to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2011, 02:58 PM
Conductor
Portland, Maine
Joined Dec 2010
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Realm View Post
No but do you guys want a larger brighter system for your big Slicks, we can.

Don't know about you guys but I vote "yes"
IronHorse442 is offline Find More Posts by IronHorse442
Old Sep 21, 2011, 05:28 AM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
I vote yes, wait I need to build one of these first
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Old Sep 21, 2011, 01:34 PM
3D Wanna Be
Oahu, Hawaii
Joined Jul 2009
3,296 Posts
Going through the build pics and noticed a dubro arm being used for the elevator, is this necessary? Or was it used to get more elevator throw? It also looks as if it's sitting on the elevator.
sk8rob is offline Find More Posts by sk8rob
Old Sep 21, 2011, 02:00 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
Yep, I wanted the maximum amount of throw possible. Try it without first and see how it goes.
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Sep 21, 2011, 02:09 PM
3D Wanna Be
Oahu, Hawaii
Joined Jul 2009
3,296 Posts
the one I flew felt like it needed a little more elevator for my liking too. I'll be doing the same mod as you, just wasn't sure if the arm was needed to get more throw.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 02:50 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Just had a look back thru the build pics myself too. Looking forward to getting on with ours but the vote has gone with the 3D Buster first.

Herc of all the things to notice in your pics it is nothing to do with the Slick lol. How thick is all that ply on your bench? Been sorting out my workshop/shed for a while now so I've noticed myself checking out everybody workshops in their pics.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Sep 21, 2011, 03:19 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Apr 2010
1,704 Posts
subscribed
stickybeatz is offline Find More Posts by stickybeatz
Old Sep 21, 2011, 03:25 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, SC, Greenville
Joined Nov 2009
224 Posts
Just got mine in today. Ordered it Sunday and its already here. Should have this built by the weekend.
cbriggs11 is offline Find More Posts by cbriggs11
Old Sep 21, 2011, 05:23 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rob View Post
the one I flew felt like it needed a little more elevator for my liking too. I'll be doing the same mod as you, just wasn't sure if the arm was needed to get more throw.
I have my elevator maxed out with a longer arm I made from some fiberglass sheet that I have and I'm thinking of moving the servo down to get a longer arm on and then carving out the fuse to allow more elevator deflection yet. The main reason I'm considering this is so I can do elevators more easily. Anybody tried this, and if so did it help? It might make it tumble even better too, this is the way my EF Exp planes are and I really like the 70 degree elevator deflection.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:57 AM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Just had a look back thru the build pics myself too. Looking forward to getting on with ours but the vote has gone with the 3D Buster first.

Herc of all the things to notice in your pics it is nothing to do with the Slick lol. How thick is all that ply on your bench? Been sorting out my workshop/shed for a while now so I've noticed myself checking out everybody workshops in their pics.
Lol. I bought that bench from a guy who built it and decided to immediately build another and make a few changes. I thought it was too short. I hate bending over to build. So, I added about 3" to the height and quite a bit to the size with layering ply. Stiff as heck too!
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Last edited by hercdriver7777; Sep 22, 2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:27 AM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
I have my elevator maxed out with a longer arm I made from some fiberglass sheet that I have and I'm thinking of moving the servo down to get a longer arm on and then carving out the fuse to allow more elevator deflection yet. The main reason I'm considering this is so I can do elevators more easily. Anybody tried this, and if so did it help? It might make it tumble even better too, this is the way my EF Exp planes are and I really like the 70 degree elevator deflection.
I actually reversed the servo locations and put the elevator servo right underneath the elevator stabilizer with the arm pointing down. No problem getting max throws. I am also using an elongated servo arm but its not maxed out. Don't know exactly the amount of throw but it stops dead in a wall and does tight KE Spins.
stevelmaa is offline Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Sep 22, 2011, 12:19 PM
3D Wanna Be
Oahu, Hawaii
Joined Jul 2009
3,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
I plan on doing the mod in the build pics....carve out the fuse and possibly a longer servo arm if I can't the deflection I want with the stock arm. I want more throw so I can do tighter rolling loops.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 01:06 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,708 Posts
You could also cut the stabilizer to make counterbalances on the elevator. Then add stout carbon rods to reinforce it. I did that to a different full fuselage foamie and it did great. Just a thought. I've thought about doing it to this but I'm getting all the throw I need.
stevelmaa is offline Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Sep 22, 2011, 03:19 PM
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined May 2006
161 Posts
Sorry was thinking something else
2006rfarmer is offline Find More Posts by 2006rfarmer