HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 07, 2011, 08:02 AM
Registered User
94'325is's Avatar
Florida
Joined Jan 2010
496 Posts
That was some great flying, I really liked the snap at the end. I know it didn't work out too well but it looked cool. Hopefully it's fixable and you'll get it back in the air soon!
94'325is is offline Find More Posts by 94'325is
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2011, 04:33 PM
Team Hillbilly
tominator06's Avatar
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Well I forgot about taking this short clip of the Carnage. I believe I can repair the fuse one more time. I just need motor box now.
.
.
.
3dhs Extra 300 Shp - The Carnage Clip!! (0 min 20 sec)
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2011, 07:04 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Tom K.'s Avatar
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
Well I forgot about taking this short clip of the Carnage. I believe I can repair the fuse one more time. I just need motor box now.
.
.
.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjNFgjwXGAw
Very dramatic... yet very sad. It looks repairable though!

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2011, 07:59 PM
Team Hillbilly
tominator06's Avatar
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Yeah I'll get her back in the air. Just need to wait for a motor box. Probably going to grab a 48 edge to put my electronics in for now. Too nice of a plane not to fix for sure. I plan on putting the torque motor back in it when she gets rebuilt. The motrolfly will stay in the edge.
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2011, 10:16 AM
Got the Slickness
gabrielisrael's Avatar
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
Yeah I'll get her back in the air. Just need to wait for a motor box. Probably going to grab a 48 edge to put my electronics in for now. Too nice of a plane not to fix for sure. I plan on putting the torque motor back in it when she gets rebuilt. The motrolfly will stay in the edge.
Will you use your servos from the SHP?
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2011, 06:50 PM
Team Hillbilly
tominator06's Avatar
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Servos, motor, batteries, and receiver.
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2011, 01:25 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
heritageflyer's Avatar
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,853 Posts
Joe flying my 47 SHP

I let Joe have a spin on my 47 SHP yesterday at Saint Marys, WV FunFly.

First time Joe ever flew a 47 SHP! Little brother to his big 87 SHP.


3DHS 47" Extra 300 SHP (3 min 18 sec)
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:08 PM
Registered User
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Feb 2011
595 Posts
SHP not found in the 3DHS website?? I looked several times for it but could not find it listed....no longer available?

Flew mine today again....coooool, well mannered, fun to fly!!
allelectrik is offline Find More Posts by allelectrik
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:11 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
heritageflyer's Avatar
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,853 Posts
Will be back in October with new revisions. Heading into Build soon.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:34 AM
Registered User
ricoalonso's Avatar
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,474 Posts
Omega 103 replacement part?

I have Omega 103g in my SHP and I have been replacing bearings which I thought was damaged during bad landings I had. However, lately even when just after a few flights with no bad landing, I noticed the new (Boca) bearing got this rough noise again. So now I am wondering if my motor shaft is bad although I don't notice any wobble.

So my question is: Does anyone using the same motor know where I can get a replacement motor shaft? I check 3DHS and ADC, they seem not to have it in their catalog page.

Thanks.
Rico.
ricoalonso is online now Find More Posts by ricoalonso
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:44 AM
Not as Good as The Kid
Aeroplayin's Avatar
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoalonso View Post
I have Omega 103g in my SHP and I have been replacing bearings which I thought was damaged during bad landings I had. However, lately even when just after a few flights with no bad landing, I noticed the new (Boca) bearing got this rough noise again. So now I am wondering if my motor shaft is bad although I don't notice any wobble.

So my question is: Does anyone using the same motor know where I can get a replacement motor shaft? I check 3DHS and ADC, they seem not to have it in their catalog page.

Thanks.
Rico.
I'm not sure what noise you are hearing but I have three 103g motors and they made noise since the first dozen flights or so, and I am still beating them up pretty good. I actually bought the third motor thinking that I would have to replace one eventually, but never needed it, so I put it in another plane to replace a Reaper that had a bent shaft.

The motors run fine, no heat, a little noise, but they are as durable as anything I've seen in this class, and I own quite a few... Torque, Motrolfly, Reaper.... As I said, I don't know your particular circumstance, but if I were not getting any excessive heat, I would not worry about it considering the noise I have heard in all of my Omegas. I think some people fondly call it the Omega Death Rattle, but Omega uses top of the line bearings.
Aeroplayin is online now Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:55 AM
Registered User
ricoalonso's Avatar
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,474 Posts
well the noise sounds kind of rough compared to when I just installed the new bearings and if I compare it to the smoother noise I get from my Omega 72g. And I mean noise or sound while I turn the prop by hand.

When turning the prop by hand, the movement or the prop still feel smooth it just that I get concerned about the rough noise which was not there when the bearings were newly installed.

Thanks,
Rico.
ricoalonso is online now Find More Posts by ricoalonso
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:32 AM
Registered User
94'325is's Avatar
Florida
Joined Jan 2010
496 Posts
On my 103g I have a noise where if it's spinning slowly it sounds like it hits a 'rough' patch. Still spins freely, doesn't get hot and makes great power so I'm not too concerned.

You can hear it at the first part of this video:

100 0095 (1 min 40 sec)
94'325is is offline Find More Posts by 94'325is
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:42 AM
Not as Good as The Kid
Aeroplayin's Avatar
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoalonso View Post
well the noise sounds kind of rough compared to when I just installed the new bearings and if I compare it to the smoother noise I get from my Omega 72g. And I mean noise or sound while I turn the prop by hand.

When turning the prop by hand, the movement or the prop still feel smooth it just that I get concerned about the rough noise which was not there when the bearings were newly installed.

Thanks,
Rico.
Sure.... I certainly do not want to influence you to fly your plane with a motor that may be bad, and it would concern me too. But I would check for heat. If you don't have a laser temp meter, pull the battery plug first and feel the motor with your finger after a few variations from WOT to idle on the startup stand. You will know if it is hot. If you have to think about it, it is probably okay.
Aeroplayin is online now Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:47 AM
Registered User
ricoalonso's Avatar
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,474 Posts
Yup, that's exactly what I have... sounds like there is a rough spot. The motor does not seem to get too hot as I can keep my hands in there without getting burned. Well, maybe it's not a big deal afterall. Come to think of it, I could have saved all those money for the new bearings I replaced and already bought a new motor

Thanks.
Rico.

94 and Aeroplayin: Thanks for your inputs.
ricoalonso is online now Find More Posts by ricoalonso
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale 3DHS 47" Extra 300 SHP rdbell Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 10 Jul 29, 2013 10:39 PM
Sold 3DHS 47" Extra 300 SHP Red Brand New jdrennen03 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Aug 03, 2011 12:11 PM
Wanted Looking for the 3DHS 47" Extra 300 SHP - Red GlockDoc Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jul 16, 2011 01:14 PM
Wanted 3DHS Red Extra SHP v3 47" Cowl gms Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 0 Apr 19, 2011 09:59 PM