SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 22, 2012, 04:14 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,271 Posts
I used the extended arm but am using the innermost holes on the rudder. If you are going to use the extended arms try and find the hole that is closest to the servo while still getting the desired throws.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2012, 04:42 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
I used the 3dhs arms on the rudder and elev, I put each connection in the middle hole. For the ailerons I just used the long arms that came with the hitec servo's and used the out most hole for that. Everything has been working well for me.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Jul 22, 2012, 05:20 PM
3D Addict
Merrimac, MA
Joined Jan 2006
1,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
Thanks. Just looking for some start times to work with when I maiden mine.
You may want to factor in the higher heat you have in TX. My times are based on 70 to 85 degree conditions here in Northern MA. I have found that it does make a difference.
alfabeast is offline Find More Posts by alfabeast
Old Jul 22, 2012, 05:27 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfabeast View Post
You may want to factor in the higher heat you have in TX. My times are based on 70 to 85 degree conditions here in Northern MA. I have found that it does make a difference.
Thanks, this is pretty much going to be flown at sunrise right before work. I am also thinking of adding a deflector like I had in my Extreme Fligh Extra for a little protection. One side only as the other has the ESC in the cooling path.
Ohio AV8TOR is online now Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:02 AM
Stick banger
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Oct 2004
1,031 Posts
The Omega 103g should not be overheating with a 13x6.5, I flew that combo for over a year and a half in the Arizona heat. Even mostly full throttle flights.

And obviously if you are used to flying a plane with a certain power level and put a weaker motor on it you won't be able to fly it exactly the same. The 103g would be pretty anemic on a 12x6 prop.
Ace4 is offline Find More Posts by Ace4
Old Jul 23, 2012, 02:39 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace4 View Post
The Omega 103g should not be overheating with a 13x6.5, I flew that combo for over a year and a half in the Arizona heat. Even mostly full throttle flights.

And obviously if you are used to flying a plane with a certain power level and put a weaker motor on it you won't be able to fly it exactly the same. The 103g would be pretty anemic on a 12x6 prop.
Ok well I bought motrofly 2815-850 and I am going to use a 14x7 if the motor still gets hot I will have an excuse to buy a ice 50 then, if it is my something wrong with my x-55 can I send it in or am I stuck with it?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:07 PM
Deer Park, Tx (East side of Houston)
Joined Oct 2009
152 Posts
More help please

Arrrrg...

Every bolt required for bolting pushrod ends to control horns is missing from my 47" SHP kit. I got 3 front wheels instead of 2 but somehow the extra wheel isn't much help

I seem to have washers, nuts, pushrod, pushrod end with ball joint in it. Just not any bolts.

Does anyone have a clue as to what size they are? I just emailed Noll hoping he can help me but incase I don't get a reply I thought perhaps somone here might know.

As near as I can measure the hole in control horn and in the ball in the pushrod end meansures .075" ID.

That is bigger than 0-80 bolt but smaller than 2-56. Is it a 1-64 or is it metric?
DanWard is offline Find More Posts by DanWard
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:13 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanWard View Post
Arrrrg...

Every bolt required for bolting pushrod ends to control horns is missing from my 47" SHP kit. I got 3 front wheels instead of 2 but somehow the extra wheel isn't much help

I seem to have washers, nuts, pushrod, pushrod end with ball joint in it. Just not any bolts.

Does anyone have a clue as to what size they are? I just emailed Noll hoping he can help me but incase I don't get a reply I thought perhaps somone here might know.

As near as I can measure the hole in control horn and in the ball in the pushrod end meansures .075" ID.

That is bigger than 0-80 bolt but smaller than 2-56. Is it a 1-64 or is it metric?
Noll will hook you up If you can't wait your local hobbyshop should have something
3Dplank is offline Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:59 PM
ADC Vinyl
SoCal-Rancho Santa Marg.
Joined Mar 2007
5,229 Posts
Quote:
Arrrrg...

PM me your info. if you like and I can send you some.

Rob
ADC
Fliprob17 is offline Find More Posts by Fliprob17
Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:36 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Quote:
Arrrrg...

I have swapped all my planes in this size range to ball end pushrods. I got several bags of M2 screws from Trimcraftaviationrc along with flat washers and M2 nuts. They work great in the ball links I have. Gino has $2.99 shipping in the US for any order and you will get your package in about 2 days.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:43 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
I guess I should join in now, just took advantage of the summer sale and have a 47 SHP (red) on the way. Ordered yesterday and it was shipped out the same day, WOW, that's pretty good.

Going to outfit it as follows.

Motrolfly 2815-950
ZTW 60A ESC
CC BEC (for the 6V output)
HS-65MG's on the ailerons
Savox 0255's on the elevator and rudder.

All of the above equipment is on hand except one 0255 servo, so very little extra cost.

Will spin a 14X7 prop but might prop down to a 13X6.5.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:24 AM
On loan to Texas
Joined Oct 2005
5,288 Posts
Well a little after midnight but I am all set to maiden my 47"SHP tomorrow morning before work.

I ordered the blue to match my 87" SHP and I did some photoshop today to duplicate the great graphics that FlipRob did for me on my 87 to use on my 47. Tonight I cut the flames to go on the top of the cowl and tomorrow I will take some pictures. I ordered a scaled down version of that great worn flying American Flag on the tail to match as well. I can't wait till I fly both (maybe this weekend) to get a side by side.

My G10 oversize servo arms have not come in yet but to my surprise I got pretty close to the posted movements but will add the rudder and elevator to get some more throw.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:32 AM
On loan to Texas
Joined Oct 2005
5,288 Posts
Couldn't wait here is how it's looking.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:33 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Sweet you have a 130g omega in this right?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:34 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Nice flames!