Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 24, 2011, 12:32 AM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
I just find it surprising that my VR-1 locks into harrier better than my SHP.
I don't. I sold my SHP as I preferred the VR-1. I also bought a 2nd VR-1 .

P.S. I'm not bagging out on the SHP. I loved it for a while but I prefer flying other planes now.
groovejet is online now Find More Posts by groovejet
Last edited by groovejet; Sep 24, 2011 at 12:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2011, 06:56 AM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejet View Post
I don't. I sold my SHP as I preferred the VR-1. I also bought a 2nd VR-1 .

P.S. I'm not bagging out on the SHP. I loved it for a while but I prefer flying other planes now.
those two planes are different animals, I use the shp as my "take chances plane." The shp helped me tremendously. The vr-1 is awesome for sure..
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Old Sep 24, 2011, 02:53 PM
Wichita,Ks
Joined Feb 2007
2,047 Posts
Is it me or has this plane been discontinued off of 3dhs website??

http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/Extras_c_224.html
brati4 is offline Find More Posts by brati4
Old Sep 24, 2011, 03:26 PM
United States, OK, Norman
Joined Mar 2010
1,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brati4 View Post
Is it me or has this plane been discontinued off of 3dhs website??

http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/Extras_c_224.html
It is just you....

The 47" is in the middle of a redesign only and will be back once they recieve the new design

A search of this thread as well as the Addict's thread would have told you that since this has been mentioned over and over... it just seems no one is able to use the search function or read the existing info already posted.
rdsok is offline Find More Posts by rdsok
Old Sep 24, 2011, 04:07 PM
Wichita,Ks
Joined Feb 2007
2,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsok View Post
It is just you....

The 47" is in the middle of a redesign only and will be back once they recieve the new design

A search of this thread as well as the Addict's thread would have told you that since this has been mentioned over and over... it just seems no one is able to use the search function or read the existing info already posted.
I'm sorry, just thought I'd ask the question after looking at the 3dhs site since I "thought " the experts were all here.

Sorry if I wasted your time and for asking a simple question.

Unsubscribed for asking a simple question.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 09:33 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brati4 View Post
I'm sorry, just thought I'd ask the question after looking at the 3dhs site since I "thought " the experts were all here.

Sorry if I wasted your time and for asking a simple question.

Unsubscribed for asking a simple question.
no stress, rdsok may have had a bad day or something. he's usually busy chasing spammers out of RCG

but indeedy the SHP will be back! it's too awesome a plane not to have around, so she'll be back possibly with tweaks. Will be fun.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Sep 24, 2011, 10:04 PM
Wichita,Ks
Joined Feb 2007
2,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
no stress, rdsok may have had a bad day or something. he's usually busy chasing spammers out of RCG

but indeedy the SHP will be back! it's too awesome a plane not to have around, so she'll be back possibly with tweaks. Will be fun.
Hard to improve a plane that is perfect already
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:12 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,796 Posts
Wrecked and Repaired!

Trashed my SHP yesterday at Newark, Ohio Throwdown, doing a WOT Hurricane 15 feet off the grass and snapped it in, pushing the diameter tighter. Was only a 20ft diameter circle. Was on the second loop when it snapped in and went straight down. Crack!

Thought it was Toast, but tonight I Fixed Angry and got the Fuse rebuilt in 2 hrs.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=32168
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Last edited by heritageflyer; Sep 26, 2011 at 09:18 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:55 PM
Team Hillbilly
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Glad to hear you got it back together. Mine is in retirement till I get a motor box. I'm really liking the 48" Edge substitute.
tominator06 is online now Find More Posts by tominator06
Old Sep 26, 2011, 09:17 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,796 Posts
Spare Parts??

Anyone have a (good and clean) Red Canopy and Right Wing they want to sell?
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Oct 03, 2011, 03:59 PM
Ta-dah!
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,462 Posts
Okay, time to join this thread again as I have one on the way.
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan
Old Oct 03, 2011, 04:37 PM
Mile High Pilot
USA, CO, Longmont
Joined Jun 2010
1,175 Posts
Happy to report that my SHP completed it's 65th hop yesterday, and it has become my comfort plane. Up high, I happy to turn it inside out with all the confidence in the world that I can recover if I have 75' of altitude (probably don't REALLY need that much, but that's where I fly).

