HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:06 PM
Aussies fly Down Under!
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Oct 2012
548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayonnair View Post
Out of curiosity, did he give any indication as to when the next container bearing gifts would come in?
Yes, he said a container is due within the next two weeks and apparently there is another one coming in right after it. Robs email to me:

"Hey Mark,

I know it's been a while. There's several factors at play, but most importantly we were just waiting on several different ARF kits to arrive from the overseas factory so we could complete our order with the local/USA warehouse/supplier and get everything on it's way over to us. We order 50+ planes at a time in all sizes and they come on a large forklift pallet about 8 feet long and 9 feet tall. Economically, we have to get everything shipped together. There were several different delays along the way, but it's finally all settled and we should see stuff within 10days +/-.

This typically is not the case, again, several different factors at play made this the longest wait period I've seen in the 7yrs. of selling 3DHS products. Once this shipment arrives, things should get back to normal and we'll have another one coming almost right after it."
Shirty is offline Find More Posts by Shirty
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:55 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
2,035 Posts
Shirty, that is awesome to hear. Looks like I might get my 72" extra before March after all, and maybe I can do a little shopping for a 59" slick . Thanks for sharing.
rayonnair is offline Find More Posts by rayonnair
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:01 PM
Aussies fly Down Under!
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Oct 2012
548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayonnair View Post
Shirty, that is awesome to hear. Looks like I might get my 72" extra before March after all, and maybe I can do a little shopping for a 59" slick . Thanks for sharing.
LOL - just maidened my 59 slick this week and am ordering a 72 extra also!

ps: u will LOVE the slick, best plane I have flown.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:51 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
2,035 Posts
Did up the BNIB red SHP that I picked up along with the blue from a fellow flyer a few months back. The blue is battle-scarred and feels "soft" in the sky, and after two heavy nose crunches and 3 (or is it 4?) replaced landing gears I figured it was time to retire it and bring out the new one, which is much crisper. Here's a very short highlight clip:

3DHS 47" Extra SHP - short clip (1 min 25 sec)

Man, it's really, really hard to fly these things close to the camera and get any usable footage at all.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:19 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
I got one of these today as well as a 70" slick from a fellow member. Got a great deal and this one is like brand new! Going to love flying these this summer!
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Last edited by IndyMatt; Feb 24, 2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:36 PM
StevieT.
United States, NC, Cary
Joined Apr 2011
369 Posts
I have a spare pair of blue wings with SFGs

I lost the fuselage when my elevator servo failed (stripped gears). I bought a whole replacement frame and transplanted all the internal organs.

The wings and wing tube from the first plane are in excellent condition. In fact, I even used the old wings for the first 12-15 flights on the new plane (I was waiting for some ADC vinyl for the new wings).
Randino is offline Find More Posts by Randino
Old Feb 21, 2013, 05:49 PM
StevieT.
United States, NC, Cary
Joined Apr 2011
369 Posts
I might want to clean the back side (inside) of my white covering using acetone. There's a little bit of CA "spray" that dried on the inside and made tiny bumps on the outside. The problem is, the acetone will remove the white color too. Does anyone know what type of paint I would reapply if I do this?

I assume it should be easy to match white and you wouldn't even be able to tell from the covering's glossy side.
Randino is offline Find More Posts by Randino
Old Feb 24, 2013, 06:04 AM
Aussies fly Down Under!
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Oct 2012
548 Posts
if anyones interested, after over 3 months asking I FINALLY found out when they will be back in stock of 47's....

April or May...

(6 months is a bloody long time to wait for a plane... oh well.)

(hope I dont run out of popcorn!)
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:56 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
2,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirty View Post
if anyones interested, after over 3 months asking I FINALLY found out when they will be back in stock of 47's....

April or May...

(6 months is a bloody long time to wait for a plane... oh well.)

(hope I dont run out of popcorn!)
That is why I've put my SHP on the shelf for a while, decided to fly my buck huck exclusively, if I crash that, the SHP will be the back up. With the long wait, I bet when they come back in stock people will be buying doubles of everything, which means they will come and go quicker than normal......
Bloosee is offline Find More Posts by Bloosee
Old Feb 24, 2013, 06:58 PM
Aussies fly Down Under!
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Oct 2012
548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloosee View Post
That is why I've put my SHP on the shelf for a while, decided to fly my buck huck exclusively, if I crash that, the SHP will be the back up. With the long wait, I bet when they come back in stock people will be buying doubles of everything, which means they will come and go quicker than normal......
As long as I get mine - it was ordered in November!
Old Feb 24, 2013, 07:00 PM
Aussies fly Down Under!
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Oct 2012
548 Posts
Hey Rayonnair - I belive its the same shipment for your 72 - so April/May mate...
Old Feb 24, 2013, 08:16 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
Joined Jan 2012
2,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirty View Post
As long as I get mine - it was ordered in November!
Are you looking for a replacement for a wrecked one or are you simply looking for an SHP because you want one? The 46" AJ Yak seems to always be in stock, supposed to be a great plane as well. I've got on new in the box waiting for the right time to be built.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 08:23 PM
Aussies fly Down Under!
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Oct 2012
548 Posts
I bought a used red 47shp from a bloke here in Perth so i could start to learn 3d while I was waiting for my 59 slick to arrive. Its a bit beat up, but I liked it so much I wanted a new one... I still fly it, (it still works fine), just again its a bit beat up by the previous owner and I liked the blue one...

I was told (and I dont know how true this is), thats the yaks are harder to 3d as the airframe has a rounded bottom, which makes it not as stable as a flat bottom... ???

After I get the new blue 47, I was planning on getting the 58 edge and the 57 extra, (and fit them out the same as my 59 slick), so i could make a comparison of the three airframes. To help me decide on which 70 size to get....

I was then going to try a few different engines as well with the 3 50" size planes, again to get a better understanding. (I'm pretty new to all this and whilst you can read about the differences, its no substitue for first hand experience).

(probably not the most economical way of doing it - but maybe the most fun!)
Last edited by Shirty; Feb 24, 2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 08:37 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
Joined Jan 2012
2,950 Posts
That is true about Yak's in general but the AJ Yak has a mostly flat bottom, past the round cowl it goes to a flat bottom. The SHP flies really nice for sure, I bought the Yak because I like the look of them and thought it would be fun plane that's different than my little Edge and SHP. I'll probably build it a couple of months. I've got enough planes to fly at the moment.

I have the blue SHP because that's all that was available when I bought mine but after flying it I think the red would be a lot easier to see.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 08:38 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
2,035 Posts
Thanks Shirty. I kind of figured it was going to be then. Factory is probably only just out of CNY celebrations. Over here, up to last week, people were still having their yu sheng.

I wrecked my red SHP on Saturday. My blue SHP is pre-loved and not in any condition to fly cool stuff having been crunched and repaired a few times both from the previous owner and myself. I therefore had no 3D monoplane to fly in that size range, so I went and bought an Extreme Flight MXS. Lucky for me EF's whole range is regularly in stock at my LHS . I'd much rather have continued to practice on the 47 SHP, though. Keeps things consistent.

Once the 72" extra arrives I'll probably be running it in conjunction with a 58"/59" plane (using the same packs for interchangeable 4S / 8S setups).

Back on topic, to Randino: have you considered cutting out the covering and just replacing it with a new bit of ultracote? The colours are the same as the oracover, you just need a conversion chart and you're good to go. Recovering is virtually unnoticeable until you peer closely at it.