HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:11 PM
Joined Jun 2012
245 Posts
Is it ok to Use 5000 mAh 3s on the Lotus 580P+? I would assume this may give over 20 mins flight time. I am using a 4500 mAh and set my TX timer to 15 mins, so left charge on battery is around 11.30 volts.

I tried on the same battery, went over the 15 mins till the Lotus gave me the battery low warning and was 10.79 volts I think, so at a guess will be getting close to 20 mins on a 4500 mAh battery.

I am putting LED light strips on my, and camera mount, the battery I have is rated 35C so plenty of extra juice for any extras.
denodan is offline Find More Posts by denodan
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:51 PM
Joined Jun 2012
245 Posts
Also, can I make a suggestion to LotusRC? I am not to impressed with how the Landing skids just push into t Joints. The skids can drop out as they are only push fit, so taped mine up so there is no chance of this happening, Gluing them in is a much better option, but had no glue.

But as they are, it's not a good idea, you guys should have had metal, t Joins with screws to hold them in, not push fit and nothing holding them in. Your method is pretty poor and hope you either include some glue in future releases, or do as I suggested, do away with the rubber T joins and replace it with metal and screws.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:58 PM
United Kingdom, England, Gt Lon
Joined Nov 2007
2,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by denodan View Post
Also, can I make a suggestion to LotusRC? I am not to impressed with how the Landing skids just push into t Joints. The skids can drop out as they are only push fit, so taped mine up so there is no chance of this happening, Gluing them in is a much better option, but had no glue.

But as they are, it's not a good idea, you guys should have had metal, t Joins with screws to hold them in, not push fit and nothing holding them in. Your method is pretty poor and hope you either include some glue in future releases, or do as I suggested, do away with the rubber T joins and replace it with metal and screws.
Kind of agree, lotusrc changed the landing gear slightly so now the bottom bits fall off more easily. Before this didnt happen.
malcr001 is offline Find More Posts by malcr001
Old Aug 24, 2012, 07:46 PM
Joined Jun 2012
245 Posts
Just did a test got 24 mins on 4500 mAh then got the battery warning beep, when checking battery was 10.22 volts. Altitude hold works well, but you still have to fly it, and like Ali's videos you cannot let go of the aliron/elevator stick, but the throttle stick you can, so you still got to fly this baby, unlike I would say the more costly quads.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:43 PM
Joined Jul 2012
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcr001 View Post
Kind of agree, lotusrc changed the landing gear slightly so now the bottom bits fall off more easily. Before this didnt happen.
Please upload the piture . According to my experience, if confirm it is their problem .They will help you to deal with it .
LIUCHUNYAN is offline Find More Posts by LIUCHUNYAN
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:51 PM
Joined Jun 2012
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIUCHUNYAN View Post
Please upload the piture . According to my experience, if confirm it is their problem .They will help you to deal with it .
It is a design fault, you either got them tape it up, like I did, or glue them in. Just a push fit is no good as you with either lose one skid, ot both and taped my up.

We should not have to fix a design problem, and a picture does not show the problem..

It stands to reason, the skids being on the bottom and only a push fit, they are going to fall off with nothing securing them, they should have been designed to have a screw securing them, So Lotus if your listening and do change the skid design, would love to try it out. Just a push fit is very poor.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 06:45 AM
United Kingdom, England, Gt Lon
Joined Nov 2007
2,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIUCHUNYAN View Post
As denodan said its a design fault not a manufacturing fault. They put stupid heatshrink over the end of the landing gear now. This may make it a little tighter but the heatshrink comes right off when you disassemble the landing gear.
malcr001 is offline Find More Posts by malcr001
Old Aug 25, 2012, 07:33 AM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Jul 2006
615 Posts
My take on the LG T- joints being made of rubber and easily coming off was in order to prevent damage to the legs by absorbing some of the energy of a rough landing.
They seem a little too loose though, maybe a thicker rubber with a smaller diameter would do the trick to keep the skids in place.
Electrical tape seems to do the trick for me.
andrebandre is offline Find More Posts by andrebandre
Old Aug 25, 2012, 01:20 PM
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by denodan View Post
It is a design fault, you either got them tape it up, like I did, or glue them in. Just a push fit is no good as you with either lose one skid, ot both and taped my up.

We should not have to fix a design problem, and a picture does not show the problem..

It stands to reason, the skids being on the bottom and only a push fit, they are going to fall off with nothing securing them, they should have been designed to have a screw securing them, So Lotus if your listening and do change the skid design, would love to try it out. Just a push fit is very poor.
Great idea.
The LOTUSRC has joined non-slip sleeve. Rubber is relatively easy to aging, we have been thinking about the way this issue in June, has been handling perfect.
490905002 is offline Find More Posts by 490905002
Old Aug 25, 2012, 02:51 PM
Joined Jun 2012
245 Posts
I know if I did not tape mine up, they would fall off, as mine were not really tight enough to stay in, just too loose, to be secure and hold for to long without dropping out,
Old Aug 25, 2012, 09:37 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Mar 2012
300 Posts
Landing Gear Rubber Tees

I have glued my with cyano. I also have a wire twisted and glued to the top and bottom of the vertical leg as the outer carbon tube of the leg splits if bent to much.
HummingbirdRPV is offline Find More Posts by HummingbirdRPV
Old Sep 02, 2012, 12:58 AM
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HummingbirdRPV View Post
I have glued my with cyano. I also have a wire twisted and glued to the top and bottom of the vertical leg as the outer carbon tube of the leg splits if bent to much.
A great way.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:10 AM
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
New news.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 01:58 AM
Joined Jul 2012
158 Posts
Good News

T580 full series, V3.0 version of ESC , all can support to 5S voltage .We will give a module which will connect to the T580 full series of any products, you can connect with high voltage battery to enjoy violence flight.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 07:58 AM
Joined Jul 2012
158 Posts
The characteristic of LotusRC quadcopters

1.Simple operation ;
2.Long flight time ;
3.Stability;
4.A year maintains .