HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 10, 2012, 08:20 AM
Berlin / Germany
Joined Feb 2010
685 Posts
Hi all, the T 580 Thread are closed. Anybody nowing what is going on ?
Mike
Rc Heli Halle is offline Find More Posts by Rc Heli Halle
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2012, 08:58 PM
Haidar
Malaysia, Selangor, Petaling Jaya
Joined Sep 2008
165 Posts
TEST REPORT on my T580P with DJI WKM:
This new FC is giving my T580P a reincarnation. A chance to live a second life as a better Quad. Thanks to bro Masam for the superb installation. I have tried using smaller props (12x4.7) but the extra headspeed is of no use as it drains the battery fast. Got only 2min30s on a 3000mAH 3S! So back to the original 14x4.5 props. These oversize props is ideal for the 400KV motors. It takes off at 40% stick position. I set the low voltage monitor of the WKM down to 10.20V for auto landing. But i found that it auto lands at 11.20V. Maybe thats why i got only 7mins flight time. Still chance of squeezing more V out of it. Will post new video soon.
haidar is offline Find More Posts by haidar
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:40 PM
ToucanWings.fr
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Jan 2008
139 Posts
@ RC Heli Halle: no idea why the T580 thread was closed.. maybe too many bad reviews and unhappy customers
I wasted 600$ on two T580, Lotus "never received" my faulty escs, and now I'm happy with my T580P+ only since I change all the electronics.. Frame and motors are really good though..
LucioleMC30 is offline Find More Posts by LucioleMC30
Old Jan 11, 2012, 06:13 AM
Suspended Account
UK, Buckinghamshire, High Wycombe
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc Heli Halle View Post
Hi all, the T 580 Thread are closed. Anybody nowing what is going on ?
Mike
you can only flog rehashed crap electronics for so long like the "new" fixed esc's that turned out to be t580p+ esc's from last year? ie the update was to add bullet connectors then tell everyone the new esc's had been updated? but please drill your t580 full of holes till it is structurally weak so enough cool air can get to the esc's and that way it wont flip lol

guess what? still flipped
n3m1s1s is offline Find More Posts by n3m1s1s
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:34 AM
Berlin / Germany
Joined Feb 2010
685 Posts
Hi all , Hello n3m1s1s,

when NEW escs are send out to Public or Tester and they dont work ( only my upper is blinking ) I cann drill Holes uncounted - no Lift at all.
What to do ???
Will try now this - programming TC Converter and implant in one of my T580s. Then normal escs and see what happens............
I am little boring for now, Try Try Try. Sorry...
But I am still waiting of a Lotus RC recall and better Parts for my T580.The hope dies last.
Mike
Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:07 AM
United Kingdom, England, Gt Lon
Joined Nov 2007
2,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3m1s1s View Post
you can only flog rehashed crap electronics for so long like the "new" fixed esc's that turned out to be t580p+ esc's from last year? ie the update was to add bullet connectors then tell everyone the new esc's had been updated? but please drill your t580 full of holes till it is structurally weak so enough cool air can get to the esc's and that way it wont flip lol

guess what? still flipped
Agreed, I wish lotusrc just sold the stuff they are good at which are motors and decent frames. Dump the electronics for more reputable electronics. After all when your flying your relying on your electronics along with many other things to keep you in the sky. If they fail, well your risking everything you have on your platform and if you use it for FPV like me then your risking even more plus a cam for recording. Failing to recognise this only means you will pick up the bill later on. It makes sense to get it right the first time and get good quality electronics e.g. DJI or MK.

You should be able to trust the electronics you buy and I dont trust lotusrc's. I guess if your willing to risk your whole platform then ok but when you spend a certain amount on it you tend to want electronics that are a little more reliable.
malcr001 is offline Find More Posts by malcr001
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:24 AM
Haidar
Joined Sep 2008
165 Posts
Quote:
Hi all , Hello n3m1s1s,

when NEW escs are send out to Public or Tester and they dont work ( only my upper is blinking ) I cann drill Holes uncounted - no Lift at all.
What to do ???
Will try now this - programming TC Converter and implant in one of my T580s. Then normal escs and see what happens............
I am little boring for now, Try Try Try. Sorry...
But I am still waiting of a Lotus RC recall and better Parts for my T580.The hope dies last.
Mike
No way they will recall. Better wake up and do like the rest of us..get new electronics and rest easy...
Old Jan 12, 2012, 05:21 AM
Haidar
Joined Sep 2008
165 Posts
Dear moderator. Thank you for the reminder on my pm.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 09:25 AM
United States, FL, Fort Pierce
Joined Sep 2011
36 Posts
Burned up ESC

