HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2011, 02:52 PM
United Kingdom, England, Gt Lon
Joined Nov 2007
2,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3m1s1s View Post
im sorry ya t580 messed itself up bruv i thought they would of sorted out the electronics for the new lot of t580s they released but i guess it really is just how i said it was ie brand new dress same old woman

want to kknow the absolute best way to get that bird up in the air again? DUMP THOSE ELECTRONICS and put in a real flight controller of your choice with real esc's and never worry about failed electronics AGAIN!!!

most of the people who were dead against CHANGING ANYTHING back in the day soon started adding multiwii and/or openpilot copter control boards to the t580 with cheap NORMAL esc's or after waiting months for replacement arms and kicking off because i bodge repaired my arms suddenly and quietly used alu or other material arms lol out of the original 25 sent out for free i would happily stake money on a gamble that more than 50% dont have 100% original parts anymore and IF and they are 100% original no mods at all YOU WONT HAVE SEEN A VIDEO OF THEM FLYING IN MONTHS! just check the youtube and vimeo accounts of the 25 testers to see what im talking about!

but back to getting you flying H, hows your soldering skills? if you have none i would maybe think about getting that t580 packed up to be sent back for a replacement! if you have any video footage to upload great upload it so they can see/hear what happened and that should help
100% agree rtf system electronics rarley work well, which is why I just wished they sold the frame separately!
malcr001 is offline Find More Posts by malcr001
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2011, 12:12 AM
Haidar
Malaysia, Selangor, Petaling Jaya
Joined Sep 2008
165 Posts
I dont see buyers of other brand of quads (Gaui 330x or others in similar price range) having this kind of defective product complaints.
haidar is offline Find More Posts by haidar
Old Sep 08, 2011, 03:15 AM
Berlin / Germany
Joined Feb 2010
685 Posts
GPS under Testing ????????????????
Anyone Hear something ??????????

Thanks Mike
Rc Heli Halle is offline Find More Posts by Rc Heli Halle
Old Sep 08, 2011, 04:56 AM
United Kingdom, York
Joined Apr 2011
864 Posts
I wish these cheap quad manufacturers would stop mentioning GPS when they are nowhere near getting it, and may never get it. They only mention GPS because they know everyone would want it because the more reliable companies already have GPS in theirs but cost ten times more. They know more people might buy their cheaper quadcopters on the basis that a GPS is 'coming soon'. I think it's a mean tactic and it would be better, and more honest, to announce you have GPS when you have working GPS.

Anyway, for me the T580 frame was never really the problem, though I did sawp the arms for aluminium like n3m1s1s said, but rather the electronics and unstable gyros making it wobble a lot - and the fact there's no way to adjust any settings. This 'new' version looks exactly the same in that regard.

Frame and box etc looks nice, and I may buy one if sold serperately and put a Gaui 344 or, better yet, an FY90Q or Hoverfly etc on it.
RC Flying UK is offline Find More Posts by RC Flying UK
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 08, 2011, 05:01 AM
Multi-Rotor Mad
UK
Joined Jul 2010
410 Posts
Judging by Alishamoa Videos the Fc is the same and it is showing some signs of wobbles.
QuadcoptersUk is offline Find More Posts by QuadcoptersUk
Old Sep 08, 2011, 10:19 AM
Haidar
Joined Sep 2008
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maljonic View Post
I wish these cheap quad manufacturers would stop mentioning GPS when they are nowhere near getting it, and may never get it. They only mention GPS because they know everyone would want it because the more reliable companies already have GPS in theirs but cost ten times more. They know more people might buy their cheaper quadcopters on the basis that a GPS is 'coming soon'. I think it's a mean tactic and it would be better, and more honest, to announce you have GPS when you have working GPS.

Anyway, for me the T580 frame was never really the problem, though I did sawp the arms for aluminium like n3m1s1s said, but rather the electronics and unstable gyros making it wobble a lot - and the fact there's no way to adjust any settings. This 'new' version looks exactly the same in that regard.

Frame and box etc looks nice, and I may buy one if sold serperately and put a Gaui 344 or, better yet, an FY90Q or Hoverfly etc on it.
Gaui has came out with a bigger quad. 550X i think, and they even sell it as a kit...bravo!
Old Sep 08, 2011, 11:01 AM
United Kingdom, York
Joined Apr 2011
864 Posts
I know, I'm quite a big Gaui fan. I would be a big T580 fan too, in principle it should be right up my street but they seem to keep redressing the same problems - updating stuff that doesn't really matter and ignoring stuff that does.
RC Flying UK is offline Find More Posts by RC Flying UK
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 08, 2011, 11:06 AM
Multi-Rotor Mad
UK
Joined Jul 2010
410 Posts
I have the Gaui 500X in stock and test flown this model and its very stable , also lots of power with the bigger motors and esc's .

Quote:
Originally Posted by haidar View Post
Gaui has came out with a bigger quad. 550X i think, and they even sell it as a kit...bravo!
QuadcoptersUk is offline Find More Posts by QuadcoptersUk
Old Sep 08, 2011, 03:50 PM
Suspended Account
UK, Buckinghamshire, High Wycombe
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
yep i really like the look of the new gaui from the few vids ive seen it flies goood too
n3m1s1s is offline Find More Posts by n3m1s1s
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 11, 2011, 09:48 AM
QuadCopters
Joined Sep 2011
7 Posts
Where can we buy the T580P Plus? And How Much?
rodisnow is offline Find More Posts by rodisnow
Old Sep 12, 2011, 05:15 AM
Suspended Account
UK, Buckinghamshire, High Wycombe
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodisnow View Post
Where can we buy the T580P Plus? And How Much?
did you read through this micro sized thread to see if you could find a link to a $540 quad anywhere?
n3m1s1s is offline Find More Posts by n3m1s1s
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 13, 2011, 01:19 PM
Haidar
Joined Sep 2008
165 Posts
hahaha... i like you nemisis!
Old Sep 13, 2011, 01:32 PM
United Kingdom, England, Gt Lon
Joined Nov 2007
2,646 Posts
Because lotusRC refuses just to sell me the frame I have resorted to buying the whole thing (because I think the frame is that awesome) but what worries me a bit is why isnt it named the same on the linked website?
malcr001 is offline Find More Posts by malcr001
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:26 AM
Haidar
Joined Sep 2008
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcr001 View Post
Because lotusRC refuses just to sell me the frame I have resorted to buying the whole thing (because I think the frame is that awesome) but what worries me a bit is why isnt it named the same on the linked website?
OMG! after all my problems with this quad, you still want the frame? You must really like the design.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 05:49 AM
Oopss. Oh well.
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,614 Posts
Hi Bro HD, good to see you here.

Yes, I have to admit, the design is good. The motor looks great too.
Here's the specs for the motor as told to me by their Rep:

KV = 400KV;
MAX power = 16*14.8=236.8Watt
Motors Can work with 3S up to 6S.
But I would recommend asking them again before you plug in 25 volts into the motors.

Stock ESC can only work with 3S battery.

Since the motor is only 400kv, thats probably why they use 14 inch props.

BB
borneobear is offline Find More Posts by borneobear