SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:53 PM
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aopen3434 View Post
if you are looking for a great frame light & durable the T580 is a good buy but if you looking for RTF Quad you will not be happy.
Why?My friend.
490905002 is offline Find More Posts by 490905002
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Jun 2012
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aopen3434 View Post
if you are looking for a great frame light & durable the T580 is a good buy but if you looking for RTF Quad you will not be happy.
I have had, maybe around 10 flights with my Lotus 580p+ and up to 24 mins flying time, with no problems, hardly any heat at all, the height hold works fine, I am happy so far. So seems the new one is better and more reliable then the old one.
denodan is offline Find More Posts by denodan
Old Sep 19, 2012, 02:42 PM
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
T580 positioning, aerial entry-practice machine.
Everything for beginners to practice convenient design.
Please understand, and support.
490905002 is offline Find More Posts by 490905002
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:48 PM
Joined Jul 2012
158 Posts
Mounted X flight mode T580
Name: T580 1.jpg
Views: 28
Size: 72.1 KB
Description:
Name: T580 2.jpg
Views: 33
Size: 62.6 KB
Description:
Name: T580 3.jpg
Views: 29
Size: 89.6 KB
Description:
LIUCHUNYAN is offline Find More Posts by LIUCHUNYAN
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:51 PM
Joined Jul 2012
158 Posts
The preparing work before flight

Battery: T580 basic power requirement is 3 s 2200 mAh 20 c power lithium battery, the biggest battery capacity can support to 10000 mAh, for battery voltage, only supports 3 s voltage is 11.1 V, do not use 4 s and above battery to T580 power supply, otherwise the machine electronic circuit will suffer permanent damage. Perhaps such technical parameters can't make users satisfied, but everything has advantage and disadvantages. T580 is entry level aerial load machine Pursuit is operation simple and easy to use, to flight stability and efficient. 3 s 2200 mAh 20 c battery club ownership will be the biggest, the price is reasonable, it is a very good choice.
Last edited by LIUCHUNYAN; Sep 21, 2012 at 04:23 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:37 AM
Joined Jun 2012
245 Posts
Just installed lights on my Lotus 580P+ and 5000 mah 3s battery. Here is the light display.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:14 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Apr 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by denodan View Post
Just installed lights on my Lotus 580P+ and 5000 mah 3s battery. Here is the light display.
Nice !!! what are you using to power the LEDs?
loquacious is online now Find More Posts by loquacious
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:15 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Apr 2012
204 Posts
I got my T580P+ today and am VERY disappointed, one of the motors does not spin up properly and can be easily stopped using your finger making it unflyable !!!
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:44 PM
Joined Jun 2012
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loquacious View Post
Nice !!! what are you using to power the LEDs?
Using Balance plug on Battery
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:46 PM
Joined Jun 2012
245 Posts
Quote:
I got my T580P+ today and am VERY disappointed, one of the motors does not spin up properly and can be easily stopped using your finger making it unflyable !!!

Hope you get it sorted out, or ask for help on here? Maybe someone knows what is causing it? Did you email Lotusrc?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:26 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Apr 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by denodan View Post
Hope you get it sorted out, or ask for help on here? Maybe someone knows what is causing it? Did you email Lotusrc?
I emailed the company I bought it from. They want a short video to show the factory. They also stated they tested it before shipping.

When I got it, the motor in question "stuck" when I tried spinning them all with my fingers. I noticed a small piece of copper wire sticking out which I removed and it spun freely, however it is this motor that when you drop throttle below 50% that can be easily stopped by a finger, seems to spin ok above 50% but I do not want to risk trying to fly it.
Last edited by loquacious; Sep 21, 2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:43 PM
Joined Jul 2012
158 Posts
Remote control equipment

General four channel proportion type wireless remote control equipment, it is the basic requirement of T580, only need four channel, the vehicle can be realized up and down, forward and backward, right and left lateral fly, spin around the three dimensional space action. According to different brand of remote control equipment, may need according to different channel sequence sequential connecting flight control plate to the receiver line . The arrangement of T580 fly control channel is consistent with the receiver line sequence of FUTABA .And in the use of the USA hand mode, 1, 2, 3, 4 channel is one-to-one, direct even as can be. Need to pay attention to the action channel forward and reverse Settings, please click T580 instruction guidance to do the corresponding adjustment.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:05 PM
Joined Jun 2012
245 Posts
I use a Devo 12s, and works well, it auto binds so no need for binding plug. The binding plug only needs to be used with Walkera TX's if you wish to clear the binding code number.

I like the hassle free binding of the Devo TX's
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:30 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Apr 2012
204 Posts
Lotus T580P+

Update on my issue with this quad. I swapped motors around to discover it does not seem to be the motor. Which ever motor I put on one particular arm spins slower than all the other motors. I put the "suspect" motor on a different arm and it worked fine. The motor I swapped it with then began spinning slower than the others but sped up if I applied right aileron. Now I am not sure at all what the problem is.
Last edited by loquacious; Sep 21, 2012 at 10:44 PM. Reason: More information
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:24 PM
Joined Jun 2012
245 Posts
Quote:
Update on my issue with this quad. I swapped motors around to discover it does not seem to be the motor. Which ever motor I put on one particular arm spins slower than all the other motors. I put the "suspect" motor on a different arm and it worked fine. The motor I swapped it with then began spinning slower than the others but sped up if I applied right aileron. Now I am not sure at all what the problem is.
Hope someone can help you?

I do fine if you throttle up to quick, seems the motors can spin at different speeds, but go over 50% and they even up.

I have had the odd problem where one motor would spin slower then the rest, or seemed to, by looking at my blades, as the orange ones have black tape on could see it, or looked to be. But drop the throttle, start up slow, and fine.

Seems if your too quick on the throttle can cause problems, but drop then start and fine. Anyone else found this?

Most of the time mine is fine, but you do have to watch this, but blades will very in speed anyway on quads it seems. Just maybe more noticeable on the lotus due to having big blades, and seems get over 50% throttle and this does not seem to be an issue. But If you start the throttle to quick can at times cause problems with motor speeds.