Very nice.

Looks like your having far too much fun there
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2011, 02:08 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,757 Posts
Great video Herc and thanks. Decided to switch out the lighter Omega 72 gram motor for the heavier 103 gram motor. Left the 35 amp Airboss ESC in, its what I fly in the SU 29 with same motor and handles it fine. Using HS 65 MG's and 1800 25c lipos. Moved the batts back about an inch. Pleasantly surprized on the difference. Still nice and floaty, more punch, and my upright wingrock is greatly decreased. Quite happy with the results and am going to leave it as is.
Steve
stevelmaa is online now Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Sep 05, 2011, 02:29 PM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post

Oh WOW very nice Herc! Totally loved it and nice dig on that recovery I love the rollers with this birds sharp and crisp.

Just wanted to comment on all the difference weight setups you can run on these birds. We favor the lighter setup ie 1500-1800mah with an 70g out-runner though you can see Chris is running a 2200mah pack and our 70g motor also a Alum motor mount to which his cg isn't an issue. These Telinks models are pretty forgiving when it comes to different weight power systems without any adverse effects. Hope you guys are having fun with your Extra Slicks as much as we do, all of us here are glad to have them apart of the Telink line up.

Enjoy guys!
Brad
Twisted Realm is offline Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Twisted Realm; Jul 18, 2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old Sep 05, 2011, 04:10 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,757 Posts
I am surprized and pleased at how tight of a KE spin I can get out of this thing, especially for a lightweight foamie. Great job Brad and crew. On a side note, sure would like to see you guys work on a classic Edge style,straight LE wing. Just a thought. I like Edges.
Steve
stevelmaa is online now Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Sep 05, 2011, 06:24 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
5,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelmaa View Post
I am surprized and pleased at how tight of a KE spin I can get out of this thing, especially for a lightweight foamie. Great job Brad and crew. On a side note, sure would like to see you guys work on a classic Edge style,straight LE wing. Just a thought. I like Edges.
Steve
That's two of us now. We'll be waiting.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Sep 05, 2011, 06:28 PM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,245 Posts
Steve thank you, glad you are enjoying your Extra Slick. We are working on a smaller EPP Edge (flat foil) with David Kyjovsky, prototypes are already being flown and production isn't far off. As all good fun designs seem to breed and grow I do see larger Edge's in the future.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 05, 2011, 06:50 PM
United States, SC, Spartanburg
Joined Jan 2006
12 Posts
Here is some short video of my flight with Chris Jewets Twisted hobbys Telink Extra Slick. I have flown all of the Telink planes and each have their good points, but over all the new extra slick seems to be an over all better plane.

Brad Petty Telink Extra Slick (2 min 27 sec)
Petty3D is offline Find More Posts by Petty3D
Old Sep 05, 2011, 09:28 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, SC, Greenville
Joined Nov 2009
224 Posts
WOOOOOOOOO....... Anybody want some Dominos and a medium drink. What do you mean its the wrong Dominos.
cbriggs11 is offline Find More Posts by cbriggs11
Old Sep 05, 2011, 09:31 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, SC, Greenville
Joined Nov 2009
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Realm View Post
Steve thank you, glad you are enjoying your Extra Slick. We are working on a smaller EPP Edge (flat foil) with David Kyjovsky, prototypes are already being flown and production isn't far off. As all good fun designs seem to breed and grow I do see larger Edge's in the future.
WOW. More planes in the pipe. MAN TWISTED HOBBYS IS ROLLING EM OUT. Awesome work Brad. I was able to get my hands on the extra slick for one flight this weekend and its a real winner. I love how these planes keep getting closer and closer to the real thing. Thanks for kicking out such wonderful stuff. Im going to place an order for mine either this week or next. Cant wait
cbriggs11 is offline Find More Posts by cbriggs11
Old Sep 06, 2011, 06:27 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
5,006 Posts
So far in the last four days I have racked up 48 flights and just can't get enough. I met a new guy at the school yard yester day who is relatively new to this hobby and he couldn't believe just how nice this thing can fly. It's so nice to have a plane that I don't worry about destroying when pushing the envelope. I am really learning to refine my stick movements with this plane and it's already teaching me a lot. One thing I have started doing that's fun, while doing a low[like less than a foot off the ground] wot ke pass just go up into a ke loop and right back into the low ke pass. It did cost me a wing tip when I cartwheeled it on the first try, but after that it was no problem getting it figured out. It's just so fun to fly this thing it's definitely my go to plane, due to it's toughness, flyability, and convenience to just grab and go.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Sep 06, 2011, 10:01 AM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,245 Posts
Excellent flying Brad, she looks very comfortable in your hands.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 06, 2011, 10:57 AM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Great vidz guys!
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Old Sep 06, 2011, 03:13 PM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,508 Posts
Awesome Videos Guys.... I expect nothing LEss from CHris! Great going... I am loving mine. Have about 8 flights on it and it is just a cut above I think... They all fly great, but this design is my favorite..
mtwargo is offline Find More Posts by mtwargo
Old Sep 06, 2011, 07:15 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbriggs11 View Post
WOW. More planes in the pipe. MAN TWISTED HOBBYS IS ROLLING EM OUT. Awesome work Brad. I was able to get my hands on the extra slick for one flight this weekend and its a real winner. I love how these planes keep getting closer and closer to the real thing. Thanks for kicking out such wonderful stuff. Im going to place an order for mine either this week or next. Cant wait
If you hadn't spent so much time trying to burn down my workshop that day we would have gotten a video of you flying it too. Guess that will have to wait for E-Nall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
Awesome Videos Guys.... I expect nothing LEss from CHris! Great going... I am loving mine. Have about 8 flights on it and it is just a cut above I think... They all fly great, but this design is my favorite..
Thanks Mike! I'm looking forward to seeing you fly it.
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Sep 06, 2011, 07:29 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,332 Posts
I have had several people ask me what the main differences are in the new Telink Extra Slick compared with the Yak 55 and SU29.

Well it is pretty easy to explain the difference:

1. The Extra Slick has more fuse area and more fuse area in the right place for good 3D characteristics. It also has taller fin (or fin to rear fuse ratio) which makes high alpha, high G, spins and tumbles easier to control. And last but not least, it has SFGs.

2. What all that results in is a plane that flies more similar to the larger balsa planes that we all are flying here in the States. It will be more familiar to those flying Extreme Flight or 3DHS type of planes. Conversely, skills learned with the Extra Slick will translate well back to the balsa side too.

3. Excitement level for me on this plane through the roof. When I am flying it I am saying in my mind, "Hell ya, this is exactly what I was looking for in an EPP"! For me now, the concept of Simulator to Telink to Balsa is totally complete and I am happy as a clam with this plane in my lineup.

I have a feeling that Brad will not be able to keep these in stock. They look good, fly good and make a tone of sense.

** Note on the color scheme: It looks fantastic in the air! Trust me on that..
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777