HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Fish99, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 12:13 AM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,741 Posts
Discussion
WWI Addition to the Air Wing!

Well folks, my wife surprised me the other day and I have a new addition to the air force, the Parkzone S.E. 5a (Scout Experimental 5a) WWI British Bi-Plane fighter.

I was interested in this plane when it was announced, but did not think I would buy it, as I honestly wasn't looking for a WWI model. When she got this for me I was SOOO impressed with the looks of the model once I had it out, it truly is a beauty! Great job on the details, it just looks the part.

It's a little more involved for assembly than the typical PZ BNF airplane, mostly around the landing gear, but still dead simple. Still, I did up an Un-Box and Build Tips video for those that might be interested.

Here it is, enjoy,

Marlin

RAF SE 5a Unbox & Build (12 min 55 sec)
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2011, 08:00 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,741 Posts
Maiden Flight Video

Here is a video of my maiden flight(s). The initial was off of a paved running track. I used that flight to trim and check out the various flight characteristics of the plane. I then went to the flying club and did the second flight off the grass to see how it handled it on taxi, take off and landing. NO PROBLEM!

As you will be able to tell, I LOVE this plane. It's a definate keeper!

Marlin

RAF SE 5a Maiden Flights (12 min 15 sec)
Old Sep 19, 2011, 08:58 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,741 Posts
Here is another video, this time of me flying the SE 5a low and close. It is an absolutely wonderfull plane to fly. Dead easy to land and very controllable and predictable. I almost can't seem to stall it. Just a joy.

Marlin

RAF SE 5a Close in flying (3 min 53 sec)
Old Dec 17, 2011, 05:19 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,741 Posts
SE5a on SKIS!

Well, we had our snow finally a bit ago so I decided to put skis on my SE5a. I used the Dubro Park Flyer skis, not the smallest ones, but the size up that come individually, about 7 inches long. They work very well. I found the SPRING trying to tip the nose over so have decreased the toe up since this vid but they are very nice.

I have flown it quite a bit since then and REALLY like flying this one off skis, as it's just so easy to fly slow and low. Looks awesome.

Take care,

Marlin

Parkzone SE5a Maiden flight on Skis (3 min 26 sec)
Old Feb 24, 2012, 07:56 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,741 Posts
Touch and Go Practice on Skis

Well, went out on a Beauty day and put a couple lipos through this plane doing NOTHING but Touch and Gos and low fly bys. WHAT a great afternoon! This plane flys amazing down low and slow. I had the head mounted Contour HD going and got some great video of it and finally got around to editting up a post to my YouTube channel, justlostagain, flying addiction.

Even put a couple SLOW MO shots in there when it was up close.

What a great plane.

Marlin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9eqtLzo9dU
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:29 AM
Joined Nov 2011
1,473 Posts
Very nice marlin- I've got the pz alby and love it-that's it i'm getting skis for my alby for next winter! later bro-kevin.
kevin whitesell is offline Find More Posts by kevin whitesell
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 30, 2013, 11:18 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin whitesell View Post
Very nice marlin- I've got the pz alby and love it-that's it i'm getting skis for my alby for next winter! later bro-kevin.
I have a ton of fun flying off skis in the winter. Great way to keep up the stick skills and makes winters a lot more fun. You gotta do what you gotta do up here in the Great White North, eh!

M