HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2011, 01:36 PM
Joined Jul 2005
928 Posts
New Product
Zaerotech Z33V2 Mini Sloper

Hi All,
I've kept fairly quiet on the new V2. Mostly because its nuts here. But also because it is a bit of a departure, and I wanted to thrash it out well before pix were posted.

Delivery is pushed out to September 15th, as final development and instructions have been delayed due to a flood of Z22 and Z55 orders after the Aufwind review.

So here is the first set of pix. These are just a sample of pre-production shots, so small details have changed a bit. The wing is essentially the proven V1 section and basic planform, with slight differences in construction.

Price remains $70 plus $15 priority post for domestic delivery. All hardware is included, pre-cut and pre-bent, and it breaks down to fit in a standard briefcase.

Cheers,
Kevin
KJMDES is offline Find More Posts by KJMDES
Last edited by KJMDES; Aug 31, 2011 at 03:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2011, 04:20 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2011
120 Posts
Hi Kevin,

It looks really great. As always The wait will be worth it.

Cheers,

Peter.
phomann is offline Find More Posts by phomann
Old Aug 31, 2011, 05:25 PM
Joined Jul 2005
928 Posts
Thanks Peter
Old Aug 31, 2011, 07:45 PM
Japan, Tokyo, Chofu
Joined Aug 2011
39 Posts
Perfect little portable sloper that I can travel with on the train here in Japan, I don`t mind the wait. keep up the outstanding design work,the V2 looks amazing.
Best Regards
Jon M.
silversurfer9679 is offline Find More Posts by silversurfer9679
Old Aug 31, 2011, 07:53 PM
PWP!
USA, HI, Makawao
Joined Oct 2002
3,901 Posts
I only count 20 pieces for that fuse. You weren't kidding when you said minimalist.
ajroahkni is offline Find More Posts by ajroahkni
Old Aug 31, 2011, 09:11 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2011
120 Posts
Hi Kevin,

I plan to use the HS-5065 servos. What battery and Spektrum receiver to you recommend?

Cheers,

Peter
phomann is offline Find More Posts by phomann
Old Sep 01, 2011, 01:54 PM
Joined Jul 2005
928 Posts
Thanks Jon. Send pix of your site, and where exactly it is (unless a secret)

Good servo Peter. The MKS 450,470,etc is also a good choice. Half the price when HK has them in stock. Although I am not sure why I am promoting MKS. The US distributor has no interest in dealing with Zaero. Even to buy quantity.
Bad JuJu.............Good servos

You can use a 1/3AA flat pac, 200ma+LiFE, 250-300 2S LiPo with regulator.

Any end-connector 6ch Spektrum will fit.

There is a fair amount of volume in the fuse. I wanted to give builders a good platform for a diverse electronics suite, as well as a warmliner option.

Cheers,
Kevin
Last edited by KJMDES; Sep 01, 2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old Sep 04, 2011, 01:27 PM
Gear Up And Locked
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Feb 2011
41 Posts
Wingspan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJMDES View Post
Thanks Jon. Send pix of your site, and where exactly it is (unless a secret)

Good servo Peter. The MKS 450,470,etc is also a good choice. Half the price when HK has them in stock. Although I am not sure why I am promoting MKS. The US distributor has no interest in dealing with Zaero. Even to buy quantity.
Bad JuJu.............Good servos

You can use a 1/3AA flat pac, 200ma+LiFE, 250-300 2S LiPo with regulator.

Any end-connector 6ch Spektrum will fit.

There is a fair amount of volume in the fuse. I wanted to give builders a good platform for a diverse electronics suite, as well as a warmliner option.

Cheers,
Kevin
Hello Kevin,

Big Talon fan here. I've built a few Talons. It's one of my favorite slopers. I really like Mini Z33 V2. What is the overall wingspan? I really like you're designs.

Thanks,
Wicker Bill
wicker_Bill is offline Find More Posts by wicker_Bill
Old Sep 04, 2011, 02:05 PM
User
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,582 Posts
Hi Bill,

I'll jump in here and see if I can answer your question for you. If Kevin's naming conventions are consistent - which wouldn't surprise me at all, then it probably has a 33" span, or really close to it. With my Zip 55 the wingspan is 55". Now I could be completely incorrect here... Kevin?

Oh yes, and Kevin, would you quit tempting me with these fine pieces of engineering? (She looks great!)

Rob

Hey Bill, just pulled this image from Kevin's site, and here's the direct URL for the building instructions. The image came from the last page http://www.zaerotech.com/z33_cm_pr1.pdf
robh is online now Find More Posts by robh
Last edited by robh; Sep 04, 2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old Sep 04, 2011, 02:51 PM
Joined Jul 2005
928 Posts
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the comments. I'm still dreaming and CADing on the Zalon. Next year is the current plan. I've stashed two Talons myself. Vintage at this point

Correct on all counts, but I've yet to post the V2 instructions. As usual, they will be the last to become available. Wing construction is similar.

Doing the final CG work on the 33 today, and if the weather holds, should have some nice slermal conditions to play with.

Looks good for a mid-month production run at this point. I start a move to larger digs on the 15th, so I'm pushing to launch it as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Kevin
Old Sep 05, 2011, 03:29 AM
Gear Up And Locked
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Feb 2011
41 Posts
33 inch Wingspan

Quote:
Originally Posted by robh View Post
Hi Bill,

I'll jump in here and see if I can answer your question for you. If Kevin's naming conventions are consistent - which wouldn't surprise me at all, then it probably has a 33" span, or really close to it. With my Zip 55 the wingspan is 55". Now I could be completely incorrect here... Kevin?

Oh yes, and Kevin, would you quit tempting me with these fine pieces of engineering? (She looks great!)

Rob

Hey Bill, just pulled this image from Kevin's site, and here's the direct URL for the building instructions. The image came from the last page http://www.zaerotech.com/z33_cm_pr1.pdf
Thanks Guys,

I appreciate the reply's on the wingspan. It's definately on my build list. I like the build design of the fuse. It sure reminds me of my last V tailed talon. I still have a Talon kit but I use it for templates. I build scratch cuz there;s no more Talon kits.

Wicker Bill
wicker_Bill is offline Find More Posts by wicker_Bill
Old Sep 05, 2011, 04:24 PM
Joined Jul 2005
928 Posts
V2 Video

Hey All,
Here is a short vid on a nice 5-8 knot slermal day

Zaerotech Z33V2 Pre-Production Slope Sailplane (2 min 3 sec)

Cheers,
Kevin
Old Sep 05, 2011, 06:18 PM
User
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,582 Posts
She looks great Kevin, tracks nicely, looks like she wants to do everything and go up! Very intriguing...thanks for posting the video!
robh is online now Find More Posts by robh
Old Sep 05, 2011, 11:24 PM
Dave Massongill
yucaipa, ca
Joined Dec 2003
1,354 Posts
Making my mouth water!!!
masson74 is offline Find More Posts by masson74
Old Sep 06, 2011, 11:47 AM
PWP!
USA, HI, Makawao
Joined Oct 2002
3,901 Posts
Wow - was that Sunday? Looks great, some nice, sharp turns.
ajroahkni is offline Find More Posts by ajroahkni