Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:12 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Wing rock: I had lots of wing rock when I started flying this plane but now I have none, it seems after flying a plane for awhile wing rock will go away.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Last edited by skarface; Jul 31, 2012 at 11:25 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:14 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
Cool, do you know what the hacker x-55 is putting into my servo's? I think it is 4.8v so even 5.5v would be a change for me.

Oh and once I get everything bind free (which will be the next time I fly) I will want to put 6.5v into my servo's.
According to Areo-Model the BEC output is 5V. http://www.aero-model.com/Hacker-Bru...B-Pro-ESC.aspx
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:19 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Ah thanks, still did not see where it said 5v though. Oh well.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:23 AM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
I dont experience any Wong rock while flying.

Quote:
Wing rock: I had lots of Wong rock when I started flying this plane but now I have none, it seems after flying a plane for awhile wing rock will go away.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:24 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
I dont experience any Wong rock while flying.
Haha stupid auto correct or something it did that to me the second time I typed wing rock but then I caught it, did not see the first one. just checked it, it wants to change it to Wong sometimes. Lol
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:35 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Ok this is what Ken said. "First off the Kv is the rpm per volt the motor wants to run at during full throttle. So the higher the Kv the smaller the prop needs to be. The 1000Kv needs to be kept to a 13x6.5 and I would say 45 to 50 amps is the max I would want to see, anymore than that could toast the motor.
Every motor size has it's limit with regards to the size prop (weight wise) it can spin efficiently. The 2815 and motors this size I believe is a 13x6.5, any larger and throttle response starts to suffer.

I think a 1000Kv and the 13x6.5 is going to be your best bet."

I knew what KV was but I told him I do not know what to expect from 850kv to 1000kv since I am new at this hobby.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:14 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:22 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webfeets View Post
I elected to go with the Omega 130, and WOT put a big grin on my face.

I'm still working on my timing with rolling harriers, but I can already tell this airplane will be easier to learn on for some reason.
Congrats on your maiden.

My feeling exactly right after my first 12 flights on mine with my Omega 130g. I am getting 6 minutes from my 35C Glacier 2200's, very happy with that too.

I am still working out the timing of the rolling harriers. I must not be used to the coloring because I normally roll left and turn right and I feel I am doing the same timing but I am rolling left or going straight.

I have not totally figured out the KE spin as I can only lock it in 3 out of 5 times. When locked in though it real nice. Seems to like a little right aileron. I sure am loving mine
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:00 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
Everytime I see something like this I am so curious about what they were gonna say.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:05 PM
Joined Aug 2011
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
I have not totally figured out the KE spin as I can only lock it in 3 out of 5 times. When locked in though it real nice. Seems to like a little right aileron. I sure am loving mine
Yeah, I tried a few KE spins and couldn't seem to lock it in yet. More practice and playing with the ailerons and I'll eventually get it.
webfeets is offline Find More Posts by webfeets
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:08 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Ok KE spins: full throttle, full up elevator, 1/4 or less left aileron, and 1/4 or less left rudder.

To much rudder and it will not Ke spin at all. I know with the 42" slick you can give full rudder and no aileron and it will KE spin.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:29 PM
Joined Aug 2011
8 Posts
Quote:
Ok KE spins: full throttle, full up elevator, 1/4 or less left aileron, and 1/4 or less left rudder.

To much rudder and it will not Ke spin at all. I know with the 42" slick you can give full rudder and no aileron and it will KE spin.
I'll give that a shot, thanks for the advice!
webfeets is offline Find More Posts by webfeets
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:31 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,186 Posts
Quote:

Except it does not NEED full throttle. I like to use less throttle because it actually does a tighter faster KE spin when you pulse it(it's also much easier on your equipment)
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Last edited by hone1er; Jul 31, 2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:33 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Except it does not NEED full throttle. I like to use less throttle because it actually does a tighter faster KE spin when you pulse it.
Ok Joe.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:35 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,186 Posts
Quote:
Ok Joe.
Well what do you know, my name really is Joe

Seriously though, my name is Joe LOL