HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 22, 2011, 04:12 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelmaa View Post
I actually reversed the servo locations and put the elevator servo right underneath the elevator stabilizer with the arm pointing down. No problem getting max throws. I am also using an elongated servo arm but its not maxed out. Don't know exactly the amount of throw but it stops dead in a wall and does tight KE Spins.
I also reversed the servo locations and have my extended arm right up next to the hor stab, but I was thinking of lowering the servo even more for a slightly longer arm. I am getting max throws now but would like to try a little more just to see if I like it a little better. Either that or I will put the linkage in the hole closest to the elevator and then make the cutout in the fuse a little bigger to allow more elevator movement. I'm not trying to say this plane isn't fantastic just the way it is I'm just curious if a little more elevator deflection would change it all that much. I don't know if I'm going to do any of this for sure, just mostly thinking about it.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2011, 04:28 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
I also reversed the servo locations and have my extended arm right up next to the hor stab, but I was thinking of lowering the servo even more for a slightly longer arm. I am getting max throws now but would like to try a little more just to see if I like it a little better. Either that or I will put the linkage in the hole closest to the elevator and then make the cutout in the fuse a little bigger to allow more elevator movement. I'm not trying to say this plane isn't fantastic just the way it is I'm just curious if a little more elevator deflection would change it all that much. I don't know if I'm going to do any of this for sure, just mostly thinking about it.
Hey Jet. When you are saying that you have your extended arm right up next to the hor. stab, does this mean that the arm is pointed up, and just brushing the bottom of the hor. stab. I have mine opposite. The arm is pointed down. Makes for a weird angle but the plane, being as light as it is, is'nt affected and it might increase your throws some. I am also using Dubro connectors, the kind that are included with the 3DH kits, which allows for free rotation. Using HS 65 MG's
stevelmaa is offline Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Sep 22, 2011, 05:31 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelmaa View Post
Hey Jet. When you are saying that you have your extended arm right up next to the hor. stab, does this mean that the arm is pointed up, and just brushing the bottom of the hor. stab. I have mine opposite. The arm is pointed down. Makes for a weird angle but the plane, being as light as it is, is'nt affected and it might increase your throws some. I am also using Dubro connectors, the kind that are included with the 3DH kits, which allows for free rotation. Using HS 65 MG's
Yeah it's pointed up and it just clears the underside of the hor stab. Hmm, I might try going down with it, the reason I didn't go this route before is I thought it was just too much of an angle and once the angle of the arm is turned so far it just pulls the horn forward instead of causing the horn to rotate around the axis of the elevator hinge. I don't know if this is a good explanation or not.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 05:53 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,693 Posts
Perfectly good explanation and thats what I thought also. I think I have just the right length of modified servo arm and control horn though that its just under that scenario. Even with that happening however the throw up and down, at least to me, is a lot more than the other way. I also used the Control Horns Twisted Hobbys "A"
http://shop.twistedhobbys.com/Contro...Mounts_c17.htm
also. Which might make a difference . Did not like the stock control horns so ordered those also. Had to dremmel off the little tab in front but they hold up well.
stevelmaa is offline Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Sep 22, 2011, 09:10 PM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,383 Posts
Ok Guys... My Extra Slick All lit up!!!!!
I heard twistedhobbys was doing their own Lighting system... So I did My own.

Michael Wargo Flies the TwistedHobbys Extra Slick at night (3 min 49 sec)
mtwargo is offline Find More Posts by mtwargo
Old Sep 22, 2011, 09:53 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Very nice Mike... Which lights did you use ?
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 22, 2011, 09:54 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
Looks good Michael! Coming to E Nall?
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Sep 23, 2011, 05:16 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,958 Posts
I was looking at the plane last night and decided not to modify it any further for more elevator deflection. On down elevator it's already as far as the bevel in the stab/elevator will allow and I'm not going to cut them apart and rebevel. Not that big a deal, it flies most excellent just as is. I did cut off the piece of cf that I had put in as a tail skid and made a new one out of piano wire, the cf one was getting ground down too much already. I also noticed that the piece of EPP for the tail skid kept flexing as the plane sat so I added a piece of flat cf through the skid into the fuse to keep it straight.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:28 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Nice vid mtwargo, the lighting system looks great, makes me want to have a go at that for the dark winter nights. The music and the editing all goes together nicely with some nice flying. How much weight does the lighting add? it doesn't look like it makes much difference to the flying.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Sep 23, 2011, 04:16 PM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,383 Posts
these lights were from hobbyking... Lumifly.... And Herc... I will not be at enall... can't make it! Bummer. I am so busy at work.
mtwargo is offline Find More Posts by mtwargo
Old Sep 23, 2011, 04:48 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
these lights were from hobbyking... Lumifly.... And Herc... I will not be at enall... can't make it! Bummer. I am so busy at work.
Thanks !
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2011, 07:32 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,958 Posts
Well it finally wasn't raining this morning, and no fog so I got out early for a half dozen flights. I have been running my plane with a 5% throttle curve because the motor stutters just a little at startup, so just for the fun of it today I disabled the throttle curve and wow, all of a sudden all my slow high alpha stuff started to come around. I have been struggling a little with harriers, I had to fly at a pretty low aoa and at a little faster speed than I like. Now with no throttle curve I can go slower and a little higher aoa and like it much better. This airplane is just so responsive at very low throttle that the throttle curve was messing it up, I'm liking it even better now.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 03:23 PM
Skullbone RC
Texas
Joined Nov 2009
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCredneck View Post
Just ordered this, SWEET!!!!!
...and she's arrived, WOO-HOO!! Won't get to start on her till tomorrow but it looks killer.
RCredneck is offline Find More Posts by RCredneck
Old Sep 25, 2011, 07:04 AM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Congrats on the new bird.

Mike great vid!
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Old Sep 25, 2011, 07:55 AM
I like the violent stuff!
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,187 Posts
I love my Telink Yak and was going to order a backup. Now I'm thinking about this one instead. From what I've read on this thread, the Slick is an improvement over the Yak. Hard to believe, but is that the feeling most have? Thanks guys!
Wingin' Wayne is online now Find More Posts by Wingin' Wayne