 10:05 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
Such an easy question, the 59" Slick!

Slicks have been through many revisions and improvements aerodynamically, and the 59 Slick is the latest. It's been tested to provide the super high level of performance AJ continues to seek in a pretty darn accessible package.

...flying anything else is like guiding a bowl of warm tapioca...

hahaha, and the bowl of tapioca is back.

i think (and this is a purely subjective and probably wrong opinion ) if you really like precision, its hard to be the 59 slick. it flies such nice lines and is on rails all the time. i have the 104 slick and its the best thing i have ever flown, and the 59 is exactly a smaller package of it. it also balls up amazingly well and is super stable in post stall flight.

youve got a tough decision to make, you really cant go wrong with any of them. my advise is if at all possible, find a group of people that have those planes and take a flight on them and see what you think
rcbirk21 is online now Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Old Sep 03, 2011, 11:46 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21 View Post

i think (and this is a purely subjective and probably wrong opinion ) if you really like precision, its hard to be the 59 slick. it flies such nice lines and is on rails all the time. i have the 104 slick and its the best thing i have ever flown, and the 59 is exactly a smaller package of it. it also balls up amazingly well and is super stable in post stall flight.

youve got a tough decision to make, you really cant go wrong with any of them. my advise is if at all possible, find a group of people that have those planes and take a flight on them and see what you think
We should be doing that later today
Old Sep 03, 2011, 06:24 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21 View Post

I flew my dads 48 edge exp today about 6 times, and i am beginning to absolutely love it, but the 59 slick and the 60 edge exp are also looking pretty good too

What i am looking for is an airframe that is relatively precise, but can really 3d well.

thanks for the reply