HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 30, 2011, 01:25 PM
3D Wanna Be
Oahu, Hawaii
Joined Jul 2009
3,296 Posts
he's a 3dhs hater now

i think 3dhs should start the threads for their planes, so they don't have to deal with temper tantrums.
sk8rob is offline Find More Posts by sk8rob
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2011, 01:28 PM
Team Hillbilly
Baltimore, Md
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Not really sure. I guess since he is an Extreme Flight Pilot now he felt the need to disassociate himself with 3dhs. I cannot speak for him so that is just an assumption on my part. I believe there are a few changes and a next generation Shp in the works so I'm sure there will be a new thread started for that anyway.
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
Old Aug 30, 2011, 02:34 PM
Team Hillbilly
Baltimore, Md
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Boy do I love my new charging setup. Friend of mine called and wanted me to go fly but I needed to charge 3 of my 4 packs. Didn't take long at all. 3 2200mah 3s packs took 3601 mah in 19 minutes. Quite a bit of that time was balancing too.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 05:15 PM
United States, OK, Norman
Joined Mar 2010
1,499 Posts
Just subscribing to the new V3 thread...
rdsok is offline Find More Posts by rdsok
Old Aug 30, 2011, 05:20 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,575 Posts
Wow... I didn't see the link to this one in the old SHP thread before it closed and started one of my own... I guess I'll go close that one now haha

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New Stuff!
Old Aug 30, 2011, 06:25 PM
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
Not really sure. I guess since he is an Extreme Flight Pilot now he felt the need to disassociate himself with 3dhs. I cannot speak for him so that is just an assumption on my part. I believe there are a few changes and a next generation Shp in the works so I'm sure there will be a new thread started for that anyway.
No reason to close a thread with good info in it just cause you don't fly the plane anymore. Only reason to do it is to be vindictive.
ambientech is offline Find More Posts by ambientech
Old Aug 30, 2011, 06:37 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,575 Posts
Well it's not like it's not there anymore. People can still view it for info.

In other news, whose looking forward to flying their SHP this weekend?

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New Stuff!
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:00 PM
Team Hillbilly
Baltimore, Md
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
I got 5 packs through mine today. 4 this morning with a couple friends and 1 this evening till my tail wheel broke off again. Hated to stop with charged packs in hand but I didn't want to hurt the rudder any more than it has been hurt. I'm not quite up to hover catching just yet. Have to get it fixed up for the next outing.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:18 PM
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
Well it's not like it's not there anymore. People can still view it for info.

In other news, whose looking forward to flying their SHP this weekend?

--Tom K.
It will disappear with no new posts. Will have to search for it.
ambientech is offline Find More Posts by ambientech
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:23 PM
Team Hillbilly
Baltimore, Md
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
If anyone has some specific posts from that thread that they want to keep handy I can post links in the first post of this thread to make it easier to find. Just a thought!!
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:25 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
5,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
If anyone has some specific posts from that thread that they want to keep handy I can post links in the first post of this thread to make it easier to find. Just a thought!!
And a good one.
Aeroplayin is online now Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:48 PM
Team Hillbilly
Baltimore, Md
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Ok I didn't realize till I uploaded it to youtube that my hatcam angle was a little off. I missed a sweet KE spin which is a move I've been struggling with. I seem to over correct when they don't start correctly. Anyway Here is one of todays flights. I added some control throw and still am adjusting the expo to match. Flying a Xoar 13x5 prop here on the Motrolfly 2815-1025kv. Nothing special just enjoying the awesomeness.
Recorded in 720p Hd
3dhobbyshop Extra 300 Shp - Enjoying a the afternoon. (5 min 2 sec)
Old Aug 30, 2011, 09:50 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
19,903 Posts
reasons why the original poster of the other thread closed it down?... don't know, don't care, it wont matter in the least... most people don't search through the thread for answers before asking questions, so as we answer the new questions this thread will fill up with all the info in new and exciting ways. it's always a bigger and brighter future
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Aug 30, 2011, 09:55 PM
Team Hillbilly
Baltimore, Md
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
reasons why the original poster of the other thread closed it down?... don't know, don't care, it wont matter in the least... most people don't search through the thread for answers before asking questions, so as we answer the new questions this thread will fill up with all the info in new and exciting ways. it's always a bigger and brighter future
Well said!!
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:31 PM
Crash and burn, huh Mav?
USA, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Aug 2010
995 Posts
Why would you bash Doc Austin? He wrote the thread, took the time to put up a lot of GREAT information about the plane, and always has time to answer questions. He flies Extreme Flight now, so he probably wants to talk about the planes he's flying now. What's the point of bashing someone for that?

If you've ever talked to him, Doc is a great guy who always has time to answer a question of offer up advice. I've asked him some of the dumbest questions that are probably common sense to any seasoned pilot, and he has always taken the time to walk me through all of my questions, just as he would with anyone else. He's helped me become a much better pilot through his threads and videos on here, along with the time he's taken to talk me through any issues I've had.

I'm not trying to start anything with anyone on here, but at the same time I think it is childish to trash someone because he decided to stop a thread that he started. It's his work. He put the time in. He's left it posted so you can still get the information from it, so I don't understand what complaint anyone could have.
Runnikee is offline Find More Posts by Runnikee