Hi all. I finally got my replacement parts to fix my original T580, but must have done a bad job tightening the props. My initial flight ended when a prop spun off. I weighted down the copter to bench test the props but after a minute or so one of the control boards puffed smoke and two of the motors stopped spinning. I will trace the wires to see which ESC burned up, but my question for 490905002 or anyone else is...
Can I replace the older version burnt ESC with a new one or will I need to replace both since the ESC's have been upgraded? The other question I have is why did the first one go up in smoke? 490905002 (Ebon) used to be good at Skyping me but I have not seen her for some time.
Rustman is offline Find More Posts by Rustman
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:43 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustman View Post
Hi all. I finally got my replacement parts to fix my original T580, but must have done a bad job tightening the props. My initial flight ended when a prop spun off. I weighted down the copter to bench test the props but after a minute or so one of the control boards puffed smoke and two of the motors stopped spinning. I will trace the wires to see which ESC burned up, but my question for 490905002 or anyone else is...
Can I replace the older version burnt ESC with a new one or will I need to replace both since the ESC's have been upgraded? The other question I have is why did the first one go up in smoke? 490905002 (Ebon) used to be good at Skyping me but I have not seen her for some time.
if you bought an expensive cigar lit it up and after 3 mins it exploded in your face because it was a joke shop cigar would you go back and buy another one?

even if EVERYONE said "thats a joke shop you get toy stuff in there its not a tobacconist"

and if you would, would you expect the second cigar to be different from the 1st?

Lotusrc was lotus a brushless motor building company

lotus poached a guy who worked for xaircraft and got him to help them develop a SINGLE flight controller (maybe 2 esc's too) then either sacked him or let him get poached by someone else

the hardware and software he created maybe 2yrs ago is now well out of date, seen the size of that baro compared to the size of current tiny square baro on most flight controllers now?

there are no software updates coz there is no one there to write software he long gone

there is no way to tune the flight controller

no way to connect it to pc

no point in wasting money eh?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 01:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:

Mike
i think thats a good idea but you might want to change the flight controller to one day? unless you dont like fine tuning
Old Jan 13, 2012, 05:32 PM
Haidar
Joined Sep 2008
165 Posts
Quote:
The ESCs are cheap stuff bro, i got mine burnt too and it is from a T580P+ ! The slightess drag on the props will result in a burnt ESC.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 03:25 PM
United States, FL, Fort Pierce
Joined Sep 2011
36 Posts
Well I really don't have any choice but to repair it. I certainly won't get anything for it if the quad isn't operational. I realize I wouldn't be able to get anything near what I paid for it, but I would hope I could get more than the cost of the replacement parts. Then I'll just have to resist the temptation to fly it again before selling it. It's a shame too. I really do like the frame and camera mount
Have Ebon and Lotus RC stopped following these threads? They don't seem to be as available as they once were.
Rustman is offline Find More Posts by Rustman
Old Jan 18, 2012, 09:16 AM
Berlin / Germany
Joined Feb 2010
685 Posts
Funny Video from RCHHB

http://youtu.be/bc1fk7OVSis

MikeRCHHB
Old Jan 19, 2012, 09:49 AM
Haidar
Joined Sep 2008
165 Posts
Quote:
Well I really don't have any choice but to repair it. I certainly won't get anything for it if the quad isn't operational. I realize I wouldn't be able to get anything near what I paid for it, but I would hope I could get more than the cost of the replacement parts. Then I'll just have to resist the temptation to fly it again before selling it. It's a shame too. I really do like the frame and camera mount
Have Ebon and Lotus RC stopped following these threads? They don't seem to be as available as they once were.
Rustman, you can order the parts directly from Lotus. If you contact them, they will email you a parts list.