HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:09 PM
Hardcore EP 3D Flyer
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Aug 2012
533 Posts
these airplanes look like a good upgrade to my 39" Rc factory RS-352 as my daily practice airplanes. RS-352 is a great model but the tail is too flimsy, it wiggles a lot. I believed Telink 44" extra will fly more precisely.

I planed to use turnigy SK3 3530 motor with 11X4.7, 2 3S 1000mah natotech batteries in parallel (I have a bagfull of them for my RS-352), I will mount them on the side ,one on each side, so there will be no balance issue.
VR Eyedoc is offline Find More Posts by VR Eyedoc
Last edited by VR Eyedoc; Nov 07, 2012 at 07:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:48 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,110 Posts
that is a very clever solution!
uptime4downtime is offline Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skywing 38" Build Instructions
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:44 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
2,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Eyedoc View Post
these airplanes look like a good upgrade to my 39" Rc factory RS-352 as my daily practice airplanes. RS-352 is a great model but the tail is too flimsy, it wiggles a lot. I believed Telink 44" extra will fly more precisely.

I planed to use turnigy SK3 3530 motor with 11X4.7, 2 3S 1000mah natotech batteries in parallel (I have a bagfull of them for my RS-352), I will mount them on the side ,one on each side, so there will be no balance issue.
I find this plane to be amazingly precise, shocking actually for such are large profile plane. The rudder is very stiff, has incredible rudder authority. This was my first Telink, maidened it just a couple weeks ago, already thinking of building the SU-29.
Bloosee is offline Find More Posts by Bloosee
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:12 AM
I like the violent stuff!
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,211 Posts
This plane will do it all. I put it on low rates and let a 70 year old, old school gas flyer give her a pull. He sport flew it for about 4 minutes, then said this is too easy I'm bored! Yes it even does good precision flying, love this plane!
Wingin' Wayne is online now Find More Posts by Wingin' Wayne
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:58 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,903 Posts
Been flying mine a lot the past couple weeks, with a low KV motor and a 12x3.8 SF prop, lots of fun.
cdee
cdee is online now Find More Posts by cdee
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:50 PM
Hardcore EP 3D Flyer
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Aug 2012
533 Posts
I couldn't complete registration and order with my Canadian address on TH website, anybody know if they ship to Canada? I email them twice, but never heard anything form them.
VR Eyedoc is offline Find More Posts by VR Eyedoc
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:48 PM
Swartz Creek, MI.
Joined Dec 2010
311 Posts
The slick is my "GO TO" plane.

Gotta Love It !!!!!!!!!!!

Bill B.
wjb111 is offline Find More Posts by wjb111
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:00 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Love the pooch does he go too
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:03 PM
Swartz Creek, MI.
Joined Dec 2010
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris... View Post
Love the pooch does he go too

LOL

Yes he does. Actually went to the RC club/field today & he sat in the back of my Cherokee with the hatch open the whole time without a wimper. The other guys can't believe he just hangs out without any fuss.

Bill B.

#mansbestfriend
wjb111 is offline Find More Posts by wjb111
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:25 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjb111 View Post
LOL

Yes he does. Actually went to the RC club/field today & he sat in the back of my Cherokee with the hatch open the whole time without a wimper. The other guys can't believe he just hangs out without any fuss.

Bill B.

#mansbestfriend
When you have a Dog that acts like that your on to a winner !
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:08 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
Joined Jan 2012
2,880 Posts
Anyone have both this plane AND the Telink SU29? If you do can you compare them for me? I love this plane, if the SU29 flies different, I'll get than one too! If its the same there's no point.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:04 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,110 Posts
I have both. To me, the SU I described as 'a locked in aerobat' - I guess, meaning it flies precise also, and in my case, a bit less floaty feeling. I have a different motor setup on the SU (omega 72) - but I like both planes. I actually just ordered a red su-29 as I like it so much. The edge for me is more floaty, snappy, while the SU files a bit faster for me etc. Not sure that helps, but someone else might chip in. If you want totally different, get the 3d Buster. Put servo arm extensions and prepare for fun.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:12 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
Joined Jan 2012
2,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptime4downtime View Post
I have both. To me, the SU I described as 'a locked in aerobat' - I guess, meaning it flies precise also, and in my case, a bit less floaty feeling. I have a different motor setup on the SU (omega 72) - but I like both planes. I actually just ordered a red su-29 as I like it so much. The edge for me is more floaty, snappy, while the SU files a bit faster for me etc. Not sure that helps, but someone else might chip in. If you want totally different, get the 3d Buster. Put servo arm extensions and prepare for fun.
Thanks, did you mean Extra, not Edge? To me the Extra Slick is really floaty and pretty darn easy to fly (and loads of fun), I'm sort of hoping the SU would be a little more challenging like my 3DHS 41" Edge and SHP.

Is the Omega a direct fit on the aluminum motor mount?

I'm interested in the 3D buster BUT being it's a biplane it would be really cumbersome to store and transport. Lets hope TH has a Black Friday blowout!
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:35 AM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,110 Posts
Yes, the edge and slick are the same, just different colour scheme. The su does fly different in my opinion. More of a slicer. I don't use the alumount, but I expect it would work? Others may know. The buster is smaller wingspan, so a sort of midsize airframe, but it is a bipe so flies differerently of course. I find the SU more challenging, and kind of like that. To me, it's a bit bigger feeling in the air even tho the Slick is bigger physically.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:26 PM
USA, CA, San Juan Capistrano
Joined Dec 2010
213 Posts
I have a quick question, if anyone here could help out I'd appreciate it... I'm almost done with building one of these, but I'm not sure what to do on this one part. In the picture, should I cut the wood to glue in the control horn or should I cut the horn to fit around the wood? Thanks
3dflyboy1 is offline Find More Posts by 3dflyboy1