HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:43 AM
Brighto?
United States, DE, Newark
Joined Dec 2003
695 Posts
Discussion
Octoberfest Vintage Event October 8 and 9, 2011

The Cloud Kings RC Club of Oxford, PA is hosting Octoberfest, a vintage event for VR/CS and SAM airplanes on the Columbus Day weekend. Any airplane designed, built, published or flown prior to January 1, 1976 is eligible. The featured activities are:
VR/CS Class II and Class III pattern.
VR/CS Concours judging plus the 2011 theme design, the Joe Bridi Kaos in all it's forms.
SAM Concours judging.
Special event; Bill Northrop's Big John design judging and mass flight on Saturday. Duster and Galloping John are also welcome.
Open flying all day Saturday and Sunday.
Lunch available on the field
Tailgate sale
Saturday evening banquet
Pilot registration $15.

Lodging is available at the Best Western Inn, North East, MD. Twenty rooms have been set aside for the event. When you call, tell them you are attending the Vintage RC Society event to get the $75/night rate. You MUST make your reservation not later than September 15 to get the special rate. The Inn is approximately 15 miles south of the field.

The Saturday evening banquet will be held at The Wellwood. They have a wide selection of items; the food and service is top rate. If you intend to attend the banquet, I must have your confirmation on the number of guests by September 24. The Wellwood is six miles from the hotel.

For more information, see the attached flyer.
Mike Denest is offline Find More Posts by Mike Denest
Last edited by Mike Denest; Sep 09, 2011 at 11:31 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2011, 03:06 PM
AMA7224 LSF1832
United States, DE, Seaford
Joined Sep 2008
3,532 Posts
This just a fly-in or are you running SAM events such as Brown Jr or Ignition LER? No mufflers on antique engines? What is the old timer electric event?

I know, question,questions. I'm attending but just wondering.
Leadchucker is offline Find More Posts by Leadchucker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The Eagle has landed
Old Sep 01, 2011, 12:48 PM
Brighto?
Joined Dec 2003
695 Posts
It's a fly in event, just fly what you bring. There will be a Concours event for SAM airplanes.
Old Sep 08, 2011, 09:10 PM
AMA7224 LSF1832
Joined Sep 2008
3,532 Posts
Thank you for the reply. I managed to get Saturday off so hopefully I'll have a couple planes there.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 08, 2011, 10:08 PM
Canada, ON, Caledonia
Joined Aug 2007
2,864 Posts
Sounds like alot of fun, have a good time guy's. Someone take a camera.............Warren!

Bill
williame3590 is online now Find More Posts by williame3590
Old Sep 09, 2011, 11:34 AM
Brighto?
Joined Dec 2003
695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by williame3590 View Post
Sounds like alot of fun, have a good time guy's. Someone take a camera.............Warren!

Bill
Well come on down and we can get you in some pictures.

I replaced the flyer with an information package containing directions, hotel and dinner information, etc. See my first post in the thread.
Old Oct 01, 2011, 09:23 AM
Brighto?
Joined Dec 2003
695 Posts
One week to go for Octoberfest. So far, the weather looks great, temperatures in the mid 70's and mild. Don't forget to bring your Kaos and Big John.
Old Oct 06, 2011, 09:42 AM
Brighto?
Joined Dec 2003
695 Posts
Friday - sunny, mid 70's and light winds
Saturday - sunny, 77 and light winds
Sunday - sunny, 80 and light winds

Lots of vendors with goodies to sell, a great lunch provided by one of the members and lots of flying. Don't miss a great event!
Old Oct 07, 2011, 06:33 PM
"Butchering Balsa since 1971"
USA, TX, McKinney
Joined Dec 2003
1,062 Posts
Wish I was there doggone it...ya'll have fun!!
CashRC is online now Find More Posts by CashRC
Old Oct 09, 2011, 09:20 AM
AMA7224 LSF1832
Joined Sep 2008
3,532 Posts
A well done to Mike and crew for a very nice event. We had absolutely fabulous autumn weather with blue bird skies,light winds and temperatures in the mid 70's. There were lots of very nicely done and well flown vintage and old timer aircraft with a number of Goldberg Falcons,DeBolt Live Wire Champs, Bridi Kaos,three or so Bill Northrup Big Johns and others. The site was nice on a knob above the Octorora Creek valley with a well manicured grass landing strip. If y'all didn't get to this one, you missed a good time. I didn't take any photos as there were cameras enough clicking all about and I'm sure some will get posted here.

Thanks again to Mike and the Cloud King R/C Club for a great day of flying
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:07 AM
Brighto?
Joined Dec 2003
695 Posts
Thanks LC, everyone enjoyed the event and we sure will do it again. I'll have some photos posted here in a few days.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:33 PM
Brighto?
Joined Dec 2003
695 Posts
Octoberfest Pictures

Rather than me spending a bunch of time loading pictures, go here to our club web site.

Special thanks to our AMA District III VP Bob Brown, AMA District II VP Gary Fitch and AMA District IV AVP John Kirchstein for attending the event. Next time guys, bring a plane!

http://www.cloudkingsrc.org/gallery/...11-Octoberfest