I'm still not confident enough on stuff beyond stall to do anything down low (kind of disappointing to me, but that is a statement of pilot skill shortcomings not airframe shortcomings).

My plan is still to pick up a 330SC EPP bird eventually to work on some low altitude 3D, but paying my kids college tuition seems to be a little higher budget priority at the moment

After 65 flights (I know, still not very many by comparison to MOST of you, but its a lot for me given how little time I've had to fly this year), this plane still makes me grin every time I take off. It was funny yesterday, a guy I've never met know pulled up while I was flying it yesterday. He couldn't stop saying "wow". He took notes... hopefully watching the SHP inspires him to buy a trainer and learn to fly...

jc
milehighjc is offline Find More Posts by milehighjc
Old Oct 03, 2011, 06:24 PM
nov
Garage sale junkie
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Joined Sep 2008
507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighjc View Post
Happy to report that my SHP completed it's 65th hop yesterday, and it has become my comfort plane. Up high, I happy to turn it inside out with all the confidence in the world that I can recover if I have 75' of altitude (probably don't REALLY need that much, but that's where I fly).

I'm still not confident enough on stuff beyond stall to do anything down low (kind of disappointing to me, but that is a statement of pilot skill shortcomings not airframe shortcomings).

My plan is still to pick up a 330SC EPP bird eventually to work on some low altitude 3D, but paying my kids college tuition seems to be a little higher budget priority at the moment

After 65 flights (I know, still not very many by comparison to MOST of you, but its a lot for me given how little time I've had to fly this year), this plane still makes me grin every time I take off. It was funny yesterday, a guy I've never met know pulled up while I was flying it yesterday. He couldn't stop saying "wow". He took notes... hopefully watching the SHP inspires him to buy a trainer and learn to fly...

jc
Great plane isn't it I would say that this plane really shows you what having a plane that feels comfortable and dialed in is all about. After flying this for a couple years, it helped me feel better about flying the 51" slick or 57" extra - that is why it is such a popular plane. Don't get hung up on how much 3d flying you can do - I can only do a few manuvers myself but the thing that makes this plane and this hobby for that matter is that you enjoy the time out flying.
nov is offline Find More Posts by nov
Old Oct 10, 2011, 07:49 PM
Florida
Joined Jan 2010
496 Posts
My SHP has been getting tired lately (over 250 flights easily) and tonight I capped it off by hitting a stop sign. The damage isn't too severe but the plane is in dire need of refurbishment. I'm thinking that this would be a good chance to strip the covering, rebuild, and re-cover. I haven't covered a plane in over 15 years (I was 8 and if I must say I did a great job...) and I was thinking this would be a perfect chance to get the covering iron out again and go through the plane. It taught me the way of the harrier and because of it I am now comfortable in harriers in all attitudes and for that I want to get it back in the air, flying as it was when it was brand new.

Not really adding anything to this thread but I just wanted to say that this plane would normally be going to the trash but it's so good it just deserves to be resurrected and flown again!
94'325is is offline Find More Posts by 94'325is
Old Oct 10, 2011, 08:01 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94'325is View Post
My SHP has been getting tired lately (over 250 flights easily) and tonight I capped it off by hitting a stop sign. The damage isn't too severe but the plane is in dire need of refurbishment. I'm thinking that this would be a good chance to strip the covering, rebuild, and re-cover. I haven't covered a plane in over 15 years (I was 8 and if I must say I did a great job...) and I was thinking this would be a perfect chance to get the covering iron out again and go through the plane. It taught me the way of the harrier and because of it I am now comfortable in harriers in all attitudes and for that I want to get it back in the air, flying as it was when it was brand new.

Not really adding anything to this thread but I just wanted to say that this plane would normally be going to the trash but it's so good it just deserves to be resurrected and flown again!
After mine hit a... okay it hit the ground... we had to repair the leading edge of the wing and we recovered it red. We liked it so we continued. We put some red on the trailing edge of the other wing... then some on the elevators... then the rudder... the turtledeck... even the canopy! It looks pretty good too, I think.

3D Hobby Shop Extra 300 SHP__Tail Dunkin' (5 min 2 sec)

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540